• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Can a magazine release button be changed so that it is not as hard to depress? Due to a wrist injury, I am unable to release the magazine on my Kimber Target pistol with my strong hand. I've seen videos where such a move seems effortless. Thanks.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Can a magazine release button be changed so that it is not as hard to depress? Due to a wrist injury, I am unable to release the magazine on my Kimber Target pistol with my strong hand. I've seen videos where such a move seems effortless. Thanks.

Call Kimber & ask them to insect / repair it...

They should offer to fix it for you & instruct you how to ship it...

Kimber is a good Manufacturing Company...

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Call Kimber & ask them to insect / repair it...

They should offer to fix it for you & instruct you how to ship it...

Kimber is a good Manufacturing Company...

Appreciate the response. I bought the gun at Atlantic Guns (Silver Spring), and was going to call them if there had been no response here.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The default simple response is reduced power ( or clipped) spring . But careful , because that proportionally makes easier to accidentally drop magizine .

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    The default simple response is reduced power ( or clipped) spring . But careful , because that proportionally makes easier to accidentally drop magizine .

Yea, I was worried about that. I shoot tomorrow with fellas who have no problem with their pistols...I'm going to ask one of 'em to test my gun. The other option is to do it with my left hand...slower, but then in all my years I've not had to do such a maneuver under stress. Fingers crossed <s>.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Buy the kit that John suggests. Just be advised that it WILL make unintentional magazine ejection a higher probability.

I've clipped and polished a couple of them for game guns but wouldn't do it on a carry rig. Just my own quirk.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Also to consider….
    If the mag is seated hard against the bottom of the magwell (it doesn’t wiggle) there is some parameter that affects this out of spec. This could include the mag plate cut out at the bottom of the front strap too low, high shel mag catch, rough mag catch shelf, even the ejector preventing full upward movement of the mag, though this is typically at slide lock. A low cut catch slot on the mag could do this as well. A rough mag catch shelf coud do this as well.

After your friends check it out let us know what they find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom