• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    This bill does nothing to stop criminals. It us unsettling that she is so proud of infringing on the Constitutional rights of the people of Maryland. This is not the kind of representation we want in Maryland. They ignored the citizens who testified, wrote letters, emails, met with them at town halls and in person. They are listening to the Party and the Party Chairman (oops, I mean Governor) and ignoring their constituents. We have to use the tools that are available to fix this: the ballot box and the courts. They have kicked a bee hive, and awakened gun owners in Maryland to get involved. We will be actively supporting pro 2A and fiscally responsible candidates. Lets take out the trash in 2014!

RavensChick

Gun Loving Bitch
    "I was for a very brief period of time, “a bright light” [to opponents of the gun bill]. However, last night a man came by and told me that he was going to contact everyone that had given money to my last campaign and tell them not to support me because I worked on and voted for this bill. I don’t know who my fans are. I came here to make a difference and hopefully my constituents will recognize that."

:lol: That was me, I ruined her celebration 30 mins after the bill passed the house.:D I wish I had a picture of look on her face when I left :whoa:.

:party29: :thumbsup: :bowdown:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    "I was for a very brief period of time, “a bright light” [to opponents of the gun bill]. However, last night a man came by and told me that he was going to contact everyone that had given money to my last campaign and tell them not to support me because I worked on and voted for this bill. I don’t know who my fans are. I came here to make a difference and hopefully my constituents will recognize that."

:lol: That was me, I ruined her celebration 30 mins after the bill passed the house.:D I wish I had a picture of look on her face when I left :whoa:.

Told ya! Good job (again).

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Find out who ran against her in the primary when she got in and resurrect him/her. Bet they would love to give it another go.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I would love to see her voted out of office, and I think we should really look into finding ways to get that done. However, this one is going to be a tough nut to crack - she's Montgomery County, so in truth, (setting aside for a moment that she voted in opposition to the 2nd Amendment) she supported her constituents. It's going to hard to get her voted out. The problem with a delegate election is that it's usually "Choose 3/three of the following" - that leaves a lot of room for her, especially when she got the most votes of any delegate, so not only do we need to put up candidates that can beat the other dems in that district. (straight sweep last two elections for them) They each garnered over 21,000 votes apiece - the closest a Republican got in 2010 was Scott Graham with 15,298 votes.

This is a big numbers game, and at this point she's known in District 15 - she has been in office for 11 years, and has won her seat handily each time. At this point we need to find a way to make her seem VERY undesireable for her district, yet to date, she's done everything they want:

voted against slots in 2005 (HB1361) - couldn't support the Repulican Governor, can we?
    voted in favor of in-state tuition for illegal immigrants in 2007 (HB6) - of course
    voted in favor of slots (HB4) in the 2007 Special session - this was Owe'Malley's baby - just had to vote for that.
    voted in favor of the AWB (SB281) 2013

Short of finding videos of her being cruel to animals or minorities, she'll keep her seat in 2014.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Here's my take. The first wave was DINO-fication. Too many of us were abandoning our votes by registering R. That's good.

The next wave will be targeting certain Ds for removal. It may be that in your district, all the DINO-fication in the world will not change the over all outcome. But if we focus our efforts on some, we can pick these SOB's and B's off one by one. I'm not in Dumass's district, but I can Alamo her. So can we all.

I think we need to organize our plan of attack.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

That is exactly what I was thinking. Banning firearms is akin to banning drugs. If they have not learned from the 40+ year war on drugs, they are retarded. This woman has been practicing law since at least 1979 when I was 8 years old, so she should know that merely banning an item isn't going to work. Look at poor Mexico where they have a ton of gun control in place.

Nope, it is all about creating an environment where it is more lucrative to go to a real job than it is to commit crime for a living. The gun control will NOT fix Baltimore City, PG County, and parts of Montgomery County. It will not fix education and low incomes in those areas. Hence, the killing will continue and the guns will come from somewhere even if it isn't the straw purchase.

I have no idea why this is so hard to understand. People are not getting shot up in Potomac, MD or western Howard County because there just is no reason for it.

To me, it all comes down to how scared she was to shoot the gun because she had "no clue" about them. My sisters grew up around guns, have shot since they were teenagers, and have never been scared of a gun. I really do think that is what separates the antis from the pros. Reminds me of a lady in Bethesda that listed a 36" white oak on Craigslist for firewood. She was so scared of my hydraulic splitter that she did not want to come within 25 yards of it while it was running. I assured here that nothing could really happen to her unless she decided to actually put a body part in front of the wedge, and it took a lot of comforting to get her to within 10 yards of it.

Simply put, it is the "ban whatever we do not understand" mentality, or kill whatever we do not understand mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom