• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    Just looking for some guide recommendations on the Eastern Shore for goose,duck,and late snow goose hunts. Was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on guides you've used,good or bad. I think this would benefit alot of hunters on here.

poorboy

Sep 25, 2009
    give captain trevor hammon in bozman a call. (bozman is between st michaels and tilghman). canadian geese, duck, and sea ducks. definitely knows what he"s doing. 410-745-3867.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    About how much will one of these hunts cost. I was looking at doing one with Pintail Point:

http://www.theriverplantation.com/a...rting_recreation/hunting_eastern_shore_md.asp

They are trying to charge about $200 a person, with a minimum of 3 people to hunt: http://theriverplantation.com/easte...ckages_specials_getaways_detail.asp?artid=164

They seem to be a bit pricey. I've gone on Rock Fishing charters with these guys. They charge about $160 a person for a full day and $110 for 1/2 day, which compared to others is expensive (normally about $100 a full day, on the Bay).

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    About how much will one of these hunts cost. I was looking at doing one with Pintail Point:

http://www.theriverplantation.com/a...rting_recreation/hunting_eastern_shore_md.asp

They are trying to charge about $200 a person, with a minimum of 3 people to hunt: http://theriverplantation.com/easte...ckages_specials_getaways_detail.asp?artid=164

They seem to be a bit pricey. I've gone on Rock Fishing charters with these guys. They charge about $160 a person for a full day and $110 for 1/2 day, which compared to others is expensive (normally about $100 a full day, on the Bay).

I'm no expert by any means,but that's the average price I've been getting just calling around.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Me, my brother and a few other guys went on the shore with a guy that owned a farm. It was $150/person and you could only have 2 geese per day. If the caller is good and brings a flock of birds in quickly....your trip could be over in 2 shots.
    We did the hunt twice and haven't been back. $75 per goose and the hunt could be over in 10 seconds just wasn't worth it to us anymore.

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    Not sure about the eastern shore, but up here in harford county there is some excellent duck and goose hunting on the flats.

you can body boot...
    BootingontheFlats.jpg

layout boats...(thats ice not plant life)
    1-22-11Layout.jpg

Highly recommend upper chesapeake outfiiters

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    Me, my brother and a few other guys went on the shore with a guy that owned a farm. It was $150/person and you could only have 2 geese per day. If the caller is good and brings a flock of birds in quickly....your trip could be over in 2 shots.
    We did the hunt twice and haven't been back. $75 per goose and the hunt could be over in 10 seconds just wasn't worth it to us anymore.

Yeah but doesn't anything that is fun and worth doing cost you!:D

HarCo.45

Nov 4, 2010
    We do it up in Havre de Grace on the Susquehanna Flats. Its a blast especially the body booting... ducks and geese are right in your face. Opening day for canada's is normally warm enough to do it in shorts, thats nice cause when you gotta pee you can just let it go.

mdonzi

mdonzi
    Feb 26, 2010
    pasadena
    harco45 cool pic that looks like fun do the big goose have cup holders made in them did you do good on shotting cans this year we did on the magothy river

Mikeyworks

Sep 20, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    Not sure about the eastern shore, but up here in harford county there is some excellent duck and goose hunting on the flats.

you can body boot...
    BootingontheFlats.jpg

layout boats...(thats ice not plant life)
    1-22-11Layout.jpg

Highly recommend upper chesapeake outfiiters

Body Booting is soooooooo much fun!!!!

I love hunting on the flats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads