DHS Purchases 2700 light armored tanks .....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rizeld

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    THe feds prob have money that if they don't spend they will lose, so why not buy more ammo and vehicles

The Goverment ALWAYS has money to burn before fiscal/budget reset time is close. I'll say it again, They ALWAYS have money to spend. It's part of how the budget system was created in the 60's. Use it or loose it. And when you use it, use it all, and request more so you can get an increase next year. Hence 16 trillion dollar debt. :sad20:

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    this has all been discussed here to length already, the gateway information used in all these sources is the survival blog. The same source .... so they have "some" we don't know how many, anybody can make up what they want. Vehicles coming back from war have been re-sourced for many reasons and uses. I agree I distrust and dislike such a vehicle for "domestic" use but I am not certain the number "2700" quoted can be "independently" verified. If they have 12 as Andy claims I am not too concerned, if they get some 2,600+ more that would be terrifying but I need to see that from additional sources that cannot be traced back to the survival blog.

rizeld

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Oh ya, and be on the look out for all the mass histeria stories about these soon roaming the streets. Gunna start happening in 2014-2015. Why? Because when we leave Afganastan we will bring the tens of thouasands of MRAP's back and use them for training back in the states. So don't go all conspcipericey theory when you see them at your local National Guard or Reserve unit.
    :lol: BTW I can't spell

rizeld

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    this has all been discussed here to length already, the gateway information used in all these sources is the survival blog. The same source .... so they have "some" we don't know how many, anybody can make up what they want. Vehicles coming back from war have been re-sourced for many reasons and uses. I agree I distrust and dislike such a vehicle for "domestic" use but I am not certain the number "2700" quoted can be "independently" verified. If they have 12 as Andy claims I am not too concerned, if they get some 2,600+ more that would be terrifying but I need to see that from additional sources that cannot be traced back to the survival blog.

For my own curiousity why would you be terrified? They're just a vehicle. The Iraqis and Afganis make short work of them. I've seen it first hand. I agree the numbers stem from loose interpritation but there are thousands of them. And what are we considering "domestic" use. Your normal patrol officer? I think not. Your military forces? Ya that's what we use them for, and need to continue to train with them.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Thanks for sharing. Andy is good guy.

Really? He voted FOR the Patriot Act renewal! He rode the coattails of the TEA Party in 2009 and 2010 and got elected preaching the Constitution, now that he's elected he's trampling over the constitution just like the rest of them. He's an opportunist that will tell you what you want to hear.

Regardless of what they said. That is not correct. After much research. I have learned that Navistar build over 9000 for the military. Right now we have 2717 of those 9000 brought back to the states and retrofitted for DHS. THis is a FACT. Now whether or not 2700 MORE have been truly ordered or not is yet to be confirmed.

Therefore, there are currently over 2717+ of these somewhere in America ready for something .......

His numbers seemed off to me too, from articles I had read. Also Andy failed to mention the MRAPs have already actively been deployed on US soil. My friend went to the RNC and Paulfest in Florida last year and has pictures of the MRAPs deployed with tons of cops in riot gear as well.

SirMrManGuy

Feb 14, 2010
    Taupo NZ
    Really? He voted FOR the Patriot Act renewal! He rode the coattails of the TEA Party in 2009 and 2010 and got elected preaching the Constitution, now that he's elected he's trampling over the constitution just like the rest of them. He's an opportunist that will tell you what you want to hear.

His numbers seemed off to me too, from articles I had read. Also Andy failed to mention the MRAPs have already actively been deployed on US soil. My friend went to the RNC and Paulfest in Florida last year and has pictures of the MRAPs deployed with tons of cops in riot gear as well.

Yeah and all the other "articles" are just a series of blogs and have no credible source. Armored personell carriers have been owned by SWAT teams for years, not really any shocking news there, quite common to see them rolled out for riot control.

Trace the 2700 number back, it all starts with some random survival blog speculating about the use of MRAPs. Andy's numbers are close to the only credible sources I've found.

SirMrManGuy

Feb 14, 2010
    Taupo NZ

Yeah and all the other "articles" are just a series of blogs and have no credible source. Armored personell carriers have been owned by SWAT teams for years, not really any shocking news there, quite common to see them rolled out for riot control so ther ones at RNC may or may not have been DHS.

Trace the 2700 number back, it all starts with some random survival blog speculating about the use of MRAPs. Andy's numbers are close to the only credible sources I've found.

BeastmasterM4

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2011
    Baltimore County
    Yeah and all the other "articles" are just a series of blogs and have no credible source. Armored personell carriers have been owned by SWAT teams for years, not really any shocking news there, quite common to see them rolled out for riot control so ther ones at RNC may or may not have been DHS.

You can say what you want about his numbers being close but I read the defense contract on the .gov website showing otherwise sirmrmanguy. Oh and nice name. You must be a cool guy.

If you believe that their are only 12 MRAP vehicles in America where we have over 350 million people living here. You my friend need to wake up. In a lot of areas in life I can only imagine.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    All the meteors, the .gov buying all this stuff, the inability of us to find things we want, NASA saying stuff about "fund asteroid searches or you'll be sorry"...mmmm tinfoil hat time. I'll be over here stocking up on stuff if you need me >.>

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    I wear my tin foil hat proudly! :D

I know what our governements capable of. I put nothing past them, at any level.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    For my own curiousity why would you be terrified? They're just a vehicle. The Iraqis and Afganis make short work of them.

+1

Its just a vehicle and it doesn't take a whole lot to disable a wheeled vehicle if you've got the prerequisite two brain cells required to form a synapse.....if the wheels can't turn it becomes a very expensive ornament........

There are a whole lot more resources that could be improvised with in a developed country to disable a vehicle that weighs way over 10k lbs than they have in either of the 3rd world shitholes our troops are in.

Rather than enguaging in tin foil hattery I think we would all be better served by holding our elected officials feet to a hot fire.....the next election is coming up and I for one would like to see many of our elected officials be asked to explain some very embarrassing votes in a very public forum

rizeld

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    +1

Its just a vehicle and it doesn't take a whole lot to disable a wheeled vehicle if you've got the prerequisite two brain cells required to form a synapse.....if the wheels can't turn it becomes a very expensive ornament........

There are a whole lot more resources that could be improvised with in a developed country to disable a vehicle that weighs way over 10k lbs than they have in either of the 3rd world shitholes our troops are in.

Rather than enguaging in tin foil hattery I think we would all be better served by holding our elected officials feet to a hot fire.....the next election is coming up and I for one would like to see many of our elected officials be asked to explain some very embarrassing votes in a very public forum

THIS ^^^^^ :party29:

SirMrManGuy

Feb 14, 2010
    Taupo NZ
    You can say what you want about his numbers being close but I read the defense contract on the .gov website showing otherwise sirmrmanguy. Oh and nice name. You must be a cool guy.

If you believe that their are only 12 MRAP vehicles in America where we have over 350 million people living here. You my friend need to wake up. In a lot of areas in life I can only imagine.
    Actually I am pretty cool :D

Shoot me a link to the contract, I'd like to see it. (Not being contrary here, I spent sometime searching for something like that, I actually would like to see it)

We have plenty more than 12 in the US, as I was saying plenty owned by SWAT teams, just have only really seen numbers that say 12-17ish owned by DHS. As jpk said, its a wheeled vehicle, not terribly scary anyway. If they owned M1A2s with M256 120mm smoothbores, that might raise an eyebrow or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom