Discharging of firearms now banned in Queenstown?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Kent County has an equal share of western shore liberals and PA/NJ liberals. The KC focal point is the college which has always been a liberal nest. Sadly the balance of the population has shifted to comeheres over residents due to lack of job oppertunities and attractiveness as a retirement location.
    Census numbers show KC has essentially the same population today as it did under the first census in 1790.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    A neighbor and Ii were talking about these type of changes over a few beers last night. We went to a place where I hung out as a kid and all water around. Houses back then were called summer homes without sewage and running water. Many people lived in them at the time. These homes were cheap back then and we hunted the marshes and farms around there. So the past ten years or so these outsiders bought up the homes and tore them down. Rebuilt with these giant three story mansions and huge garages. Then they complained about hunting and hearing shots during waterfowl season and more. So only their voices are heard and not the people that grew up there. So they banned most hunting around the homes and shorelines and marsh.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Some of them, if near me and mine are going to hear some shots tonight.
    Whether it be at the #1 farm for deer or the other for waterfowl its a nice day to be living the life style here on the shore.
    They can call the law if they like. Whether for woods, waters or small town streets thats family and friends too.
    The problem with KI it seems to me, is they sold themselves out and nobody controls anything anymore because they dont own it.
    That will be the demise of all of it before too long but it'll be a while in the meantime.
    What most dont see is all the lands that are being bought by local people to protect themselves from the sort of thing thats going elsewhere like near the bridge today.
    Youngest lad just tried to buy a house across/down the road but no deal becuase that parcel is part of the original farm to begin with. And he doesn't need financing.
    Last time I checked, the only thing worth a dam that confronts me in KI, was the Kmart anyway.
    n=No disrespect to any forum members who reside there today otherwise its a great place and a dam site better than anywhere west of it for sure.
    At least they have a Cracker Barrel for some chow ops/different eats and a short trip to the free gift of no tolls to the place they're most familiar with in the first place.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Something similar happened in a neighboring county a couple decades ago. Targeted ordinance aimed at ONE landowner.

Funny thing, half the " Eastern Shoremen" I know going on how folks moving in are ruining it, were born Pennsylvanians, lol.

Here in SoMD, schools have been recruiting teachers from PA for decades. Plus, all the other folks moving in for the " lifestyle".

Then, first thing, they try to turn it into where they came from.
    Happens everywhere.

I went from not having neighbors for a half mile, to a few within 200 yards.

Funny thing. Used to be DARK here at night. Now, they have spotlights shining ON their houses, and floodlights aimed out. Leave them on all night.

WHAT are they afraid of???

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Something similar happened in a neighboring county a couple decades ago. Targeted ordinance aimed at ONE landowner.

Funny thing, half the " Eastern Shoremen" I know going on how folks moving in are ruining it, were born Pennsylvanians, lol.

Here in SoMD, schools have been recruiting teachers from PA for decades. Plus, all the other folks moving in for the " lifestyle".

Then, first thing, they try to turn it into where they came from.
    Happens everywhere.

I went from not having neighbors for a half mile, to a few within 200 yards.

Funny thing. Used to be DARK here at night. Now, they have spotlights shining ON their houses, and floodlights aimed out. Leave them on all night.

WHAT are they afraid of???
    LOL,, I thought I was the only one who thought that was "Odd".
    My homestead backs up to state land, and on the other side was large tracts of woods.
    Then they developed the woods into 3/4 - 1 acre McMansion lots. They all have the ground lights pointing back at the house.
    2nd thing they do is buy a 4 wheeler because they are "In The Country" even though they only own 1 acre.

I do miss the stars,, used to be able to see them.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Guy up the road the other way from me bought a small place.
    End of last summer he had a pile of cars-trucks over there for the Holiday.
    They all had NJ/PA tags on them.

There was tents, BBG grills, and gasp..... even gunshots near plastic rechargeable toy jeeps and barbie cars!
    Looks like they had a great time,or at least I hope they did.
    I dont think any one of the was the type that wanted to run a place down.

In fact, I believe they're building it up as far as I'm concerned.
    Nobody cares where someone came from all that much I think.
    When you buy into that. choose your friends by how much they make and not who they really are is what bothers most people I think.
    Dont be in a such a hurry to be a jerk, that comes naturally for everyone without even trying.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Guy up the road the other way from me bought a small place.
    End of last summer he had a pile of cars-trucks over there for the Holiday.
    They all had NJ/PA tags on them.

There was tents, BBG grills, and gasp..... even gunshots near plastic rechargeable toy jeeps and barbie cars!
    Looks like they had a great time,or at least I hope they did.
    I dont think any one of the was the type that wanted to run a place down.

In fact, I believe they're building it up as far as I'm concerned.
    Nobody cares where someone came from all that much I think.
    When you buy into that. choose your friends by how much they make and not who they really are is what bothers most people I think.
    Dont be in a such a hurry to be a jerk, that comes naturally for everyone without even trying.

Was more of a highlight of the close the door after I get in mentality, vs where they're from commentary.

I try hard to understand my new found neighbors; tell myself they found their piece of heaven despite messing up mine.

And a couple Karens wasted no time golfcarting their wide assed selves over to complain about the sights, sounds, and smells emanating from my place.

Closest neighbor is GTG though, came over introduced himself and we get along pretty well.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    Your club should seek out an attorney to consider filing a lawsuit. At a minimum, I bet they're way outside their authority in attempting to redefine archery as firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom