• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Don't know if true or not but I was told SB281 prohibited long arms face to face.... had to be transferred. true or false???? :confused:

That would be false, FTF transfers of handguns and long guns are still GTG after Oct 1. Handguns, of course, will have to be done at the MSP barracks.

There have been some unsubstantiated reports that MSP wants to become the POC for ALL NICS checks (including shotguns and long guns) after Oct 1.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    That would be false, FTF transfers of handguns and long guns are still GTG after Oct 1. Handguns, of course, will have to be done at the MSP barracks.

There have been some unsubstantiated reports that MSP wants to become the POC for ALL NICS checks (including shotguns and long guns) after Oct 1.

Agreed. There is no requirement for a NICS check on a non-regulated transfer done FTF. Don't see any language in SB281 that changes that.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    This exact topic was on the Tom Marr show just last week. So it is still being knocked around in some circles. At least enough to make it on the radio when the shows are limited in time anyway.

Big talk about other states taxing the crap out of firearms too. The whole context was: We can't take their guns, but we can make them go broke. Some very innovative schemes were mentioned.

We will never be able to shove this nightmare back into the bottle. Minimize the damage maybe.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Well Fox news did a report on taxing the 2nd amendment. Showed MD as "considering
    a $25 gun license fee and 50% tax on Ammo so maybe thats where the questions are stemming from?

I saw that quote at 6:25 pm on Fox News tonight. It was the first I'd heard of a possible ammo tax in Maryland.

Mr H

Banana'd
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/25/taxing-the-second-amendment/

Didn't make it through last time, but sounds like they'll be trying again.

Just saw a segment on the news about this as well.

Finally... Something resembling accurate information in this thread...

The FOX story was inaccurate on many fronts. It should be ignored, period.

There is no tax. Period.
    The fees they talked about were oversimplified.

We will need to be on our guard for the 2014 session, because it will be a wild one, I'm sure... but there is currently NOTHING pending that is not already in SB281 (and no... I'm not doing anyone else's homework any more).

Ringmaster

Feb 9, 2013
    Howard County
    WTF? How? Its not purchased In-State. If I buy a 40" TV from crutchfield over in VA, MD is not getting any sales tax from it.

Edit: and forget gunbroker, gunbot.net FTW.

I guess you don't remember Governor Schaefer sending state police out to stop furniture trucks from North Carolina that were making deliveries to end users in Maryland and fining those buyers for not paying MD sales tax.

Feb 28, 2013
    Maryland law requires buyers of products online or in other states to pay a use tax to Maryland if you're bringing those products in to Maryland for use. Unless you payed taxes in the other state equal or greater than the sales tax in Maryland, you owe!!!

Look up Maryland Sales and Use tax.

:lol::lol2: Seriously?? You're kidding right? The tone of what you wrote there sounds like you expect me to give a damn.:rofl:

Maryland, along with our Governor and Comptroller, can blow me. :tongue01:

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Maryland law requires buyers of products online or in other states to pay a use tax to Maryland if you're bringing those products in to Maryland for use. Unless you payed taxes in the other state equal or greater than the sales tax in Maryland, you owe!!!

Look up Maryland Sales and Use tax.

Yes I will do that:innocent6:That receives two middle fingers up!...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom