• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    "Model incorrect. Please check firearm receive for correct model designation "MK9".

Can someone tell me what the correct model number might be? I put MK9 on the form. Should I have put MK-9? :facepalm:

f5bac3820751de0be46cf1bbba88480d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    A model # prompt didn't appear? Usually once you verify manufacturer, you get a list of all their model IDs.

Expendables

Sep 8, 2010
    Parkville, MD
    Well this has me freaking out now, I have one pending and my lower says MK9; however I went with what CMMG had on their website and put MK-9. Makes no sense, because there should be no difference between models. Did you buy your lower stripped or completed?

If I get disapproved for a damn dash does that mean i have to start all over again??

2ish45z.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well this has me freaking out now, I have one pending and my lower says MK9; however I went with what CMMG had on their website and put MK-9. Makes no sense, because there should be no difference between models. Did you buy your lower stripped or completed?

If I get disapproved for a damn dash does that mean i have to start all over again??

2ish45z.jpg

If you get declined you can resubmit(anew) and email a short letter to Ted Clutter, along with the new submission number end he'll usually look it over right away.

Expendables

Sep 8, 2010
    Parkville, MD
    I just called CMMG and they told me the difference between MK9 and MK-9 is simply the age of the lower and the change in a serial number sequence for that model. My serial number came back to MK9 which is probably why you got disapproved and why I will probably get disapproved as well over a stupid dash. I'm gonna email Ted Clutter since he seems like the go to guy to fix these problems.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just called CMMG and they told me the difference between MK9 and MK-9 is simply the age of the lower and the change in a serial number sequence for that model. My serial number came back to MK9 which is probably why you got disapproved and why I will probably get disapproved as well over a stupid dash. I'm gonna email Ted Clutter since he seems like the go to guy to fix these problems.

You'll probably have to resubmit if it was an efile. I'm not an expert. Good luck.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    One thing to be aware of about the model dropdown on eForms:

It's just a list of models that other people using your manufacturer have entered. Just because you see a choice in there doesn't mean it's valid. A lot of people are having similar issues with the SIG MPX. Some people have put "MPX-P" in there when they are SBR'ing an MPX pistol, but apparently that's incorrect and it should just be "MPX," but now that choice is in the dropdown and people keep picking it and using it.

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    I've never understood the need for a 9mm AR platform to begin with. But if you love it, that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom