• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I liked checking out the bullets that cutting edge had for sale. I may be ordering a few, but at 60.00 for 50 bullets they're going in special loads, lol.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Went two years ago and talked to several guides and wound up booking a Caribou trip. Going again this year to book another. It's not a gunshow, though plenty of junk. But if you want to book a big game hunt from Elephant, lion, deer, elk, alligator or whatever this is the place to talk to the outfitter one-on-one.

Good luck

Jerry

Big Hoss

Feb 5, 2012
    I went to the show for the first time today, actually really enjoyed myself. Everyone's right, it was pretty crowded, and $13 admission + $8 parking is pretty steep. Awesome displays though, 60-70 boats, professional seminars showcasing hunting/fishing techniques and tips, cool vendors and TV show setups. Buddy bought an electronic predator call setup and additional sound chips that retail for $110 for $60 at the show. If you go, remember, it's a show, and prices are negotiable for the most part. Most vendors are willing to play ball.

Coolest part, was hanging out at the S&W/Thompson Center booth talking to the TC rep about TC's new rifle with exchangeable barrel/scope combos and Stan Potts himself walks up to shoot the sh*t with the TC guy. I was like "Stan Potts?", and he turns to me and proceeds to BS with me for 10 minutes or so. Chatted it up with all of the Primos outdoors guys as well, all around cool experience.

Wear comfortable shoes and dress light regardless of how cold it is outside. Lots of standing and it got pretty warm inside at times.

-Hoss

lotofpez

Feb 10, 2011
    Cumberland
    Did anybody carry at the show. The web page says they will have spot checks but ccw is ok. Then what is with the spot checks?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I had an empty IWB holster (erred on he side of caution and left the Kimber in the truck)

I see no reason AT ALL not to carry there, next time up I certainly will.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I had an empty IWB holster (erred on he side of caution and left the Kimber in the truck)

I see no reason AT ALL not to carry there, next time up I certainly will.

Can you carry in a place where alcohol is served in PA?

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    What's up with the Parole Officers there? "Pennsylvania Parole Officer" is what I read the ticket collector had. Guys and gals wearing plain clothes, and a badge around their neck.

As you walk in, they're all standing there collecting your tickets, then you see some at doorways throughout all the halls.

I thought they were fire fighters at first.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Went yesterday and had a blast. Spent most of the time talking to guide. There are some really neat displays there also. Some of the Taxidermy was just fascinating including one mount that consisted of a full size water Buffalo with two lions attacking it.

Good luck

Jerry

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Went yesterday and had a blast. Spent most of the time talking to guide. There are some really neat displays there also. Some of the Taxidermy was just fascinating including one mount that consisted of a full size water Buffalo with two lions attacking it.

Good luck

Jerry

buddy reported the same. if you can fight the crowds it is a great way to spend a day

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    BTW, forgot to mention the highlight of the show: Jim Shockeys daughter...........

Holy Schit man, unreal....

Must admit I was VERY disappointed this year. More junk and flea market crap than I've ever seen there before. Seemed like the organizers dispersed some of the outfitters booking hunts into other rooms to try and mask the sight of sham-wows and foot pain vendors. The number of "outdoor" related vendors seemed WAY down and the crap vendors WAY up. Plus, it was the only time in my history of going that I went through the WHOLE show in 2 hours. Sad very sad, how far the event fell in one years time. Been going for nearly 20yrs and I will never go again. If and when I find a "Tell Us What You Thought" page for the show, I'd be shocked to not see similar experiences.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Here is one of the very neat taxidermy mounts. This is a full size Buffalo with a full sized lioness and lion on either side. Photo is not the best, from my phone:
    buffandtwolions.jpg

Good luck

Jerry

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Important part to notice that mount is that the right hand lion is totally aired out. It's structurally supported by only the prey.

Commands attention (and respect). That isn't just a mount, it's true artwork. Lots of people stopping to get a good look. There was a MASSIVE giraffe too.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Cabela's just announced that they're pulling their sponsorship from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show due to their stance on AR-15 style rifles.

Way to go Cabela's.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Cabela's just announced that they're pulling their sponsorship from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show due to their stance on AR-15 style rifles.

Way to go Cabela's.

I feel like I should order something from them now and let them know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom