• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I was able to score 6 boxes today at $12.99 per box of 20, they had what looked like about 30 to 40 left on the shelf. Plus the man said they had several 10/22 takedowns in the back. This was about 3pm.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    screw dicks. The ones by my house stopped selling ammunition about a year ago, and firearms the year before that- not only that but they make a BIG deal about doing so, like they're doing a huge favor to the community by not carrying those dangerous things.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I was able to score 6 boxes today at $12.99 per box of 20, they had what looked like about 30 to 40 left on the shelf. Plus the man said they had several 10/22 takedowns in the back. This was about 3pm.

If I can't buy .223 or 5.56 for $10 or less for 20 rounds, I do not want them. I'm guessing many feel that way and that's why you found them for sale.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I understand your feelings towards Dick's. I've felt the same way towards a good number of stores over the years that didn't follow my way of thinking. However, I've come to realize that, unless it's a local store that isn't very big, boycotting them doesn't have any effect at all. Dick's is mainly a weekend family sport store, selling clothing, shoes, & kids things (lacrosse, softball, etc.). The firearms & ammo corner doesn't make or break them one way or the other. That's why if they have a fairly good price on a rifle or ammo that I have a hard time finding, I'll jump on it. Ultimately it's to my advantage, I am the one getting the deal.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    A few weeks ago, I went into the Dick's in Westminster and they had a couple 50 round boxes of 9mm Para, but wanted $29.99 for it. I really needed them but walked anyway.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I understand your feelings towards Dick's. I've felt the same way towards a good number of stores over the years that didn't follow my way of thinking. However, I've come to realize that, unless it's a local store that isn't very big, boycotting them doesn't have any effect at all. Dick's is mainly a weekend family sport store, selling clothing, shoes, & kids things (lacrosse, softball, etc.). The firearms & ammo corner doesn't make or break them one way or the other. That's why if they have a fairly good price on a rifle or ammo that I have a hard time finding, I'll jump on it. Ultimately it's to my advantage, I am the one getting the deal.

You don't have to have any effect on them to not want your money benefiting them in anyway. At the end of the day, they are either helping you or harming you. Spend your money everywhere that helps you.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008

Rationalize it all you want. I personally, would not buy anything from Dicks, no matter how cheap it was, after how they treated us. That's just me.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom