• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    no sir you can go online and order them. at least last i checked you could. you can also find them in alot of gunstores. that way you can SEE and FEEL what your getting. if only mail order brides worked that way...

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I have been thinking about get a M1 for awhile from CMP, but do I need to belong to an particular group to order one.

yes you do. The Garand collectors association is a nice one, the RWVA (the appleseed people), or most gun clubs qualify.

Retired or active duty military, leo, etc also work.

You will also need a proof of marksmanship, which can be as simple as having a RO sign off that you are a safe shooter.

The best way of course is to shoot a cmp match. That's what the garand program is for, improving marksmanship.

Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    Any shooting club/org that CMP recognizes will do, and a C&R is sufficient for proof of marksmanship (I thought, but may have read CMPs site wrong). The Glock Shooting Sports Foundation is accepted, and will also allow you to get law enf. pricing on one Glock per year...

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Actually mail order brides do work that way, if you bring someone here on a fiancee visa, you get a 90 day trial period.

mmmm..... and we learned this how?

never mind... we don't want to know:lol2::lol2:

Any shooting club/org that CMP recognizes will do, and a C&R is sufficient for proof of marksmanship (I thought, but may have read CMPs site wrong). The Glock Shooting Sports Foundation is accepted, and will also allow you to get law enf. pricing on one Glock per year...

I wasn't sure on this point as well and asked CMP via email if the C&R was sufficient to demonstrate marksmanship. First time I asked they said no, I still need to have an authority figure satisfactory to them watch me shoot and certify me; second time just a few weeks ago they said the C&R was adequate and sufficient. YMMV.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Actually mail order brides do work that way, if you bring someone here on a fiancee visa, you get a 90 day trial period.

good point so the return policy is 90 days? what if she breaks/bitches/nags? also, would i have to pay shipping for the return? instead of shipping the product back in one large heavy expensive box, i bet it'd be cheaper to ship in several lighter boxes...:innocent0

jtarpley59

live free or die
    Jan 6, 2010
    Churchton
    Thanks guys I did read about being a member of a group, but also saw so many people on here getting one I just needed to no if that was a strict rule. I see now that it is and the rest of you make a good point about holding one first before I buy thanks a lot again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom