• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I just put the third one of these red dots (in 3MOA) on a rifle. I'm very pleased with the performance of these optics but I was wondering about their durability over the long run. Would any MDSers that have one care to comment on this? Thanks.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I have Burris red dots on several AR rifles...at least two different red dot models. All have worked as they're supposed to and never a problem with any.
    I to have Burris Red Dots on several rifles. I saw a recent post somewhere (not on MDS) complaining about parallax with the FastFire Red Dots especially when mounted closer to your eye as opposed to further down the rail away from your eye. Burris advertises these optics are parallax free -- I tend to believe them. Do you think that post is from a "gun expert" that has just enough knowledge to make them dangerous. With my 69 year old eyes I'm having more trouble using iron sights which I really like on some rifles. FastFire 3 seem like a good choice instead of installing a clunky scope. The FastFire 3 seems to work fine and doesn't cost $500+. I was planning on installing one on a Marlin 336 with an 18" barrel.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I have Burris red dots on several AR rifles...at least two different red dot models. All have worked as they're supposed to and never a problem with any.
    I to have Burris Red Dots on several rifles. I saw a recent post somewhere (not on MDS) complaining about parallax with the FastFire Red Dots especially when mounted closer to your eye as opposed to further down the rail away from your eye. Burris advertises these optics are parallax free -- I tend to believe them. Do you think that post is from a "gun expert" that has just enough knowledge to make them dangerous. With my 69 year old eyes I'm having more trouble using iron sights which I really like on some rifles. FastFire 3 seem like a good choice instead of installing a clunky scope. The FastFire 3 seems to work fine and doesn't cost $500+. I was planning on installing one on a Marlin 336 with an 18" barrel.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I used to feel such optics were generally unnecessary and believed the philosophy that less is more and the KISS Principle. But with my aging eyes I tried a red dot…Burris…and became a believer.

I’ve long liked Burris scopes which is why I tried their red dots.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I ran a FF3 on a Glock for a long time (still do!) and have experienced no problems beyond the battery compartment lid stripping out (which was replaced under warranty). For a non-serious-use gun, it's fine. I use it at competitions when I feel like living that Glock life one more time, in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom