• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    So, my daughter got her learner's permit a couple of months ago. Any decent (affordable) driving school recommendations? This is all new to me. As a PA native (and old) we just had classroom driver's ed in HS and then a couple behind-the-wheel lessons. Essentially, as long as you could pass the written and behind-the-wheel test, they didn't care how you did it. If you passed, you passed. So, what are you recommendations for driving schools?

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I’m not much help but my wife signed our son up at Greg’s driving school since they sponsor stuff at his school. They seem to be all over. He starts in two weeks so we’ll see…

In the meantime, I’ve been doing the parking lot thing and a few short trips on the road.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Depends on where you live.

Out western Md, we use either Widmyer or Allegany Driving School - Usually covers Wash, Allegany, and Garrett Co. About 400.00 - gets you 10 sessions - 2 hrs each virtual classroom online and 6 hours (3 x 2hr) in car. My guys have used both places. Equally satisfied with the results.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    We used Silver Spring Driving Academy for my daughter. They were offering online classes as recently as last October.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    So, my daughter got her learner's permit a couple of months ago. Any decent (affordable) driving school recommendations? This is all new to me. As a PA native (and old) we just had classroom driver's ed in HS and then a couple behind-the-wheel lessons. Essentially, as long as you could pass the written and behind-the-wheel test, they didn't care how you did it. If you passed, you passed. So, what are you recommendations for driving schools?

Thing1 just got his license. Did the required lessons at Greg's. We had to reschedule a few due to school obligations and they were reasonable to work with. Classroom work was virtual which was a big help.

I like the Kansas way of doing this. You take lessons and once you are safe the instructor signs your permit and you go to the DMV to pick up your license.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Looks like I'm just going to do Greg's. Online is still viable for the classroom, so that's a big help

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Slight hijack but does anyone know the name of the place in PA or one closer that does more extensive driving skills like a skid pad and stuff?

I thought it would be useful and fun for my son and I once he has his license and more miles under his belt.

Never know when one needs to do a j turn .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom