• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    hi fellas im looking to add one more 9mm pistol to my lil collection i already own a xd9 an xdm 4.5 9mm, i went to ontarget and tested the m&p which i really liked for so long... well i wasnt impressed at all i don't think is any better or even close to my xd or xdm, now this is just my opinion...

then i switched for the ruger sr9 and i was totally impressed with the trigger isn't the prettiest gun but i liked a lot it works perfect and i kinda considered to buy it.

then looking at the guns they have for sale i saw the smith and wesson sd9 and i liked a lot to... i liked better than the m&p ergonomics wise, and the last one was the taurus 24/7 gen2. i like the double single action, and deckocker is like the put every single option in the gun and i kinda like it.

now what are your thoughts on this 3 guns i like them in this order

1)ruger sr9
    2)taurus 24/7 g2
    3) sd9 i like it but is last because is cheaper and dont know if is good.

but don't have any experience with the sd9 or the 24/4 g2...

thanks for your opinions!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I had an SR9 and liked it a lot. Put almost 10k rounds through it. I regret selling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I don't think you can go wrong with the SR9 if it feels good to you. I like it.

The SD9 is an updated Sigma. It is mediocre and priced as such. It is inexpensive but not a good value, IMO.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I dumped my G26 for SR9C, now I have two SR9Cs and one SR9. Been very happy, as the pistols are very accurate and feel very nice in hands. Ruger also has excellent CS- if you need one.

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    Have you looked at the SR9c? - terrific pistol :thumbsup:

i did but i dont like compact pistols, i started shooting ipda when i was 19 with a beretta 92fs and glock 25 in .380 (this was in Peru), i carried the glock and an .22magnum revolver big frame 3inch barrel. however i like full sized but isnt the sr9 exactly samething as sr9c?

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    I don't think you can go wrong with the SR9 if it feels good to you. I like it.

The SD9 is an updated Sigma. It is mediocre and priced as such. It is inexpensive but not a good value, IMO.

were sigma bad pistols? i mean other than the revolver like trigger? i pulled trigger without live rounds in the sd9 and it felt ok... not great but not like to say wtf is this>>> lol

i think i might narrow between sr9 and the taurus... i liked the taurus for all the details they put in the gun ergonomics are good, trigger is very decent feels good also deckocker, double action striker, quality wise look very good. but i wish somebody here have one and can tell me if they are ok or not!

hornet

Feb 20, 2012
    Severn, Maryland
    i will check on taurus right now the thing is that everywhere i look online is all good things about ruger and in the taurus side all good things on generation two of the 24/7 so it kinda make it complicated. im 50/50 to be honest, i have seen few youtube videos of the sd9 and it seems a good gun i mean it works but nobody really say wow it have this specific thing that makes a plus like the trigger of sr9 or all the plus of the taurus... well as a member of ontarget they have a discount sale on november with all guns on sale so i will just wait and keep researching hope i can make my mind in two weeks! lol thanks for replies.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    were sigma bad pistols? i mean other than the revolver like trigger? i pulled trigger without live rounds in the sd9 and it felt ok... not great but not like to say wtf is this>>> lol

Not bad, as in junk. Just very mediocre and not a good value. Ho-hum trigger pull. New SD9's I've eyeballed in dealer cases lately had obvious problems with plastic flashing (rough edges), which is not acceptable to me. In other words, spending a little more money (or the same money on the SR9) gets you a much better gun. The SR9c is particularly nice.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    If you are not impressed by M&Ps, then SR9 got my vote.

Just a thought... have you look into Walther PPQ?

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    Interesting choices. I'm thinking about adding a larger compact or smaller service sized polymer 9mm or .40S&W. Among my choices are the M&P, SRc and 24/7.

I have always been a Taurus fan. From most of what I read on a Taurus board the current 24/7 in 9mm or .40 are great guns. I read more mixed things on the .45. I do own a 2nd Gen PT140 Millennium Pro. I love that gun (and it is a big part of the reason I'm considering the 24/7). Its only issue is eventually the rear sight screw came loose, but nothing some loctite can't fix.

I've had bad luck with Ruger autos, I seem to be one of the few who haven't liked them. That is, until my LCP (I love it). All I read about the SR and SRc series tell me that Ruger got it right.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Taurus does a handful of guns well. of their polymer frame pistols the 24/7 is supposed to be their flag ship. I like their Berettas and their revolvers beyond that I say go SR9 it is nice pistol and I think it looks nice except the big ass SR9 logo. I have a hogue sleeve grip over the stock grips adn I really like that.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Personally, I would go with whichever one fits your natural setup. If you like all three and simply can't choose, go back to your test firing and determine which one gave you the best grouping out of the box. I had the same issue, I recently fired the Glock, M&P, and XD two times each over a couple of weeks. I was pulling for the XD because I have seen great reviews on the competitive circuit. But when I fired all three, the M&P just felt more natural to aim and I got the tightest groupings with it. Regardless of if the gun is for casual shooting, HD, or competition, the idea is to get the most holes in the area you are aiming for, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom