Discharging of firearms now banned in Queenstown?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apparently at a meeting of the town commissioners last Wednesday a new anti hunting ordinance was passed. First they banned the discharging of any firearm inside the town limits. Then they added archery equipment to the definition of firearm. Basically this bans any and all hunting inside the town limits. There are several farms within the town including one of the farms that our hunting club leases. This all started with ONE complaint from one person.

I am currently waiting for a phone call from an NRP officer to verify this information but it sounds legit since the president of our club attended the meeting.

I want to know if archery hunting is now banned what authority does the town council have to change the definition of firearm to include bow and arrow? Queen Amme's County is quickly becoming filled with spiteful, hateful liberals...

What farms are within corporate town limits?
    There are a few. Our farm is just south of the outlets on 50. It was annexed into the town a few years ago and is eventually going to be developed. Others lie to the north up around 301. I know the town council has the right to do this, It just pizzes me off that one mentally ill libtard can complain and crap like this happens.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    There are a few. Our farm is just south of the outlets on 50. It was annexed into the town a few years ago and is eventually going to be developed. Others lie to the north up around 301. I know the town council has the right to do this, It just pizzes me off that one mentally ill libtard can complain and crap like this happens.
    Oh, don’t get me wrong, I agree with you. I was aware that the one farm was annexed for commercial development, and public utilities, I just didn’t realize the Waterman‘s were letting anyone hunt it. I’m assuming thats the one you are referring to. Blackbeard and Loverlee are excluded from town limits.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Apparently at a meeting of the town commissioners last Wednesday a new anti hunting ordinance was passed. First they banned the discharging of any firearm inside the town limits. Then they added archery equipment to the definition of firearm. Basically this bans any and all hunting inside the town limits. There are several farms within the town including one of the farms that our hunting club leases. This all started with ONE complaint from one person.

I am currently waiting for a phone call from an NRP officer to verify this information but it sounds legit since the president of our club attended the meeting.

I want to know if archery hunting is now banned what authority does the town council have to change the definition of firearm to include bow and arrow? Queen Amme's County is quickly becoming filled with spiteful, hateful liberals...
    Probably some connected liberal A-hole from DC that just bought property in QA and hates hunting/guns/freedom. Sorry.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I agree with you. I was aware that the one farm was annexed for commercial development, and public utilities, I just didn’t realize the Waterman‘s were letting anyone hunt it. I’m assuming thats the one you are referring to. Blackbeard and Loverlee are excluded from town limits.
    Yeah, that's the one. We've been there about 10 years I think. Started before waterman decided to develop it. I was shocked that the state county and town allowed it considering how close it is to the river. It's going to be a sh*t show once they build. Mixed use retail/residential. The people who have nice homes on the far side of the river are going to lose a huge percentage of their property value. Just wait until the number of car strikes go way up now that there's no one to keep the deer population in check.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Yeah, that's the one. We've been there about 10 years I think. Started before waterman decided to develop it. I was shocked that the state county and town allowed it considering how close it is to the river. It's going to be a sh*t show once they build. Mixed use retail/residential. The people who have nice homes on the far side of the river are going to lose a huge percentage of their property value. Just wait until the number of car strikes go way up now that there's no one to keep the deer population in check.
    I knew it would happen eventually, it’s been in the “works” for quite a while.

I can’t imagine how fvcked up that intersection @ the outlets is going to be when it’s all done. That stretch of road is already a sh!t show. I can’t imagine what it is like for the folks who live in Sportsman’s Hall, they risk there life every day just turning off of their road.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well that royally sucks, just a blanket ban on hunting and shooting. i just can't imagine having hundreds or even fives and tens of acres and not being able to use them as you want.

i assume they also banned alcohol and cell phones due to drunk and distracted driving deaths and accidents...

well that royally sucks, just a blanket ban on hunting and shooting. i just can't imagine having hundreds or even fives and tens of acres and not being able to use them as you want.

i assume they also banned alcohol and cell phones due to drunk and distracted driving deaths and accidents...
    I'm fairly certain it's just one of the local leftists who complained about the gunfire. It wasn't even on our farm. Apparently there's one other farm that has recently been annexed. The whole 213/301 area in Queen Anne's and Kent county's has been infested with liberals.
    I knew it would happen eventually, it’s been in the “works” for quite a while.

I can’t imagine how fvcked up that intersection @ the outlets is going to be when it’s all done. That stretch of road is already a sh!t show. I can’t imagine what it is like for the folks who live in Sportsman’s Hall, they risk there life every day just turning off of their road.
    It's going to be a Charlie foxtrot. If you look directly across 50 at the traffic light at the outlets there's a gate. That's the entrance to the property right now. That will eventually become the road into this new development. I'm not 100% sure how many units they're putting in but apparently there our plans for townhomes, condominiums and slab retail establishments. I imagine there will be at least one convenience store and fast food places. Yes it's going to be a mess.

Once I get all of my equipment off of the farm I don't ever have to travel that way again. We have other farms in Centerville and Ingleside and I get to those from the north coming down 213/ 313..

I'm fairly certain it's just one of the local leftists who complained about the gunfire. It wasn't even on our farm. Apparently there's one other farm that has recently been annexed. The whole 213/301 area in Queen Anne's and Kent county's has been infested with liberals.

It's going to be a Charlie foxtrot. If you look directly across 50 at the traffic light at the outlets there's a gate. That's the entrance to the property right now. That will eventually become the road into this new development. I'm not 100% sure how many units they're putting in but apparently there our plans for townhomes, condominiums and slab retail establishments. I imagine there will be at least one convenience store and fast food places. Yes it's going to be a mess.

Once I get all of my equipment off of the farm I don't ever have to travel that way again. We have other farms in Centerville and Ingleside and I get to those from the north coming down 213/ 313..

Oh, there are also plans on putting a lovely cell phone tower right there on 50. The communications company has already brought their equipment out and tested the location to make sure it fits their parameters.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

I drive by there every day on the way to and from work. It sucks you are losing it to development, it’s happening a lot in that area especially KI and Grasonville.

I drive by there every day on the way to and from work. It sucks you are losing it to development, it’s happening a lot in that area especially KI and Grasonville.
    I contacted the NRP to verify that the use of all hunting tools are banned within the town limits. The officer didn't know and said he would call me back. I found the ordinance online before he called again. He called and said he couldn't find any such law nor could the QA sheriff's office..I sent him the link..he said it was "f'ing" ridiculous..

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Years ago they were going to build a Walmart somewhere across from the outlets.
    Right where that gate is that was described earlier is my understanding.
    None of this surprises me to hear.
    Back before that, when the truck stop Texaco was still operating. There was talk of the state moving 50 over to where that brewery is now in the field.
    The church had something to do with it needing more room out front.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    This Island and the surrounding area are really becoming a PITA with traffic, construction and libs. I am thankful for the Republican politicians but their pockets are getting filled with money as they let this town go to hell with all the new construction. Hell, when I moved here you could drive down Rt. 8 and see just a few cars on the road. You could have an open container in your car and not have a traffic light until you got to the 50/301 overpass. Now, there is traffic all day long and the people can't read a speed limit sign.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Sounds like Queen Anne's is going to be the Eastern Shore MoCo. I remember dealing with the MoCo ordinances in the mid to late 90s to try and see what farms I could hunt on without getting into trouble. Moved to Howard County thinking I wouldn't have to worry about dividing lines, etc. Nope, just as bad, if not worse, in Howard County, with no discharge of a firearm allowed in Howard County for target practice other than at an approved range, and there wasn't an approved range in western Howard.

Youngest starts kindergarten next school year. Just need 12 more years of bliss here in Carroll County. Mount Airy is already starting to become a disaster with the town council trying to approve a 600 unit development, that will undoubtedly have an impact on schools and traffic in the area. Have to hope it is like the Clarksburg development in MoCo that took 20 years for them to finish up.

Good luck to you guys in Queen Anne's County. Sadly, the only thing that will save you is a tsunami coming along that knocks out the Bay Bridge.

eshoremd

May 22, 2014
    Pasadena
    Really sorry to hear this. I was just in that area last week driving by a few houses for sale. Always thought I would end up in QA county. I thought that county was pretty red???

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    I contacted the NRP to verify that the use of all hunting tools are banned within the town limits. The officer didn't know and said he would call me back. I found the ordinance online before he called again. He called and said he couldn't find any such law nor could the QA sheriff's office..I sent him the link..he said it was "f'ing" ridiculous..
    could you post the link?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sounds like Queen Anne's is going to be the Eastern Shore MoCo. I remember dealing with the MoCo ordinances in the mid to late 90s to try and see what farms I could hunt on without getting into trouble. Moved to Howard County thinking I wouldn't have to worry about dividing lines, etc. Nope, just as bad, if not worse, in Howard County, with no discharge of a firearm allowed in Howard County for target practice other than at an approved range, and there wasn't an approved range in western Howard.

Youngest starts kindergarten next school year. Just need 12 more years of bliss here in Carroll County. Mount Airy is already starting to become a disaster with the town council trying to approve a 600 unit development, that will undoubtedly have an impact on schools and traffic in the area. Have to hope it is like the Clarksburg development in MoCo that took 20 years for them to finish up.

Good luck to you guys in Queen Anne's County. Sadly, the only thing that will save you is a tsunami coming along that knocks out the Bay Bridge.
    Ya'll have all of that Eldersburg/Sykesville development clogging up MY route 32 :-(

Apparently, there is more money off RT-97, which kept the county and state from expanding that for the traffic and instead they are slowly expanding 32 instead.

C'est la vie. Still sucks though. 8 years till no more kids in HoCo schools. I know my wife, not a chance we will be moving for awhile after that. I figure 12 years is about the soonest. But, I am still hopeful in another few years we might have worked through all of the big projects on this house that are $$ that even with the kids in college will free up some financial resources (we've been saving a lot, so hopefully there won't be much out of pocket to put them through college. And I will of course always hope scholarships). I am hoping to buy a property that can be hunted and put a big cabin on it. I am hoping I will continue to have a lot of telework flexibility with work.

So at that point, even if my wife isn't willing to sell the house and move, that I'd have a place maybe an hour away that I can just go live at most of the week.

But that may not happen at all. A number of my wife's close work friends live out in Oregon and Washington state. Some political negatives there, but in a lot of ways still so much better than Maryland. Not like I plan to live in Portland or Seattle. We both love the North West. No income taxes in Washington state to worry about on my pension...

So I don't know what we will do for retirement. I've got probably 17 years still. I could go in 6, but that cuts my pension a lot and no cost of living adjustments on that pension till I turn 62. Which would be 16 years if I went right at 46 if I was offered an early retirement. Even if inflation stayed low, that is a serious hit to lifetime pension earnings. Plus 11 less years of pension credit. Soooo, yeah definitely not going at 46 unless some relative dies and leaves me a lot of money. But I can also hope I have the flexibility with work that once the kids are through college, I could just move to where I want to retire and work from there for the few years till I turn 57 and I can take a full retirement (at least so long as inflation isn't really bad then, 5 years of no COLAs on my pension stinks, but it isn't THAT bad). My kids should be done with college when I am 52. Having 5 years to move to northern Washington state, get settled, possibly build a house and settle in and then retire would be awesome.

I just know I do NOT want to be stuck here in HoCo for the rest of my life. F that.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I remember when they were building that elevated wooden walkaway through that frag on the north side of 50 and thinking theirs the indicator right there.
    Now those guys who have them blinds over there have to duck carrying their decoy bags underneath that abomination.

could you post the link?
    All I have is a screen shot that was sent to me. Apparently it's available on the Queenstown web page. QA and Kent counties have become infested with western shore liberals who brought their leftwing filth with them. Before the election you could drive from Kennedyville all the way through Centreville and every other house had Wes Moore signs. Eventually there will be no red areas in the state

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom