• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I never painted all DRs or all med techs - just folks that blindly ask meaningless questions.

Someone needs to grow up and stop acting like a child but you are amusing me. :D

I am not even a little worked up (can't say the same for you can we?)

I have always stated I have NO ISSUE answering the question just don't see the purpose.

It's like my Plummer asking me what kind of gas I use in my car - totally unrelated and useless information. I know big smart important doctors know everything and should help anyone that isn't an MD through all of their life.

Is it painful?

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Better get use to it. They want to know everything about all of us. Because if they know they can control. Thats the bittom line. Control

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    It's really not the doctors I worry about. It's about what could happen to the information they collect.

Since the insurance companies have access to the information, what's to say gun ownership won't be treated the same way as smoking, high cholesterol, or hypertension?

Now, what did I do with my Reynolds Wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    It's really not the doctors I worry about. It's about what could happen to the information they collect.

Since the insurance companies have access to the information, what's to say gun ownership won't be treated the same way as smoking, high cholesterol, or hypertension?

Now, what did I do with my Reynolds Wrap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you. Thats a valid concern.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Screwy. Best answer is No. Never held a gun. Not her business.

One can see that unsecured firearms and a lack of smoke detectors share a common trait. Both statistically elevate danger in the home. insurers and others will likely do more of this.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    exactly.
    Insurers will want a surcharge for gun owners. They often do the financial pay out for accidental shootings in a home in a civil case. Believe it or not.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Funny, Med star is killing all the GP's down here. wonder if it is a med star thing? I go to Dr. trottier and flannagen and they never asked me those questions.

You will see more and more employed physicians. Best decision I ever made was to be employed and not on my own. I do my job and go home, without having to worry about anything.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Funny, Med star is killing all the GP's down here. wonder if it is a med star thing? I go to Dr. trottier and flannagen and they never asked me those questions.

Its not a Medstar thing. All Electronic record programs have a place to ask about firearms. Medstar does not require any of us ask it.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    That was a true statement...the first time I met with my newest physician...;)

I tell my kids to leave blank any question from school, etc. regarding firearms in the home. If pressed further, deny. It's not any of their business and not pertinant to what's being applied. I abhor dishonesty, and my kids know that. To ask a question which shouldn't be asked is even worse. With regard to my doctor, how does his treating me make him a good judge of what firearms I may have? How does that help him treat me? Same deal.
    I just don't answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom