Difference Between a Glock 17L and a Glock 34?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I was reviewing a classmate's story this evening. He loves guns, explosives, and horror movie monsters, so it was only natural that his story for Halloween had all of the above. One of the guns prominently featured is the Glock 34. Being familiar with the gun, I applauded the choice as a break from COD fanboy favorites. I remembered fondly my day on the range with the Glock 34...

And then I realized that I've never shot a 34. The gun in question was actually a very nice 17L that belonged to a friend. I shot better with it than any of my guns that I had brought that day. If it was in my budget, I'd get one. But if I was to buy one, which would I get?

So now I wonder, what's the difference between a Glock 17L and a Glock 34?

OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    I was reviewing a classmate's story this evening. He loves guns, explosives, and horror movie monsters, so it was only natural that his story for Halloween had all of the above. One of the guns prominently featured is the Glock 34. Being familiar with the gun, I applauded the choice as a break from COD fanboy favorites. I remembered fondly my day on the range with the Glock 34...

And then I realized that I've never shot a 34. The gun in question was actually a very nice 17L that belonged to a friend. I shot better with it than any of my guns that I had brought that day. If it was in my budget, I'd get one. But if I was to buy one, which would I get?

So now I wonder, what's the difference between a Glock 17L and a Glock 34?

To start the 34 and 35 versions are for "competition". If i remember correctly the 17l is ~3/4" longer. The 34 comes with a ported slide, extended mag release and adjustable rear sights.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    To start the 34 and 35 versions are for "competition". If i remember correctly the 17l is ~3/4" longer. The 34 comes with a ported slide, extended mag release and adjustable rear sights.

Correct. The 34/35 fit in the USPSA and IPSC box, which makes them eligible for competition. The 17L does not AFAIK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom