• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock30Eric

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2013
    Hello MDS,

I am an active member on Glocktalk.com. I have decided to sign up on MDS because of SB281 to keep up with you guys with the aftermath of SB281.

I really believe it is time for the Southern Maryland to secedee the state of Maryland. I hope all other parts of Maryland will do the same.

Anyway, I am bringing this thread up to ask to see if there are gun dealers that would like to give a discount for the MD residents to buy "assualt guns" which I never agree with it, due to the recent SB281.

For example MAPaul decided to give Colorado residents a discount on their products due to their recent anti-gun control law.

I need to buy an AK-47, Glock 21 Gen 4, and few other battle rifles. If you are a dealer then please contact me for the offer.

Thank you and it is really a sad day for State of Maryland,

Let's secedee state of Maryland!

Stein79

Surf&Turf
    Feb 3, 2011
    Murderland
    Magpul is a manufacturer not a gun dealer. So, you're not comparing apples to apples. The distributors would have to give the gun dealers a discount in order for them to pass that along to the customer.
    Since their businesses are being crippled by this bill they cannot afford to take a loss and sell to us at a discount.
    Supply is supply and demand is demand. If you need one that bad look around at local shops or go on gunbroker.

Just my $.02

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I agree with Stein. Apples to oranges. If anything, the Maryland dealers are going to be jacking their prices sky high in an effort to reap maximum profits while they still can.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    So some people here want to gouge the market when selling their own items, but want a discount when buying. This is rich, real rich.:sad20:

I may post this in the "funny" thread we have on the board.

Glock30Eric

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2013
    Magpul is a manufacturer not a gun dealer. So, you're not comparing apples to apples. The distributors would have to give the gun dealers a discount in order for them to pass that along to the customer.
    Since their businesses are being crippled by this bill they cannot afford to take a loss and sell to us at a discount.
    Supply is supply and demand is demand. If you need one that bad look around at local shops or go on gunbroker.

Just my $.02

Sigh, I know Magpul is a manufacturer of magazine. I was trying to give an example for a product manufacturer to give us a discount due to a bill that just passed. It would be nice, but I think I was hoping one something for too much.

Glock30Eric

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2013
    I agree with Stein. Apples to oranges. If anything, the Maryland dealers are going to be jacking their prices sky high in an effort to reap maximum profits while they still can.

It could be either bad or good for them to rip us off for a profit. Many of us will remember those who screwed us with rip-off price on a product. Many of us will return to be their customer if they treat us nicely with a respect.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Sigh, I know Magpul is a manufacturer of magazine. I was trying to give an example for a product manufacturer to give us a discount due to a bill that just passed. It would be nice, but I think I was hoping one something for too much.

IT DID NOT PASS......yet. Call your senator and tell them you will fight against their reelection if they vote for this bill. Their vote record is public information and will be posted any and everywhere.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    This is stupid.

In less then 6 months companies who have made their gravy selling modern rifles are basically done with their number 1 sellers.

And you want these people to give you a discount? Why should they?

If anything the price just went up on these items.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    This is stupid.

In less then 6 months companies who have made their gravy selling modern rifles are basically done with their number 1 sellers.
    And you want these people to give you a discount? Why should they?

Yep, and what are they going to do after all of this? Many will go out of business I would think. Ranges might survive, but shops that make their money on 10+ mag cap firearms are screwed. Was any of this considered during the hearings with the a55holes in Annapolis?

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Yep, and what are they going to do after all of this? Many will go out of business I would think. Ranges might survive, but shops that make their money on 10+ mag cap firearms are screwed. Was any of this considered during the hearings with the a55holes in Annapolis?

The aholes in Annapolis WANT shops to go out of business.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD

I think prices are gonna sky rocket and we are going to see panic buying at a level we've never seen. If you cant find what you are looking for in stores and decide to purchase online; I bet your going to have a difficult time finding a dealer charging a fair price for a transfer.

Its going to be a long down hill for some time now...As we wait for a referendum and court decisions.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Honorable Mac Middleton,

The last time the senate filibustered SB281, a bill you empatically stated you voted against, you voted for cloture. Most people realize this was more politics at Annapolis, and not consistent with what you told your constituents. You now have a rare opportunity to not yield to the political will of the Governor and actually represent the will of the people you represent. I urge you mos sincerely to not vote to end the senate filibuster this time.

Most people don't get a second chance to fix a wrong deed. Please don't let us down again.

Sincerely,

Thomas Greco
    Indian Head, MD 20640

Glock30Eric

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2013
    IT DID NOT PASS......yet. Call your senator and tell them you will fight against their reelection if they vote for this bill. Their vote record is public information and will be posted any and everywhere.

It is way obviously that it will pass. We need to secedee from Montgomery, Prince George’s, and Baltimore. We also have to build a borderline against those area.

Why don't we all just sign up the petition to secedee from those area and we will have much less problems to deal with? I am sure many of businesses from that area will flee into our new state. We will have to screen them out as well.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

They may or may not go out of business. This is a classic example of adapt or perish. In no way am I supporting SB281, but this now becomes a decision for gun retailers in the State of Maryland. They had a niche with assault weapons and handguns. Now, assault weapon sales will be gone and handgun sales will be next to nothing. Question becomes, can they find another niche in the gun market. If not, then they surely will perish. Those who adapt quickest have the best chance of surviving, whether it be as ammo supplies, gunsmiths, sellers of shotguns, rifles, and some handguns, reloading, training, etc.

duallyjams

Sep 28, 2008
    Deale Md
    Hello MDS,

I am an active member on Glocktalk.com. I have decided to sign up on MDS because of SB281 to keep up with you guys with the aftermath of SB281.

I really believe it is time for the Southern Maryland to secedee the state of Maryland. I hope all other parts of Maryland will do the same.

Anyway, I am bringing this thread up to ask to see if there are gun dealers that would like to give a discount for the MD residents to buy "assualt guns" which I never agree with it, due to the recent SB281.

For example MAPaul decided to give Colorado residents a discount on their products due to their recent anti-gun control law.

I need to buy an AK-47, Glock 21 Gen 4, and few other battle rifles. If you are a dealer then please contact me for the offer.

Thank you and it is really a sad day for State of Maryland,

Let's secedee state of Maryland!

welcome / all the good deals that i have gotten have all been from out of state

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    It is way obviously that it will pass. We need to secedee from Montgomery, Prince George’s, and Baltimore. We also have to build a borderline against those area.

Why don't we all just sign up the petition to secedee from those area and we will have much less problems to deal with? I am sure many of businesses from that area will flee into our new state. We will have to screen them out as well.

If you want to tuck tail and run, just leave this forum. Everyone here wants to preserve this state and our rights. If you don't want to support our efforts, then take your 5 posts and go picket for PETA or something.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Nice to see we're making an enemy out of someone that can help because of a naive question.

We need all the help we can get guys, stop being unreasonable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom