Does a 223/5.56 NATO lever rifle make any sense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    (Something like 5.5 lbs with the scope)

3f45c2a75684e350d28ccac23248da3a.jpg

73941af7fca07705d33ec143872a79d8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

WOW!

Very, very, nice.

Took you long enough, lol, but thank you.

Completely unstrategic use of resources given the current political climate, but hey.

After reading the info provided for my initial post I am kind of in the same boat with you. I want to make a somewhat non-stratigic buy of a lever gun. Not in 223/5.56 but in 30-30 or 45-70. (I just hope we don't have a tragic 'boating accident' and end up losing our guns in the Bay.)

After considering it, I think I'm better off with a larger caliber rifle not another one in 5.56. I think one AR-15 platform is enough at this time and I just want the lever rifle. I had a Marlin I bought 1972 and sold to my brother. I guess I just want one again for the fun factor.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'm with you, brother badger. If we adopt too much of a "strategic" mindset, we sometimes will buy things that we discover we never really wanted but made a buying decision based on a possible future desire. It's terrible that we have to operate under the notion that some firearms may be banned from future purchase in MD or the US. While there might be some planning in anticipation, sometimes you got to have fun now. Go buy what you want.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm with you, brother badger. If we adopt too much of a "strategic" mindset, we sometimes will buy things that we discover we never really wanted but made a buying decision based on a possible future desire. It's terrible that we have to operate under the notion that some firearms may be banned from future purchase in MD or the US. While there might be some planning in anticipation, sometimes you got to have fun now. Go buy what you want.

Ugh, yeah. My AR-15 was put together for that reason. I kind of want an AR-10 for that reason (I feel like MD assembly just forgot about them).

So sure I want lots and lots of stuff, but my basic rounding out of my collection is a bolt gun in 5.56/.223 to complement my AR-15, a semi-auto in .308 to complement my .308 bolt gun, a .30-30 lever rifle and a .22lr bolt gun to complement my 10/22.

I am leaning towards a Mossberg Predator, AR-10, Marlin 336 in .30-30 and a Ruger American rimfire. There are other guns I want, like a Garand, but I feel like those 3 would cover me pretty well and anything else are just cherries. Of course I also worry that Garland price and availability are just going to keep going in opposite and not good directions.

I don't think I am going to have the money to buy anything else for quite awhile, though if I am lucky I might be able to stash away an AR-10 lower some month soon. I certainly will if they might be banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom