Dianne Feinstein's proposed AWB in detail.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Feinstein wants a $200.00 tax for each weapon per year...Think she and her buds on the hill won't make that happen? After all, what better way to fund the spending drunkeness of our government except on the backs of gun owners who refuse to give up their guns; which they are counting on, by the way.

Wait, What...??

PER YEAR..???

Link/Info...

VFP

Nov 22, 2012
    But it is. Do you think there is a chance in hell of AWB 2.0 with no sunset clause getting through the House?

Some of my personal favorites:

So, keep your flash hiders, threaded barrels, and bayonet lugs, we're coming after your bullet buttons and thumbhole stocks. I'm having some difficulty trying to figure out how you would write a law that forbids bullet buttons... they couldn't even pass that in Cali, for crying out loud.

Note that she avoids talking about grandfathering magazines. Wouldn't it be a kick in the balls to everyone who just bought 50 overpriced 30rd mags if they had to toss them out?

Gotta hand it to DiFi, she pulled out all the stops in this one. I'm almost surprised she didn't just go straight to "all semi-auto guns are now title II and forbidden from future sale, pay up $200 each or lose yours".

No way in hell this could pass. Ever. She's overplayed her hand in the past, and she's now overplaying it again.
    Really? Who got elected?...AGAIN? NEVER...SAY...NEVER

Perhaps now the idea of being forever vigilant takes on a whole new meaning.

These overly educated fools will stop at nothing to prove to the "right to keep and bear" crowd, just how much power they actually do wield.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    More implied, I think...

Grandfathered items would have to be registered under NFA, according to what I read... but I never saw anything explicit as to costs, etc.

I would expect the "evil" high capacity mags to be individual NFA items requiring a $200 tax stamp per each item. They are also making all "evil" items non-transferable, so you have to destroy them rather than sell, give away or include in your will.

Nice. See, they learned from the failures of the last ban....:mad54:

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    I sent the following letter out to select members of congress:
    It hurts this country deeply to look upon the tragic events that transpired at Sandy Hook Elementary School. It saddens me to that instead of working to increase school security measures or finding other ways of keeping our children safe, certain members of the Congress are attempting to further restrict or outright ban ownership of semi-automatic rifles and standard capacity magazines. These rifles are commonly coined “assault rifles” in an attempt to scare the uninformed into backing their ban. I would encourage you to reflect on the fact that Connecticut already has in place one of the most restrictive bans on semi-automatic weapons in the country and that more gun laws are not the answer.
    There was a time in this country (50 or so years ago) that guns were never locked up and children could grab their rifle and head off in the woods for an afternoon of hunting. There were no school shootings in this era of easier access to firearms. Clearly firearms are not the problem. Now some wish to restrict my access to semiautomatic rifles like the AR-15, one of the most popular hunting and target shooting rifles made right now.

A national study on the 1994-2004 Assault weapons ban by the Department of Justice and the National Institute for Justice, titled the “Updated Assessment of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban: Impacts on Gun Markets and Gun Violence, 1994-2003”, concluded the ban had, “no discernible reduction in the lethality and injuriousness of gun violence, based on indicators like the percentage of gun crimes resulting in death or the share of gunfire incidents resulting in injury.” (http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10881&page=96 , http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10881&page=R1)

Furthermore a 2004 study by the National Research Council found that academic studies of the assault weapon ban "did not reveal any clear impacts on gun violence.” (https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/204431.pdf)

These studies show that the attempt to ban assault weapons has nothing to do with people safe and all to do with certain member’s vendettas against the second amendment. A majority of people will always trade away their liberty away for temporary security. The second Amendment is there to protect against rash judgments made in the heat of tragedy. The Bill of Rights isn't about what we need, but rather protects the God given rights we have from our Creator. There are no mentions of “Sporting or Hunting or Target Shooting”, in the 2nd Amendment and calls to ban rifles not deemed “appropriate” for the before mentioned uses should be ignored. I use semi-automatic rifles with standard capacity magazines to defend my family, to hunt and to target shoot with. Banning firearms won't stop tragedies like this as criminals by nature don't follow firearm laws.
    What we need are legislators that will stand up and protect these constitutional rights. I encourage you to be one of those stood and defended our rights. However, if you do not wish to vote to protect my right to keep and bear arms (including semiautomatic firearms and standard capacity magazines (above 10 rounds), that is certainly within your right. It is also within my right to make and keep the following promise: If you do not defend my second amendment rights, that you took an oath to uphold, I will donate money to whoever your opponent is in the next election is, regardless of their political affiliation or policy stance.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Really? Who got elected?...AGAIN? NEVER...SAY...NEVER
    Hey, I thought it was nearly certain BHO would get re-elected. In fact, pretty much anyone outside the crazy GOP denial bubble realized that. Maybe you should be paying more attention to my predictions, given their accuracy? :)

A lever or pump action would not qualify as a semi-automatic.
    Levers and pumps have started finding their way into some proposed AWBs. Too easy to rack the action, apparently. :-P

hylomar

Feb 15, 2009
    SOMD
    Remember how Obama care was passed through the Supremee Court? It became a TAX which congress is fully enabled to approve and implement. Don't need 2nd ammendment restrictions to pass a tax.

Remember the Whiskey Rebellion? How exactly did that end? The taxes we fought King George over has now become the taxes we in this country are going to have to dispute over once again.

Anyone doubt Obama Care will not go into effect? The results of our efforts to fight againt it accomplished what, exactly?

Feinstein wants a $200.00 tax for each weapon per year...Think she and her buds on the hill won't make that happen? After all, what better way to fund the spending drunkeness of our government except on the backs of gun owners who refuse to give up their guns; which they are counting on, by the way.

Tighten the butt cheeks folks, it's coming. They won't have to knock down your doors, the taxes will be so restrictive that you will voluntarily give them up or limit your personal ownership of them.

Remember, taxes won't make them illegal, the 2nd amendment will still be intact and uncle bubba will get all he asked for while we all collectively cry foul as we open our wallets to the master tactician.:mad54::banghead::deal::omg:

That is how he won the election. Sound bites and villification of the good guys.

I need more Ammo.

What is to prevent an Executive Order telling the ATF to adjust the tax for inflation? $3436.14 per item would drive a couple of people towards a .Gov buy back.

spanokopita

Nov 3, 2012
    hylomar, now you're thinking. Regulate all semiautos as NFA and then index the tax for inflation.

Pay $3500/gun, turn it in for $500, or become a felon.

We won't take your guns - you'll be climbing over eachother to turn them in!

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    What is to prevent an Executive Order telling the ATF to adjust the tax for inflation? $3436.14 per item would drive a couple of people towards a .Gov buy back.

The amount of the NFA taxes are currently defined by statute. It requires Congressional Action to change them.

$200 was a LOT of money in 1934. Now, not so much.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    All good points in the video but there are a lot of flaws in his logic about his assumptions wrt the legislative process in the house

1. The income tax issue has been resolved
    2. Republicans can pass pretty much anything they want in the house irregardless
    3. Boehner is on the ropes with his own party with a challenge from the right...the probablility that such a bill would be allowed to skip the legislative process and NOT go through the committee process is pretty much fantasy.
    4. There are plenty of recent examples of gun bill that have 200+ cosponsors that sit and rot in committees
    5. Not likely to get any time in the House.....much more likely that this will be buried in a Senate bill that goes through the reconciliation process.

I agree we need to CONTINUE to write/call/email our reps but ALL of those correspondences should already cover that you will not support any new inanimate object bans/restriction and that they NEED to focus on the Criminal/Mentally Ill

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Some images, just for funsies:

s_colors3.jpg

s_purpose.jpg

s_gulag.jpg

difference_s.jpg

s_racist.jpg

stopKKK_s.jpg

s_agreement.jpg

blackrifle_s.jpg

whydothey_s.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Grandfathered items would have to be registered under NFA, according to what I read... but I never saw anything explicit as to costs, etc.
    There is absolutely no information thus far to suggest a yearly registration cost, let alone $200 per year. Far more likely would be for it to be free, as when Streetsweepers became DDs.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Sorry people for the info here that you may have seen already. But this is a very serious issue that we need to address and this came from a thread I started before I knew about this thread that had started first. I wanted to post this info again because of the information from the links as well as the link where you can easily write your law makers to tell them how you feel about new gun laws.

Dianne Feinstein has released more details for her proposed 2013 she is now working on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=JDglpt8hpyg

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sturmgewehre?feature=watch

Sorry for the duplicate thread. But this has never been more important:mad54:

Published on Dec 28, 2012

Dianne Feinstein has released more details for her proposed 2013 Assault Weapons Ban. This new Assault Weapons Ban is far more restrictive than the 1994 law she helped to pass. This new law will ban many popular handguns, rifles and shotguns and will require registration for most gun owners. Please get involved to stop this legislation now.

JOIN THE SAF: http://www.saf.org/
    JOIN THE MSI: http://marylandshallissue.org/

JOIN THE NRA: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
    JOIN THE GOA: http://gunowners.org

This link will take you to a Congressional website where you can quickly and easily email your Senators, Congressmen and the President: http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

Letters to law makers are always better in your own words, but if you can't find your own words, You may use this message to send to your Senators, Congressmen and the President:

----------------

Greetings,

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic and heavily medicated. This man was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies, that was proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban. Do something meaningful, please. Make committing the insane easier. Put armed security guards in our schools. But do not strip us of our rights and property by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

Thank you.
    -------------------

(SOURCE: by Sturmgewehre and the Military Arms Channel on YouTube)

The NRA echos these concerns and gives more information on the proposed ban here:
    http://www.nraila.org/legislation/federal-legislation/2012/feinstein-goes-for...

SOURCE: by Sturmgewehre and the Military Arms Channel on YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom