• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    As I start this, I am sure that the House is voting 281 through. I've been catching up on the thread and getting mad like everyone else here. Then I though about something. It's my fault! That's right, MINE! I could probably share some blame, but I'm not going to get mad at the MD. GOV. They are Democrats doing what Democrats do. Sure, I've written a few emails and made a few phone calls these last couple of months, but who cares? I don't think I would if I were them. They have been elected and re-elected doing what they do. They have seen that the Pro2A movement in MD. doesn't have any teeth. About 100 people at the Concealed Carry Rally last year and the year before that, right? Not real scary.
    I do believe that a movement has started in Maryland. But phone calls and emails don't have any bite until we back it up. Unfortunately, we have to wait until 2014 to do that.
    So here is what I'm going till then:
    1. Contact our supporters in the House and Senate and thank them. Imagine being in their shoes and having to debate these people. They could probably use some encouragement.
    2. I'm already on Facebook, but I'm going to join Twitter to spread the good word. I had 3 friends on FB, from Florida, Oregon, and Ohio post a link to the video of the MD House Joint Committee re-vote from Friday. Word can get around on the social media.
    3. Join MSI, SAF
    4. Take new shooters to the range.
    5. Buy 2 more F*** You O'malley guns before October.
    6. When elections come around, I'm going to take in active part.

What I'm not going to do is move. If you don't think that this can happen in any state you are wrong. Just ask Colorado. Liberals ruin their own homes, and then move into yours. Then ruin that one. We have to take a stand. Not just for your 2A right either.

What else can be done? Work for 2014 starts now.

Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    I've been active in Frederick County 4A politics and we have 2 conservative delagates (Afzali and Schulz) and a senator (Brinkley), with Claggett leaving and Young vulnerable in that county district and Hough a 2A supporter someone needs to step up, I'm willing to supply some funds. Snallygaster?

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Some good points. I can't fault myself TOO much.

1. Joined MSI and SAF.
    2. Went to Annapolis on Feb 6th. Couldn't go the other days as I have used too much time off @ work.
    3. Emailed everyone in GA, but focused a lot on my particular reps with phone calls, too.
    4. I have taken 2 new shooters to the range and plan to hit this area hardest in the coming months. This, to me, is key. If more people shoot, they might take up the sport or at least see some logic in our thoughts/actions rather than just go along with the knee jerk. Am going to focus especially on taking a few women to the range.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    4. I have taken 2 new shooters to the range and plan to hit this area hardest in the coming months. This, to me, is key. If more people shoot, they might take up the sport or at least see some logic in our thoughts/actions rather than just go along with the knee jerk. Am going to focus especially on taking a few women to the range.

+1 This is key to future 2A wins in MD. We are now a state where the majority in a few, highly populated urban areas--that are exposed to gun crime and lean liberal--can out-vote the minority in the rest of the state who grew up seeing guns in a positive light.

Getting new shooters involved, especially women and minorities, will go a long way towards dispelling the myth that guns are bad and should be banned. A little familiarity goes a long way.

Ken Stanka

Mar 6, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    As I start this, I am sure that the House is voting 281 through. I've been catching up on the thread and getting mad like everyone else here. Then I though about something. It's my fault! That's right, MINE! I could probably share some blame, but I'm not going to get mad at the MD. GOV. They are Democrats doing what Democrats do. Sure, I've written a few emails and made a few phone calls these last couple of months, but who cares? I don't think I would if I were them. They have been elected and re-elected doing what they do. They have seen that the Pro2A movement in MD. doesn't have any teeth. About 100 people at the Concealed Carry Rally last year and the year before that, right? Not real scary.
    I do believe that a movement has started in Maryland. But phone calls and emails don't have any bite until we back it up. Unfortunately, we have to wait until 2014 to do that.
    1. Contact our supporters in the House and Senate and thank them. Imagine being in their shoes and having to debate these people. They could probably use some encouragement.
    2. I'm already on Facebook, but I'm going to join Twitter to spread the good word. I had 3 friends on FB, from Florida, Oregon, and Ohio post a link to the video of the MD House Joint Committee re-vote from Friday. Word can get around on the social media.
    3. Join MSI, SAF

What I'm not going to do is move. If you don't think that this can happen in any state you are wrong. Just ask Colorado. Liberals ruin their own homes, and then move into yours. Then ruin that one. We have to take a stand. Not just for your 2A right either.

oooh raah, those are some fine points.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I live in Frederick, I'd love to run!!! Military vet, clean record, ts/sci clearance, drinks beer, swears, and shoots guns. Frederick would love me to rep them!!! I'm serious too, I will put my name on it in a second

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    +1 This is key to future 2A wins in MD. We are now a state where the majority in a few, highly populated urban areas--that are exposed to gun crime and lean liberal--can out-vote the minority in the rest of the state who grew up seeing guns in a positive light.

Getting new shooters involved, especially women and minorities, will go a long way towards dispelling the myth that guns are bad and should be banned. A little familiarity goes a long way.

Yep very true statement. I have volunteered to help local Boy Scout troops get their kids the rifle badge after helping out two weeks ago with another troop and watching these kids really have a lot of fun learning how to shoot.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Only 2 F O'Malley guns?? I bought the first one today. I've deemed my purchasing as the "F O'Malley Crusade".. First victim, a Wilson Combat AR15.... Its very sessy.... My goal is to get about 7 before October.

ccarson

I'm old school
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 28, 2013
    Montgomery County

An outstanding suggestion!
    We need more of us because logical, facts and common sense are not effective against liberal zealots.
    Large numbers of pro 2a voters will have an impact

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    3. Join MSI, SAF

I hear you, respect what your saying, but I'm still holding them responsible!!

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby
    Some good points. I can't fault myself TOO much.

1. Joined MSI and SAF.
    2. Went to Annapolis on Feb 6th. Couldn't go the other days as I have used too much time off @ work.
    3. Emailed everyone in GA, but focused a lot on my particular reps with phone calls, too.

I am glad you did all these things,, but did you do any of it before Sandy Hook? It is not me intent to call anyone out. I'm just saying that we do not have 1 bit of influence until we show we can affect an election.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Only 2 F O'Malley guns?? I bought the first one today. I've deemed my purchasing as the "F O'Malley Crusade".. First victim, a Wilson Combat AR15.... Its very sessy.... My goal is to get about 7 before October.

wish I had the money... I might be able to acquire one, maybe 2 handguns before then. I'm definitely acquiring a second (if not third) stripped lower though - those are cheaper than the pistols.

gruntz03

Jan 6, 2009
    Lusby

"2 MORE" I am a big guy. I've got to eat too!

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Contact our supporters in the House and Senate and thank them
    And then ask THEM who should we support in other Districts.
    It's like the game of RISK - take entire territories one at a time.

I live in Frederick, I'd love to run!!! Military vet, clean record, ts/sci clearance, drinks beer, swears, and shoots guns. Frederick would love me to rep them!!! I'm serious too, I will put my name on it in a second
    USARAVENR6 offered to run...here we go...

DrCatt

A Knight Without Armor
    Mar 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    Number 4 especially. Taking your friends to the range is critical in spreading our message and increasing our numbers. I've converted a few ultra-antigun dem's by sharing a 10/22 and a 500 round box with them. Spread the knowledge! Spread the understanding!

Jan 28, 2013
    Our failure was promoting gun ownership and conservatism when we should have been challenging O'Malley's broken record "common sense-safety" rhetoric. The MGA doesn't care about rights they don't believe in, and people who are on the fence don't care about rights that they believe are a danger.

Maryland will be just as dangerous as it was before. O'Malley will nonetheless play the hero, and be seen as one, because our side made the debate a question of rights instead of safety. It should have been enough to point to Columbine and VA Tech as examples of what happens with 10 round mags and non-banned guns -- the same thing that happens with standard cap mags and assault weapons.

O'Malley's victory is only as good as people's belief in his law working. The law is a sham, and we have almost lost our chance to show it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom