• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjbjhu

Oct 31, 2016
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks, but they are out of stock also.

I'm taking it that these are hard to find, and to jump on one if and when you do.

call him. he can get a lot of things in just a few days and is a great guy to deal with. I just bought my first 2 handguns from him and his prices were the best and he was awesome to work with. Almost missed out on working with him though since I wasn't prepared for his store to be his house and almost drove away when he came out to say hello.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    +1 for John. I'll be heading up tomorrow or Tuesday to pick up another order from him.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Now it makes sense...thanks for the clarification.

Sad thing is I haven't seen any other Legions anywhere else yet...

What is there to be sad about? If Fox's took the time to show you options and ultimately find the gun for you at a competitive price with good customer service (which you were admittedly happy with) what more can you ask for? Sure, his suit was a bad idea but I don't feel it's right for members to actively try to take food off his table. Just let the customers decide on their own.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Yes the prices were on the high side but it was still nice to look. The only bummer for me is that Fox Firearms takes up and entire row and i refuse to even look at their tables.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    $579 for a base model Glock 43 is a bit high. The sale price on mine was $550 which seems to be the average, undiscounted price for this area.

Gun broker has dozens of auctions listed around $480, probably the more realistic price.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What is there to be sad about? If Fox's took the time to show you options and ultimately find the gun for you at a competitive price with good customer service (which you were admittedly happy with) what more can you ask for? Sure, his suit was a bad idea but I don't feel it's right for members to actively try to take food off his table. Just let the customers decide on their own.

As a consumer/buyer of any product, I have the ability to buy from whomever I choose. There was a country girl band some years ago, that made disparaging remarks about the POTUS. Both FF and this band have the right to do whatever they want. I, however do not have to patronize them and I won't. As far as FF, if they would have just played by the rules, everything would have been fine. But they tried to circumvent the rules MANY times after being told not to. Then to bring litigation onto the owners/operators of this forum because they didn't get their way, was the last straw. You can buy from them. You can sing their praises on the highest mountain. But please allow the folks that disagree with what FF did to be able to act however they want. This forum is not a democracy. It is owned by certain people and as such, you have to play by their rules.

Sounds simple enough to me!

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    This forum is not a democracy. It is owned by certain people and as such, you have to play by their rules.

The problem is that some people believe if it's on the internet, then it's "do whatever I want" and a free for all. People just don't get it that websites are open to the public as long as the owner deems it appropriate.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    As a consumer/buyer of any product, I have the ability to buy from whomever I choose. There was a country girl band some years ago, that made disparaging remarks about the POTUS. Both FF and this band have the right to do whatever they want. I, however do not have to patronize them and I won't. As far as FF, if they would have just played by the rules, everything would have been fine. But they tried to circumvent the rules MANY times after being told not to. Then to bring litigation onto the owners/operators of this forum because they didn't get their way, was the last straw. You can buy from them. You can sing their praises on the highest mountain. But please allow the folks that disagree with what FF did to be able to act however they want. This forum is not a democracy. It is owned by certain people and as such, you have to play by their rules.

Sounds simple enough to me!

I understand and agree 100% but we also know there are three sides to every story and only one side has been publicized on this forum. I'm not active enough here to know all the details and I didn't mean to dredge this back up. I was just trying to make the point that I personally think it's wrong to intentionally direct a potential customer away from a particular shop when they, up to this point, were happy with the service they received.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    $579 for a base model Glock 43 is a bit high. The sale price on mine was $550 which seems to be the average, undiscounted price for this area.

Gun broker has dozens of auctions listed around $480, probably the more realistic price.

Just remember that while GunBroker pieces may be lower, you have to add between $50 and $75 to deal with shipping and transfer fees, something your local merchant does not charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I understand and agree 100% but we also know there are three sides to every story and only one side has been publicized on this forum. I'm not active enough here to know all the details and I didn't mean to dredge this back up. I was just trying to make the point that I personally think it's wrong to intentionally direct a potential customer away from a particular shop when they, up to this point, were happy with the service they received.

Well, there are 3 sides to every story, the plaintiff, the defendant, and the judges ruling.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=158911&highlight=fox+lawsuit

lkrose78

Nov 18, 2016
    AA County

I have not wrote them off...as you said, they were great to me. I'm now trying to see what a "good price" is for that handgun.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Just remember that while GunBroker pieces may be lower, you have to add between $50 and $75 to deal with shipping and transfer fees, something your local merchant does not charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was more or less talking about what the price of a Glock 43 should be in my opinion. I had not seen any MD shops pricing them below $500

I probably would have saved $30 if I did a transfer on an internet priced G43,not worth it to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom