• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Had to do a badge renewal at NOAA. With a current badge you don't have to go through the magnetometers, but mine had just expired and had to go to the security office. Guard made a huge deal about my Swiss Army knife... he wanted to confiscated it, but I told him I would run it back out to my car... I went outside, pushed it deep into one of the big flower pots by the door... waited a few mins and then went back in and got my badge renewed. Came back out... dug it up... shook off the dirt and away we went.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    With a metal detector in front of a federal courthouse you could probably find lots of knives and leatherman tools.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    at least he put a stop to the real threat:
    Well adjusted senior citizens

just the other day I was at double T diner, and as I was having a discussion about lawn care with a friend when out of nowhere a kind eyed setpagenarian entered the conversation and hit me with a broad side of perspective and well thought out methods for fertilizing my grass. I was flabbergasted! Who did this guy think he was? I noticed during the conversation he had a knife clipped to his pocket.

Obviously if we disarm these people they will not feel bold enough to offer aptly timed anecdotes and helpful advice. WE NEED TO NIP THIS IN THE BUD.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm good with people disliking the policy but at least the man was doing his job and being vigilant. Surely he doesn't have the ability to set policy in his position and even though I'm sure he probably catches a lot of crap, he's still doing what he's getting paid to do. Beats the crap out of someone who basically just shows up to collect a pay check without giving any effort.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I use my knife all day long and don't want to dive into my pocket to retrieve it. I found that this: Mad Blacksmith City Dweller Pl-M-S Silver Pen Cap Lanyard System 6 1/2" available on Ebay works quite well for me. It just looks like an ink pen in your pants pocket.
    I guess I'm cynical but I don't think the 'Pen Cap Lanyard' would have deterred the guard, or anyone else looking for a knife clip. I think anyone seeing any sort of pocket clip will demand to see what it is.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Unless they had a metal detector...walk outside unclip your knife and slide it in your pocket unseen.

Mh, bringing a weapon somewhere after you were told in person not to would be trespassing. That's how it is set up in most shall-issue states. If he thinks you are BSing him he can just get the cops to come in and detain you.

cad68m_m

Member MSI, SAF, NRA
    Nov 26, 2011
    Calvert
    I guess I'm cynical but I don't think the 'Pen Cap Lanyard' would have deterred the guard, or anyone else looking for a knife clip. I think anyone seeing any sort of pocket clip will demand to see what it is.

All I know is when I ask to borrow their pen, many folks inform me that I already have one clipped in my pants pocket. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom