• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just arrived and logged in! We got both variants in - Tritium 3-dot variant, and the front Tritium rear U-notch variant.

If you saw my posts in the handgun sub-forum regarding these, you can gather that I am becoming impressed with the Echelon. It does seem that the praise from Mr. Noir and The Honest Outlaw is warranted - this has the potential to be a GREAT gun.

Unfortunately, they may not hit the MD roster until late this year, but you can always come on by and fondle them until then. (If you excessively drool over them though, you have bought them... lol)
    IMG_6423.jpeg

Last edited:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Looks like a direct competitor to the Sig P320. I've been a bit under a rock lately and this is actually the first time I've heard anything about this pistol. It looks interesting, and although I consider myself a fan of Springfields in general, I haven't ever actually bought one yet. I might have to take a closer look at this.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    The downside is it'll be at least another month and change before MD approves them and adds to the roster. Same for the 22 mag S&W.

blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    Yes waiting for the approval sucks , It does give me some time to start putting pennies in the piggy bank for it. And to see if any problems surface in the production models though I am hoping they don't .

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    More like a Glock.

Outward appearance, yeah I can say it does resemble a lot of the plastic fantastics already out there on the market.

But I can assure you, there are some things that are most definitely lightyears ahead of Glock - the trigger is definitely one of them. 17 and 20 round capacity doesn't hurt either, true ambi controls, stippling in all the areas I'd want it. Slide cuts/serrations that have some thought behind them, etc etc.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Outward appearance, yeah I can say it does resemble a lot of the plastic fantastics already out there on the market.

But I can assure you, there are some things that are most definitely lightyears ahead of Glock - the trigger is definitely one of them. 17 and 20 round capacity doesn't hurt either, true ambi controls, stippling in all the areas I'd want it. Slide cuts/serrations that have some thought behind them, etc etc.
    Low bore axis as well. It's a Glock without the Glock shortcomings.

[I like Glocks so...]

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Low bore axis as well. It's a Glock without the Glock shortcomings.

[I like Glocks so...]
    I respect Glock, nothing against them. For the longest time had no strong opinions on the Springfield striker-fired offerings tbh, but I am becoming impressed by what I'm seeing/feeling with the Echelon. If it performs, and holds up, could be a hell of a gun.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I wouldn't compare this new gun to a Glock. Please keep in mind that I carry a Glock everyday, ALL DAY.

To be fair the comparison should be to the Walther PDP PRO SD or H&K VP9. The trigger is as good as the PDP PRO SD and better than the VP9. The ergonomics of the Echelon is on par with both and capacity is better.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have always hated on Springfield but they seem to finally be doing things right with the Hellcat and now the Echelon. Looks very promising.
    I used a 1st Gen XD9 a lifetime ago for IDPA. I learned to hate the gun due to the grip safety. My big problem was that I couldn't rack the slide unless I had a good grip holding the grip safety. I also used my 1911 extensively and never had the same issue. The XD9 was soon relegated to the safe for use by friends when they wanted to join me at a local match.

The Hellcat PRO has found it's way into my range bag every time I get the chance to hit the range. If the Echelon doesn't sell quick one may find it's way into the DEMO fleet for "Gun Tastings". More info on the Gun Tastings will be coming out soon.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Got another one in-stock, first 2 sold pretty quickly. This is a tritium front/u-notch rear variant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom