• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Feb 23, 2014
    Illinois
    I have been on a lot of shooter and collecting forums and decided to join this one for a little more variety. Today I was passing some time by reading a bunch of the threads on here and adding comments. About 2/3's of my thread comments have been deleted. I don't believe I used vulgar language or offended anyone, I was just offering my $.02. What did I do?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    There has been a rash of new members posting 1-5 words posts in order to get their post count over 50 so they can post in the classifieds...

You're posting activity may have looked similar to that :shrug:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What they said.

If the mods didn't inform you of this, a direct question to them about your post count reversal would be better than airing it out in a thread.

Just trying to give you a bit of advice.

Do with it what you will.

I won't break out the popcorn just yet.

Welcome to MDS.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    OP, it is also the contribution (or lack thereof) with the posts you have made thus far that probably triggered the post nerf. If you have been on a lot of forums for shooting, then you should also know about proper posting etiquette.

EDIT. You might also want to pop into the Introductions area and introduce yourself too...

Feb 28, 2013
    EDIT. You might also want to pop into the Introductions area and introduce yourself too...

Well, I can't hold that against him because I didn't do that either.:innocent0

I have been on a lot of shooter and collecting forums and decided to join this one for a little more variety. Today I was passing some time by reading a bunch of the threads on here and adding comments. About 2/3's of my thread comments have been deleted. I don't believe I used vulgar language or offended anyone, I was just offering my $.02. What did I do?

The other folks pretty much summed it up.:thumbsup:

We don't like padding your post count with one-worders around here to gain acces to the classifieds section. At worst that will get you banned.

Also, it's best to PM one of the moderators with a question like this. To post a thread on it is bad form.

Feb 23, 2014
    Illinois
    Thanks guys, my bad on posting a thread in this section. The posts I made weren't one word replies so that is what was confusing. I just had a chunk of free time to check out the c&r section and a few others. I thought I did the introduction back when I joined months ago, I will have to check. If not, Hey guys!!!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks guys, my bad on posting a thread in this section. The posts I made weren't one word replies so that is what was confusing. I just had a chunk of free time to check out the c&r section and a few others. I thought I did the introduction back when I joined months ago, I will have to check. If not, Hey guys!!!

As an act of contrition, you have to spend 1 whole night with Wes and Professor Horseyhead, before we let you off the hook. :evilgrin3

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom