• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I stopped by the store this afternoon (Saturday) seeing what they had. Lots of shotguns on the shelves and at least two cases of Tulu 7.62x39 on the shelf. At a fair price, too. I think it was marked somewhere around $7.00 a box. Did make the mistake of stopping by Fred's. I have been in the shooting sports for over 30 years, never have I dealt with ruder behind the counter employees. I was walking around seeing what they had to offer. Noticed a sign that stated that they would only sell one (1) box of ammunition per customer. I asked a tall older man if they had any Ruger Mini-14 magazines. I know it is a high demand item but still I was taken aback at the rude reaction of this fellow. Needless to say, the last time I step foot in that store. I was pleasantly surprised at the difference the people at the little train/gun store over on Old Washington Ave were. Guess who I will be giving my money to next purchase?

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I've often joked that Dick's and Fred's should swap names. :)

Although I did have a great experience at Fred's last year in the bow section.

The guy at Dick's told me on Saturday that they sold 20 cases of ammo in less than 24 hours between Thursday and Friday.

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised at the difference the people at the little train/gun store over on Old Washington Ave were. Guess who I will be giving my money to next purchase?

Angus MacGregor's Trading Post. I was there with my buddy about 3 weeks ago when he purchased his Ruger P95 and I picked up some 9mm ammo. Definitley a place I'll be returning to. Very friendly people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom