• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Scandal #6 ... or is it #7 ?

Congress: Obama uses Justice Dept. to target gun sellers, ‘high risk’ businesses

Operation Choke Point, an credit card fraud task force run by the Justice Department, was created to “choke out” businesses the Obama administration finds objectionable, according to a congressional committee report obtained by The Washington Times.

The administration is deliberatley targeting these businesses, despite the fact they are legitimate, says a staff report released by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

Operation Choke Point forces bank to dump gun store
    TD Bank claims Massachusetts shop too ‘high-risk’

“TD Bank does not support the Second Amendment and has contacted us here at the Powderhorn to say that due to our involvement in firearms sales, we as a business are no longer welcome to have an account at their bank,” the sporting goods store posted on northeastshooters.com, an online forum for shooting enthusiasts in New England states. “They classify us in the same gray area as the local weed shops sprouting up on the Cape.”

Of course Obama and Holder will claim that it's TD Bank's 'interpretation'... you knw, those big, bad banks are at fault.

NSSF is 'on it' ...
    NSSF Issues Statement on ‘Operation Choke Point’

As a result, we have worked with U.S. Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO) and expect that he will offer today an amendment to the FY15 Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies Appropriations Bill, which would prevent federal funds from being used as part of “Operation Choke Point” or in any effort targeting companies involved in the lawful commerce in firearms.

Last edited:

07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md
    I left TD Bank about 2 years ago after they froze my account for a gun purchase I tried to make at a lgs. When I went the the bank to get it fixed the woman asked what the purchase was for I proudly said a gun, she shouted "A gun!". Closed accounts and went to Navy Fed

Last edited:

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    I left TD Bank about 2 years ago after they froze my account for a gun purchase I tried to make at a lgs. When I went the the bank to get it fixed the woman asked what the purchase was for I proudly said a gun, she shouted "A gun!". Closed accounts and went to Navy Fed

Isn't Navy Fed Anti these days as well?

I know of two different individuals that have had issues with Navy Fed and firearms. One closed his accounts, the other stayed...

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

Wow, thanks for the heads up. TD hasn't been giving me much love lately. My ATM card stopped working at NY ATMs and they can't figure out why. I was a customer from 2002 with Commerce Bank. I kinda grew apart from them when the Canadians bought them out. I usually buy my guns with Amex anyway, extended warranty and all that stuff. :D

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012

Wow. Just curious, not that it really matters - a debit transaction against checking? Or a credit card? Somehow they must be scanning transaction descriptions and flagging them, I guess

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Issa is good at making noise, but does not hold anyone accountable.

He should seek arrest warrants, and then hold court in Congress.

He is a congressman. They don't have that power. All they have is power of the purse. And that only works if the President honors his oath. Those days are long past... Without the senate impeachment is not possible, and even eioth impeachment there is no guarantee MR O would stand-down ( Clinton set that precedent )

The republic has fallen. Now we see if we can get it back. Sorry to break the news. It has been so for some time.

07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md
    Isn't Navy Fed Anti these days as well?not sure but they have been great to me so far.

I know of two different individuals that have had issues with Navy Fed and firearms. One closed his accounts, the other stayed...
    I've never had an issue with them and I've spent a lot lately on guns.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. TD hasn't been giving me much love lately. My ATM card stopped working at NY ATMs and they can't figure out why. I was a customer from 2002 with Commerce Bank. I kinda grew apart from them when the Canadians bought them out. I usually buy my guns with Amex anyway, extended warranty and all that stuff. :D
    ahh that sucks. I loved them as commerce banks but that was a long time ago.

Wow. Just curious, not that it really matters - a debit transaction against checking? Or a credit card? Somehow they must be scanning transaction descriptions and flagging them, I guess

so this happened 2 times with my check card while buying things and a gun at a lgs. I believe the transaction said Atlantic guns . The transaction wouldn't go through so I called them to find out why, Turns out they locked my card and they didn't know why .. The person on the phone said that I would need to come into the branch to fix it. I went all day with no money due to this issue. Then there was a third problem when I tried to get a bank check for a gunbroker purchase .
    The bank mgr asked what it was for so I told her a gun/rifle and she yelled "a GUN!" In the bank lol. I took my money and was done with them.

Btw I know this is a little dif than in my first post as I had gotten the occurrences mixed up .

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    so this happened 2 times with my check card while buying things and a gun at a lgs. I believe the transaction said Atlantic guns . The transaction wouldn't go through so I called them to find out why, Turns out they locked my card and they didn't know why .. The person on the phone said that I would need to come into the branch to fix it. I went all day with no money due to this issue. Then there was a third problem when I tried to get a bank check for a gunbroker purchase .
    The bank mgr asked what it was for so I told her a gun/rifle and she yelled "a GUN!" In the bank lol. I took my money and was done with them.

Btw I know this is a little dif than in my first post as I had gotten the occurrences mixed up .

I see. So you didn't stick around to confirm the gun transaction was the issue. I would be interested to see that confirmed 100%

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Isn't Navy Fed Anti these days as well?

NFCU won't allow checking accounts for NFA Trusts.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    This is the list of all of the "high risk" businesses targeted by choke-point. You have to love that they are going after surveillance equipment.... because NSA needs to maintain a monopoly on that.

Attachments

• choke_s640x447.jpg
      choke_s640x447.jpg
      68 KB · Views: 88

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    ...I proudly said a gun, she shouted "A gun!"...

When I got an Amex Gold Card in the early '80's, I went to Atlantic Guns on Bonifant in S.S. and got a Colt Gold Cup .45 which was about $600. They ended up having to call in the transaction. The clerk told them I was buying "shooting supplies."

and why do I remember stuff like this...

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    This is the list of all of the "high risk" businesses targeted by choke-point. You have to love that they are going after surveillance equipment.... because NSA needs to maintain a monopoly on that.

I like how "Government grants" are considered "high-risk".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom