Does anyone know about receipt of selling gun ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40watt

Free Thinking American
    Jan 12, 2013
    Halethorpe Area
    I just sold a handgun in another state FFL dealer , but the receipt he give to me only shows gun model, serial number, sold day , amount , stamp his company name and FFL #, his signature, didn't show my name and phone #, this company is far from my house, I called him, he promised give me a comprehensive one, but hasn't sent to me yet , I don't know if I must let he to write my name or phone number on there or I can legally add by myself .
    Thanks.
    Should have been log into his "Book". In turn you can contact the state police of that state and provide them with a condensed version of the story. Tell them your uneasy and provide them with the serial number and make / model of said firearm. They should be able to run it and verify that it is no longer registered to you without disclosing who the current owner is.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Thank you , but I sold the gun on Nov 2023 for less two month , it is worth I posted here and made my question cleared .

We all know you finally sold the gun.

Now you are going crazy worrying about that stupid unnecessary receipt.

Everyone is telling you you don't need no stinking receipt.

Forget about it and enjoy your life.

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... They should be able to run it and verify that it is no longer registered to you without disclosing who the current owner is.

The State Police in another state have nothing to do with Maryland's records.

If it ever was "registered " to him in Maryland, it will ALWAYS be "registered" to him in Maryland.

Maryland's version of "registration" is not a list of handguns you own. It is a list of guns you filled out a Form 77r on.

The fact that you filled out 77r in 1985 and sold the gun in 1986 does not change the fact that you filled out that form.

There will always be a record that you filled out the form. Thus, the gun will be "registered" to you for all eternity.

That same gun will also be "registered" to every other person who bought it and filled out a Form 77r. It could be "registered " to a dozen different people.

Maryland does not register handguns. It registers Forms 77r.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Should have been log into his "Book". In turn you can contact the state police of that state and provide them with a condensed version of the story. Tell them your uneasy and provide them with the serial number and make / model of said firearm. They should be able to run it and verify that it is no longer registered to you without disclosing who the current owner is.
    VSP doesn’t have a registry, except for machine guns. They act as the point of contact for running checks and only record whether the check was for a handgun or long gun, not any details about the gun itself.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I think the receipt should be laminated and placed in an opaque envelope, then put into an anonymous safe-deposit box in a foreign country starting with "S".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom