• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    So, I'm not much on "improving" my C&R firearms, but I did decide that it would be ok for one of my "modern" C&R pistols... one of my two CZ82s. I got one of the ones AIM had available a few months ago. It is interesting in that it actually has a slide and frame that is finished in Gray and not Black. It still had the CIA tag on it so I think it was imported this way. A little research on the internet revealed that a few folks have gotten these over the years. It also has a mark of "OP 97" on it which some speculated is a refurb mark so I can only guess it was a finish done during its last refurb. Anyway, it is really nice shape except it had warn grips on it. So I ordered some nice Rosewood ones and slapped them on it and figured I would share. Pictures of it with original grips, next to my other CZ82 that is "all stock" and with its new furniture.

For anyone who doesn't have one, I HIGHLY recommend getting a CZ82. It is my favorite range gun and always makes the trip no matter what else I pull out of the safe. For me at least, it is my most accurate semi and it a real joy to shoot. And as you can see, can be dressed up nice too.

Forum seems like it has been a little slow lately so I figured I would share.

Attachments

• 100_0684.jpg
      100_0684.jpg
      84.9 KB · Views: 274
    • 100_0688.jpg
      100_0688.jpg
      68.2 KB · Views: 276
    • 100_0691.jpg
      100_0691.jpg
      71.1 KB · Views: 285
    • 100_0694.jpg
      100_0694.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 275

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    This, so much this.

I kinda get the lack of Tok grips, because of the annoying insert-twisty-grip-lock-thing (TWSS)...but I can't understand the lack of aftermarket P64 grips. From what I can tell, they're an up-and-coming favorite for CCW.

Hopefully soon...

Both Marschalgrips and Grips4U make grips for the P64. I have been thinking about getting a set of wood grips for one of my P64s (the one I put Wolff Springs in awhile back probably) but haven't pulled the trigger so to speak on a set yet.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    They do clean up nice, don't they? I did the same thing with a CZ-82 I had with the worst finish. The other one I've left completely stock. Bollinger Cerakoting and Marschal grips.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      62.3 KB · Views: 243

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    They do clean up nice, don't they? I did the same thing with a CZ-82 I had with the worst finish. The other one I've left completely stock. Bollinger Cerakoting and Marschal grips.

Did you have to strip the original finish or did Bollinger's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom