Dianne Feinstein's proposed AWB in detail.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    I'm glad this was already posted, I just saw this on Drudge.

I don't think this bill will make it out of the Senate, however, I also thought that Americans didn't want President Obama reelected either..

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I honestly don't think a federal law will be passed (thank you America for at least keeping the House somewhat sane)

Maryland is a completely different issue. I think we really need to focus on the absurdly low incidence of rifle crime compare with the number of rifles owned in the state. And we can't be afraid of the sporting aspect. This is a state that loves throwing money at a sporting industry that for all intents and purposes is a dying industry, horse racing. Takes these guys out to a 3 gun, let them see the safe practices. Get them out to some courses. Take your friends and neighbors. Most of all remind them that it will NOT make it more difficult to kill people, criminals will be criminals.

All of this is based on emotion, so bring emotion into it. Let them know that even in Sandy Hook, it too the police TWENTY MINUTES to respond.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    Too bad the 2A has nothing to do with hunting or sporting uses.

Wait... I thought that the 2A says:

"A well-regulated rod and gun club being essential to the fun of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms for sporting purposes shall be abridged only by reasonable, common sense regulations"

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wait... I thought that the 2A says:

"A well-regulated rod and gun club being essential to the fun of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms for sporting purposes shall be abridged only by reasonable, common sense regulations"

I must have read the short version.....

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    The MSM controls public opinion, and public opinion controls how the sen/reps vote.

I wouldn't just brush it off as "never gonna happen" they have serious momentum right now and those serving our interests on a national scale, I feel, are not doing enough in the court of public opinion to cause said sen/reps to worry as much as they have in the past.

WTOP reported today that in a national survey about 56% of Americans feel there should be more strict regulations in place for new gun purchases. However, less than half of those sureyed, 44%, support an all out new assault weapons ban legislation.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    WTOP reported today that in a national survey about 56% of Americans feel there should be more strict regulations in place for new gun purchases. However, less than half of those sureyed, 44%, support an all out new assault weapons ban legislation.

Yeah I heard that on the way home. This poll was taken a few days after the event in CT. I would think people's emotions are still cooling off a bit.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I'll believe it's dead when the session is over.

In the mean time, stop assuming it's dead and start writing and calling.

Consider it good practice for 2014.

There is also the probablility that other anti-gunners know she is nuts, know her bill won't go anywhere, but if there really isn't much organized public opposition to it, then they will be emboldened to push something else through. They also have a habit of borrowing parts from each other's bills, so you can expect to see parts of this regurgitated in the future at the Federal AND State level. Made my calls, sent my e-mail, intend to push aggainst any and all gun control bills, If something like this passes, I will be a felon, and want to do all I can to keep that from happening.

HowardW56

Sep 7, 2011
    Ugh. Need to see the bill text, and every exemption.

That said, do not pass this off as DOA, as stated previously.

If you haven't, write your senators, reps, etc. If you have, write them again.

Write them, e-mail them, and make the phones ring off the hook... We can't let up!

Ski169

May 28, 2012

When was the last time anyone on here or someone you know was polled? Why is almost every poll stated XX% of Americans? I've never been polled. I always take these polls with a grain of salt but remain cautious of what they indicate.

uneven

Front and Center
    Dec 21, 2012
    NO ONE SHOULD WRITE THIS OFF AS DEAD ON ARRIVAL!

Could not agree more. Do not underestimate the leverage a classroom of dead children can buy a politician. She will use that leverage to sway members of both parties. Republicans scared of losing their seats may avoid the issue and abstain from voting or side with her on this.

At this stage I think anything is possible.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    When was the last time anyone on here or someone you know was polled? Why is almost every poll stated XX% of Americans? I've never been polled. I always take these polls with a grain of salt but remain cautious of what they indicate.

They poll 1000-3500 people of varying political affiliations, ages, races, religions and incomes. If you don't fit into the demographic they need to finish the poll, your answers are discarded and your voice is never heard. No malicious intent with that, they just want to get a repeatable result in regards to the answers.

Oh and the last time I was polled, it was just before the election. They were quite surprised that anybody in MD would vote for a "Rethuglican", as the poll taker said it...

rml33

May 14, 2011
    Edgewater
    She will throw everything out there hoping something will stick. Future sales of certain rifles and magazine capacity would have a good chance of sticking because of the current issues

IchDien

Aug 25, 2012
    Towson
    Just wrote my state's (NC) senators, Kagan (D) and Burr (R). Both are good on second amendment rights, so hopefully they'll be consistent with their professed beliefs on this piece of legislation.

rac74

Si vis pacem,para bellum
    May 27, 2009
    Occupied Carroll County
    Just follow the money...if the NFA clause goes into affect they'll be able to collect a $200 tax stamp on every firearm involved. So,lets figure "conservatively"...if they process 150MM firearms @ $200/ea = $30,000,000,000 ....nice chunk of change eh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom