• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Never thought I'd run into one of these, yet here it is. For folks who know what it is, you know how weird and neat this is. For those who don't; it's a semi-automatic, blowback, detachable box mag, .32ACP carbine...and from around 1907ish. Made by Rheinmetall for Dreyse in small numbers, and weird as it gets. Hinges open and can be field stripped in literally less than 3 seconds. Forgotten Weapons did a video on one years ago, but I managed to find one and wasn't even looking...

Karma? Luck? Who knows...but she's here to stay. Gonna take it out for a few shots next week and see how it does....sure is pretty, though.

Attachments

• Dreyse Light Carbine.jpg
      Dreyse Light Carbine.jpg
      72.7 KB · Views: 335

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Ah yes...I forgot to link the video haha. I'm guaranteed to give myself the "Dreyse thumb" like Ian did in the video.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    That's hard core cool. I've seen a few over decades but decidedly rare. And it looks to be in fantastic condition. That's not something you expect to run across in a typical LGS. Awesome find!

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Took it out shooting today, and it's a hoot and a half to shoot this little thing. Virtually no recoil, fairly accurate within its intended distance, and throws brass about straight up in the air in front of you a few feet. Only problem this gun has is the magazine spring is likely worn from being, well, around 115 years old...and the last round loves to stovepipe, jam, or flat out eject itself out with the spent case of the round before. Hardly a problem, since I don't intend on shooting this gun with any regularity...but for its age, it does the trick and I can't recall having more fun from such a weird platform in a long time.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    You need to rig up some extended magazines (in a neighboring state) and run it in some PCC matches.

That's what Ian would do...

Very cool little carbine.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    You need to rig up some extended magazines (in a neighboring state) and run it in some PCC matches.

That's what Ian would do...

Very cool little carbine.

I can't imagine it'd be terribly difficult to make magazine for these...they are very modern, surprisingly. Double stack with a simple catch hole to slot in. They ARE, as one would expect from ANY German gun, serialized to the gun like every other part on there (and the floorplate and follower both are serialized, too). Seriously impressed by this preposterous little thing.

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    Never thought I'd run into one of these, yet here it is. For folks who know what it is, you know how weird and neat this is. For those who don't; it's a semi-automatic, blowback, detachable box mag, .32ACP carbine...and from around 1907ish. Made by Rheinmetall for Dreyse in small numbers, and weird as it gets. Hinges open and can be field stripped in literally less than 3 seconds. Forgotten Weapons did a video on one years ago, but I managed to find one and wasn't even looking...

Karma? Luck? Who knows...but she's here to stay. Gonna take it out for a few shots next week and see how it does....sure is pretty, though.

It is elegant

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom