• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Yeah, about that...where has Trump been in the fight against NY and NYC's anti gun regime?

Donald spoke out against the SAFE act. He was at at least one rally.

He would fight for 2A rights in NY/NYC with lawsuits but they already gave it to him. He has an unrestricted pistol (carry) permit.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Donald spoke out against the SAFE act. He was at at least one rally.

He would fight for 2A rights in NY/NYC with lawsuits but they already gave it to him. He has an unrestricted pistol (carry) permit.

That doesn't mean he can't fight. Just example of "I have mine, and that's all that matters."

Hence why MSI has traditionally opposed bills that give some but not all people right to carry.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    That doesn't mean he can't fight. Just example of "I have mine, and that's all that matters."

Hence why MSI has traditionally opposed bills that give some but not all people right to carry.

He has been fighting. He wanted to run for Governor. However he can't be a plaintiff in a lawsuit because NYC has already given him a carry permit.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

He is in Real Estate. Trust me he keeps his head down for a reason ;)

It far more than just I got mine.. God only knows how much dirt he has on him.. NYC is not without corruption..

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    You guys are mising the point. I don't doubt he leans pro-carry, but he has started babbling about another possible run at the Presidency to self-promote and this is a hot button issue in some states (particularly his surounding states) that will attract attention.

Last edited:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You guys are mising the point. I don't doubt he leans pro-carry, but he has started babbling about another possible run at the Presidency to self-promote and this is a hot button issue in some states (particularly his surounding states) that will attract intention.

He is not going to be President. He will hand it to H Clinton. He knows it. He does like Making noise however.

He will allow himself to be courted as a King maker but if he gets out of hand I see tax prision in his future. That just a guess...

Even if clean no one is that clean, not even god.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    He is not going to be President. He will hand it to H Clinton. He knows it. He does like Making noise however.

He will allow himself to be courted as a King maker but if he gets out of hand I see tax prision in his future. That just a guess...

Even if clean no one is that clean, not even god.
    There's a reason that he's doing a 'Jerry Springer-like show' called 'The Celebrity Apprentice'. He'd make a horrible president.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    IIRC when I was stationed in France about 40 some years ago the only guns French people could have were shotguns. At that time the French National Police carried a side arm, M-3 Grease Gun, and were issued hand grenades. They traveled in pairs by motorcycle and one was always some distance behind the other in case the first was taken down the other could respond.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Money talks and BS walks. Start matching Bloomberg dollar for dollar in the gun fight and maybe I'll give a crap about what old comb over has to say.

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    Sure , ideally Trump could be more active and donate major $$$$ . But having a high profile celeberty express even mildly pro carry comments is better than either saying nothing, or being anti.

cz27jim

I *am* a curio and relic!
    Sep 27, 2012
    IIRC when I was stationed in France about 40 some years ago the only guns French people could have were shotguns. At that time the French National Police carried a side arm, M-3 Grease Gun, and were issued hand grenades. They traveled in pairs by motorcycle and one was always some distance behind the other in case the first was taken down the other could respond.

I saw an article saying that there were two French police officers outside the Charlie Hebdo office when the shooting started. They ran away because they were unarmed.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I saw an article saying that there were two French police officers outside the Charlie Hebdo office when the shooting started. They ran away because they were unarmed.

It's not uncommon to see unarmed police in some countries. London is famous for their police only having billy clubs. Many police officers in Japan don't carry firearms either.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    The way I read the article, I take it that he is pro carry: Trump's warts and all.

Yes; he is not a financial supporter. Yes; he is a notorious self promoter. No doubt.

I (and most) do not take him as a serious contender for any political office whatsoever.

Fact is, a couple of years ago, he would not have risked making any statement pro gun/ pro carry. Yes, his tv show is nutty, but who cares? Apparently, he feels comfortable in making a statement that almost certainly might have put him in trouble with his Network (ABC?) just a couple of years ago.

I watch Blue Bloods; a police drama with Tom Selleck as a somewhat non PC NYPD Commissioner (also has Tom Brady's baby mama and a Wahlberg brother). (Wife loves it; Often I have an issue with them taking too much license/ oversimplifying issues and or becoming a morality play)

Anyway, 2 weeks ago, the show had storyline in which a Registered Nurse with a CCW, shoot a bad guy that was stalking her medical firm. Wahlburg asks the RN "do you have a license?" and she whips it out. Done.

P.S. Unbeknownst to Walhburg, his wife, also a RN, who got mugged a couple days ago, also got a CCW but gives the gun back to him cause "it's not for me". (may not be for a lot of women, or even men; no prob)

Freedom of choice, without any prejudiced value decision on the part of the show's writers. Win-win. I love it.

Let's set aside the ridiculous idea that one could get a CCW in NYC in 2-3 days (police com's daughter in law/ detectives wife or not)

The fact is, that CBS put this show out, and no negative feedback; Donald Trump, huckster that he is, feels free to say a remarkably pro gun/ pro carry statement days after a massacre.

I live in a state with one of the worst gun laws, and am FROM a state with THE worst gun laws, but the 44 some odd states that have shall issue appear to be rubbing off, albeit slowly, to pop culture.

Baby steps, but I'll take it. Hopefully, this small trend can continue. If Trump helps, fine with me. He certainly didn't hurt us.

Nicely. written. IMHO, many of the negative comments are just more anti-rich guy/megalomaniac stuff. We expect him to be the antithesis of Bloomberg with his money and nothing less. Being pro gun and a jerk is not mutually exclusive

cz27jim

I *am* a curio and relic!
    Sep 27, 2012
    It's not uncommon to see unarmed police in some countries. London is famous for their police only having billy clubs. Many police officers in Japan don't carry firearms either.

I realize this. Just pointing out another downfall of gun control. Beside the fact that it doesn't work, it also leads to unarmed police who have to run away from criminal with guns.

There is a good reason why violent crime in England has increased almost 10x since they enacted their stiff gun control.

Episodes like the Charlie Hebdo incident will continue to occur until the intended victims are armed and prepared.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

They were probably Paris Metro police not French National Police. Of course things may have changed it has been awhile. A quick check shows there are still two primary police organizations but it looks like many details have changed in 40 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom