• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I have a feeling it’s gonna end up going from toe to cannonball

I’m eyeing up cans that can cover different calibers, all in one.

Any feedback on the silencerco hybrid 46m? I’m looking to suppress 9mm, 45 and 10mm. I’m sure I’ll be into a 300blk soon enough, just gotta figure out if I should buy one or build the pistol, but that’s a story for another time

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I prefer matching cans to their applications. Jack of all trades, master of none sorta thing. Yes it works, but why wait up to a year for something that does a lot of things sorta well vs something that excels at a specific task. The entire point was to make it quieter. Might as well get the best one for the host application.

Get a 22 can up front even if it means you need to buy a host for it. They make the best gateway drugs.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I prefer matching cans to their applications. Jack of all trades, master of none sorta thing. Yes it works, but why wait up to a year for something that does a lot of things sorta well vs something that excels at a specific task. The entire point was to make it quieter. Might as well get the best one for the host application.

Get a 22 can up front even if it means you need to buy a host for it. They make the best gateway drugs.
    I’ve got a tx-22, came with the threaded barrel. A can for that is definitely on the radar

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You can reasonably get away with three, minimum. A .22lr, a .30 caliber can that will double duty with the .223/5.56, And then a big bore can to cover everything in the .45 caliber spectrum. If you have no plans on going above 9mm, then I would get one in lieu of the big bore can.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    You will be know as the Pickle Whisperer from this day forward
    Lol, I’ll take it

You can reasonably get away with three, minimum. A .22lr, a .30 caliber can that will double duty with the .223/5.56, And then a big bore can to cover everything in the .45 caliber spectrum. If you have no plans on going above 9mm, then I would get one in lieu of the big bore can.
    It’s only money, right lol

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This. I have a couple of .22 Silencerco Sparrows, one Silencerco Omega .30 cal, and a Silencerco Osprey .45. Pretty much covers all of my whisper pickle needs.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    Silly question I’m sure, but would a .30 cal pickle cover the 300 blk?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Silly question I’m sure, but would a .30 cal pickle cover the 300 blk?
    Absolutely. It's the same bullet. I use my .30 can on my 300Blk as well as one of my 5.56(the long range gun). That can has zero POI change on any gun I put it on.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010

Absolutely. It's the same bullet. I use my .30 can on my 300Blk as well as one of my 5.56(the long range gun). That can has zero POI change on any gun I put it on.
    Many thanks gentlemen. This whole area is brand new to me. I’m learning as I go. And to think, this all started with a form 1 for an SBR. Y’all are a bad influence on me, but I’m not complaining lol

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Many thanks gentlemen. This whole area is brand new to me. I’m learning as I go. And to think, this all started with a form 1 for an SBR. Y’all are a bad influence on me, but I’m not complaining lol
    You’re hosed.

What kind of machine guns do you like? :evilgrin3

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Hypothetical question for the brain trust. Many cans have 2 piece tubes that you can use full length or shorten like the Banish 46 with removable end caps.

Say you bought a 22 can that has a removable cap that is a bit short and loud and you want to extend the tube via a union to improve its performance. Is it legal to extend the tube via a union and perhaps some extra baffles to perhaps reduce the -db? The can is legal, tax paid, serialized etc. Asking for a friend.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Hypothetical question for the brain trust. Many cans have 2 piece tubes that you can use full length or shorten like the Banish 46 with removable end caps.

Say you bought a 22 can that has a removable cap that is a bit short and loud and you want to extend the tube via a union to improve its performance. Is it legal to extend the tube via a union and perhaps some extra baffles to perhaps reduce the -db? The can is legal, tax paid, serialized etc. Asking for a friend.
    No, you cannot alter your supressor. You also cannot own extra supressor baffles.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    No, you cannot alter your supressor. You also cannot own extra supressor baffles.
    Thanks for the scoop. I'll let my friend know that it is OK to buy a long multi piece can and shorten it, but never make it longer than the original OEM config to preserve your hearing.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    That's not exactly true. There are some cans on the market that allow you to add/ remove baffles at will and alter the length without violating the law. The baffles on a Maxim 9 are my first thought and the switchback is another.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom