• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I had some luck picking up 9mm there not that long ago. The ammo they have does go, but if you call regularly and go right after they've had a shipment you can get most of what they need. I suspect most people aren't even aware that there's a Dick's there that sells guns and ammo.

bdadams84

Mar 19, 2013
    Kensington, MD
    Enough people are aware that the ammo doesn't last long. I haven't seen 9mm there in about 3 weeks, but I tend to show up after 4pm and only M-F. I noticed .38spl tends to stick around for three days or so when they get it in. I've seen .556 stick around a couple days as well.

Nothing to report today though.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    That .223 stuck around for quite a while. As soon as a recent purchase gets out of purgatory I may have to stop by there and pick some up. Maybe the drought is starting to break. It seems 223/556 stays around online a bit longer than last month as well...

bdadams84

Mar 19, 2013
    Kensington, MD
    It is seeming that way. This is also the first time I've seen .380, .40, or .45 at this store since I started looking for ammo there two months ago. I am hoping this is a sign of good things to come.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    This store seems to get massive shipments in compared to other stores... I once saw a thread saying they'd gotten in pallets of 223, I managed to get 3 boxes the day after it had been posted here. Most stores you're lucky if the ammo lasts a few hours.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    They get big shipments in, then it lasts for a few days, then dry for a month or two. They also get odd grouping of ammo (once a pallet of 9mm and just two bricks of .22lr)

bdadams84

Mar 19, 2013
    Kensington, MD
    Alright, been off line for a bit. Just went on my honeymoon. I'll probably wonder into the store sometime tomorrow. I need to get a fishing license. I don't know how frequently I'll be updating this thread at this point. I just scored some 9mm at the Walmart in Luray,VA so I'm currently sitting at a good level with my ammo for all my firearms.

My last stop to the store was the 16th. There wasn't anything new on the shelves except for some .38spl Critical Defense which was bought up by another shopper and myself. What was nice was the conversation I had with the other shopper as we waited to be assisted.

We chit chatted a few minutes about the ammo shortage, SB281, and some other banter. I was getting ready for my honeymoon and he was getting ready for his 39th Anniversary. We talked about some of the excitement of "finding ammo" and having to be careful not to buy it just because it's there if we don't really need it.

bdadams84

Mar 19, 2013
    Kensington, MD
    Thanks for the updates. I have no desire to drive down Randolf in rush hour if there isn't ammo on the shelves.

I try to help. It's not hard for me to check. It takes less than 10 minutes out of my day.

I learned that calling the store is not the best option. I tried that over a few days, to find out that I got some bad intel. I had asked if they had 9mm in stock and was told no. Obviously that wasn't hard to believe. But then I find out from another member of these forums had found some there two hours after I called I had to step up.

Since it's on my way home, I make the quick stop instead of making an excuse to save a few minutes. Plus I've met a couple of interesting folk there at the counter.

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Expensive Remington Silvertip

As of 4:30 pm today Dick's had 10 or 12 boxes of Remington Slvertip (20 cartridges for $25.00) - ouch... more than a dollar a cartridge...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom