• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    But they can un-file my website and domain with a single email to my hosting provider referencing a federal law, with virtually no legal repercussions for themselves.

If the wiki grows into something which will be used over the long term I'll move the site and domain overseas, (mostly) beyond the reach of US laws.

Aren't the documents in question public information?

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Registration is now enabled, email address not required. General users may create/edit pages after registering.

I'll continue creating the initial pages for each legislator, based on their support/opposed status in this thread.

HGO and Judiciary committee members who voted "Yea" are now listed.

http://www.roksao.com/index.php?title=Maryland_House

FYI - the 800 numbers seem to only work only when you dial from certain areas. These should work from anywhere:
    (410) 841-xxxx, (301) 858-xxxx

Last edited:

onthefarm

Jan 15, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I've started filling in facebook pages, but I have noted not all use facebook. Some have web pages, etc.

If OK, I will put either facebook, web page, or both when I have them .

I also noted at least one had linkedin. Is it kosher to put that in or is that getting too much?

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Registered!

I will have a 7 page donor list in hand when I go visit the speaker this week.
    Thank you !!!

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    Why stop at their campaign donors? Most of these people own business.

I wasn't planning on stopping at their campaign donors, or even their businesses for that matter.

FYI - the 800 numbers seem to only work only when you dial from certain areas. These should work from anywhere:
    (410) 841-xxxx, (301) 858-xxxx

Understood, will do a mass edit for this.

I've started filling in facebook pages, but I have noted not all use facebook. Some have web pages, etc.

If OK, I will put either facebook, web page, or both when I have them .

I also noted at least one had linkedin. Is it kosher to put that in or is that getting too much?

Too much for the main table listing all members. You could put it under the page for the specific legislator, I entered a new section on this delegate's page as an example: http://www.roksao.com/index.php?title=Anderson,_Curt

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Why stop at their campaign donors? Most of these people own business.

That was phase 2 :)

That was my idea for tomorrow.... We'll have a campaign to gather data on their own businesses.

We'll boycott them and let everyone know about their gun grabbing ways.

pilgrim

I registered and added most of the donor contact information for District 17.

Just a thought when adding the contact info for a donor, do a search to see if a page is already created, then link. Sometimes there are minor spacing/spelling differences.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I registered and added most of the donor contact information for District 17.

Just a thought when adding the contact info for a donor, do a search to see if a page is already created, then link. Sometimes there are minor spacing/spelling differences.

Awesome.

If everyone could just do a little work on their own district, this would be done in no time.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Here's my thoughts.

If I can get some help on Tuesday in Annapolis to distribute letters to all the Delegates who either support the bill or are still undecided, I will put together a letter with a copy of each delegate's business donor list. This way, they'll know we aren't bluffing.

I'll have these letters separated according to which floor their office is located so that a couple of people can hit each floor to deliver them to the Delegate's aids while they are in session on the floor.

Here is what I came up with. I'm open for opinions.

Attachments

• URGENT.doc
      26 KB · Views: 109

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Here's my thoughts.

If I can get some help on Tuesday in Annapolis to distribute letters to all the Delegates who either support the bill or are still undecided, I will put together a letter with a copy of each delegate's business donor list. This way, they'll know we aren't bluffing.

I'll have these letters separated according to which floor their office is located so that a couple of people can hit each floor to deliver them to the Delegate's aids while they are in session on the floor.

This is awesome sir! :thumbsup:

To those that might say it's extortion, I would reply, 'no, it's blackmail, which is a much uglier word'. :)

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Here's my thoughts.

I like the idea, but would prefer a more tactful approach... let me try to work something up. EDIT---- The private donor paragraph is the one I don't like. It sounds overly threatening.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I'm open to any suggestions. I've already printed out copies of each of their business donors. Now working on assembling their room numbers, After all, we want this to be personal, no more carpet bombing.

As for over threatening, look at my username.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I'm open to any suggestions. I've already printed out copies of each of their business donors. Now working on assembling their room numbers, After all, we want this to be personal, no more carpet bombing.

As for over threatening, look at my username.

I had actually wrote an 'open letter' over the weekend. Just posted in WC. Check it out.

I think both messages may prove useful.

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    I like the idea, but would prefer a more tactful approach... let me try to work something up. EDIT---- The private donor paragraph is the one I don't like. It sounds overly threatening.

Plus the suggested response may be considered a misdemeanor in the state of Maryland:

2010 Maryland Code
    CRIMINAL LAW
    TITLE 3 - OTHER CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
    Subtitle 8 - Stalking and Harassment
    Section 3-804 - Misuse of telephone facilities and equipment.

§ 3-804. Misuse of telephone facilities and equipment.

(a) Prohibited.- A person may not use telephone facilities or equipment to make:
    (1) an anonymous call that is reasonably expected to annoy, abuse, torment, harass, or embarrass another;
    (2) repeated calls with the intent to annoy, abuse, torment, harass, or embarrass another; or
    (3) a comment, request, suggestion, or proposal that is obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, or indecent.
    (b) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 3 years or a fine not exceeding $500 or both.

The primary goal is to inform donors of their legislators behavior so those who are on our side will apply pressure to their legislators, with a secondary goal of expanding our ranks for future political activities.

The majority of people are low information voters who don't really keep track of what their legislators are doing - legislators would likely lose a double digit percentage of their donors if people were informed (1/3 households in Maryland own firearms, and closer to 1/2 among high income individuals I know in Montgomery County and Baltimore City/County).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom