• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shiner500

Jul 8, 2011
    Maryland
    For bow hunting in Maryland is there a minimum draw weight for bows? I thought I remember seeing it somewhere on dnr website but now I can't find it.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Not sure but I think it is somewhere between 35-40 lbs. You def. want to double check that so you stay legal though.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Vertical bows (compound, recurve, or straight limb) may be used to hunt nutria, woodchucks, and all game birds and game mammals, including migratory game birds, with the exception of beavers, weasels, mink, muskrats, and river otters.
    Draw locking devices are legal on all vertical bows except when hunting waterfowl.
    Release aids are permitted.
    For hunting deer and bear, the vertical bow shall have a full draw and pull of not less than 30 pounds.

http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/hunting/vertical-bow-and-crossbow-regulations/

So I guess there's no minimum for everything except deer and bear the way it's worded.

Hattrick

Mar 7, 2013
    It was. I set her up with a 2 blade broadhead for better pentration. Its all were you hit them dont let anyone tell ya different. We were bear hunting in Cananda years ago and 2 of the guys (brothers ) had brought there fathers #40 or #45 longbow along . Both guys used it on different days both killed bears clean pass thru sticking in the ground on one bear and the other sticking in a baited log on the other kill site. You can say that made there trip

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    It was. I set her up with a 2 blade broadhead for better pentration. Its all were you hit them dont let anyone tell ya different. We were bear hunting in Cananda years ago and 2 of the guys (brothers ) had brought there fathers #40 or #45 longbow along . Both guys used it on different days both killed bears clean pass thru sticking in the ground on one bear and the other sticking in a baited log on the other kill site. You can say that made there trip

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was doubting you....its amazing for me to see how little force is needed to get a pass through.

That's awesome! I hope this 2014 season I can get a bear with my compound bow...

Hattrick

Mar 7, 2013
    Your good i didnt take it that way. I just type vary direct i guess. Good luck bear hunting the best advice i can give you is be patience on stand. Its no need to rush a shot on a bear if hes on bait. He will give you plenty of time to get the right angle and get the shot off. Hope you hear the death moan. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom