• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Is it not a 922r violation to use a greater than 10 round mag in a SKS unless you change out the required number of parts to USA made?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

LAPD

Jan 23, 2013
    Is it not a 922r violation to use a greater than 10 round mag in a SKS unless you change out the required number of parts to USA made?

I don't know if that is a 922r violation or not but as far as my SKS rifle it does met the 922r requirements. (Gas piston U.S.A made, tapco mag counts as 2 parts made in the U.S.A and the hammer, sear, and trigger are made in the U.S.A.)

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I don't know if that is a 922r violation or not but as far as my SKS rifle it does met the 922r requirements. (Gas piston U.S.A made, tapco mag counts as 2 parts made in the U.S.A and the hammer, sear, and trigger are made in the U.S.A.)
    Sweet, sounds like you're definitely covered.

I know nobody has been charged for a 922r violation yet, as far as I know, but I like to warn people that post possibly incriminating pics online.

One of these days I could see the ATF going after people for it out of nowhere. You never know with them...

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    Best thing since peanut butter and jelly in the same jar.

A world class, durable, reliable, and well priced battle rifle.

Can't be beat and cheap ammo too.
    I would highly recommend a purchase while they are still available at a reasonable price. Spend a few dollars more and go for one in excellent condition.
    Unless you want to destroy its value please do not Bubba the Weapon.
    Although now hard to find it eats surplus ammo like candy. (I still have two Spam Cans I got from Century)
    When the first Imports came in many of the Yugos were selling for as low as $99.
    Eddie O

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Planning to shoot my newly acquired 1954 Russian SKS tomorrow morning at AGC. We'll see how it goes...

I was at AGC this morning with mine. Also saw a gentleman down the line with one.

Might have to pick up a second here soon. Great and accurate rifle.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    I was at AGC this morning with mine. Also saw a gentleman down the line with one.

Might have to pick up a second here soon. Great and accurate rifle.

I ended up there in the early afternoon instead of this morning. Got to put some rounds downrange and most of them hit the target. It was a good day!

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Shooting my Russkiy at AGC Sunday afternoon.

My first MDShooter spotting in the wild! I saw you while I was packing up. Hope you had a good time. Beautiful day.

You missed the muzzleloader AD that happened at the bench over from me (less accidental, more negligent). Had a good scare and a nice cloud of dirt in my face. More entertaining listening to the arguing Vs. a RSO.

Last edited:

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    You missed the muzzleloader AD that happened at the bench over from me (less accidental, more negligent). Had a good scare and a nice cloud of dirt in my face. More entertaining listening to the arguing Vs. a RSO.

Yikes! Glad everyone is ok.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Yikes! Glad everyone is ok.

Lucky for us, muzzle control was there. I think he fired a cap thinking there was no powder but was mistaken.

Let me know the next time you are headed to AGC. I will bring along my Yugo SKS.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Since so may like to shoot their SKS, maybe a new MDS SKS league should be established with regional shoots throughout the state. Maybe culminating in a championship match?

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    I would highly recommend a purchase while they are still available at a reasonable price. Spend a few dollars more and go for one in excellent condition.
    Unless you want to destroy its value please do not Bubba the Weapon.
    Although now hard to find it eats surplus ammo like candy. (I still have two Spam Cans I got from Century)
    When the first Imports came in many of the Yugos were selling for as low as $99.
    Eddie O

Really. My Chinese type 56 will eat anything I put in it. I have a bunch of rifles to shoot but this is a favorite.:)

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have one go to SKS, it was one of those Sino-Albanians that came in a few years ago. It shoots like a dream and eats anything you can put in it.

Glad I bought few of them while I had the chance.

MarylandWillWin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    Since so may like to shoot their SKS, maybe a new MDS SKS league should be established with regional shoots throughout the state. Maybe culminating in a championship match?

Iron sights, cheap steel ammo only, 200 & 300yd. Like an anti F class, long range, benchrest type thing, ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom