Did anyone else catch this Op-Ed piece in the Baltimore Sun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    First, she's delusional. She's less likely to be a victim in Balmer in Georgia because she's white and has some kind of magic street sense. Yeah, right.

Then she goes on to say she doesn't want to equate gun owners to sex criminals right after she did just that.

Trots out the same BS statistics, based on anecdotal evidence... Claims that OKP's stats will be much better... Yeah, because we all know what a great and impartial truth teller he is.

Oh, and here's a clue about firearms and self defence lady, police don't keep stats on how many crimes didn't happen.

I'm totally on board with the registry of non-firearmowners someone suggested as well. It should be searchable so those who don't have the "luxury" of being white like her can be assured they won't be the victim of a legal firearms owner, because of course, they are what you have to worry about, not the illegal ones.

I predict she'll get a clue one dark night in the snuggly arms of wonderland she feels so safe in and I predict it won't be a legal firearms owner that provides the lesson.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I predict she'll get a clue one dark night in the snuggly arms of wonderland she feels so safe in and I predict it won't be a legal firearms owner that provides the lesson.

Then she'll forgive her attacker for the the institutional racism which lead him to have no other choice in his life other than to rape her. She will forgive him in the name of all of the white oppressors.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Great, she's practically advocating confiscation. First we start with a database...for the children, of course. Just so everyone can "feel safe". You mean so the criminals know where the good stuff is. And yes, there were a few burglaries from publishing that gun owner list. But of course that won't matter to her. Details, details.

Is it Slap A Hippy Day yet? She needs one badly.

I'm fine with them posting a list of gun owners.........

Hear me out for a second.

Make it public, make it searchable, a perfect way for felons to know what houses to avoid so they don't get shot robbing them. Once the this fine Editor's house gets ransacked a few times, after all she all but publicly stated she doesn't own any firearms, she might start to change her mind. I doubt it though.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I liked the comment about having a database of people who do not have guns. She can put her name on that list, and so can her liberal buddies. Felons can search that database when selecting a their next home robbery.

FTFY

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Make it public, make it searchable, a perfect way for felons to know what houses to avoid so they don't get shot robbing them. Once the this fine Editor's house gets ransacked a few times, after all she all but publicly stated she doesn't own any firearms, she might start to change her mind. I doubt it though.

Except that some criminals break into the houses with the guns to steal them. look what happened in NY.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

I disagree.
    My house is unoccupied half the time. I'm not concerned when I'm home, when I'm not I'm vulnerable.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Claims she's "less afraid of the criminals wielding guns in Baltimore" but lives in Glen Burnie.
    There's some prime real estate available in West Baltimore, I suggest she move.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

If such a list got published, how do you intend to protect you, your family, and your home 24/7/365 from a steady stream of drug addicts? Drug addicts smart enough to look up your address yet drugged out enough to not care about alarm systems or if somebody is home when they break in to steal your guns for drug money.

Here's an alternative. Make the list voluntary and you can be one of the first people to sign up.

Feb 28, 2013

No, no, NO!!!

Why the hell should the rest of us be put in danger for no good reason other than to teach some idiot a lesson?

Whose side are you on?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Agreed. I could go on and on about how bad of an idea it is and why. For now, I'm just pointing out that it puts a big bullseye on your house when addicts and criminals are looking for guns to steal. A public list makes their search a lot easier. They know exactly what houses to stake out to figure out a schedule of when everyone's away, or at least when adults are away.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Then they know where to go to steal guns.

I like the list of houses that don't have guns much better.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    My reply to her:
    QUOTE:

Subject: Overkill/No pun intended

Firearms.........""whose only purpose is to injure or kill, whether in self defense or otherwise.""

You obviously are not aware of Olympic Shooting Competition, or the annual Nationwide Shooting matches held at Camp Perry, Ohio, or the thousands (maybe millions) of Statewide shooting competitions.
    Believe it or not there are thousands of firearm owners who are engaged in weekly Range competitions, along with the CMP (Civilian Marksman
    Program) underwritten by the federal Government. Not wishing to "cherry-pick" your article, but you did go a bit overboard with the above quoted sentence in your article. In case you may wonder, I'm 76, a Veteran of the Vietnam era, a father and grandfather who served my Country and proud of it. We need more Patriots, and less whiners.
    UNQUOTE
    R

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Maybe at least part of your message will crack her paranoid brain.

Attachments

• grumpy-cat-slow-clap.gif
      grumpy-cat-slow-clap.gif
      189.6 KB · Views: 227

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg

Sorry Dan, not a fan of this line of thinking. You are thinking as a responsible gun owner. You need to think like a criminal.

Publish a list, bad guy reads list,waits for everyone to leave house, goes in and steals guns. He is not scared of your guns, he is scared of YOU BEING THERE with your guns. Once you're gone, its like free candy.

No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom