Details of NY gun laws - Will MD follow?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I didn't see the Thompson 1927A1 on there - maybe I am safe. Although I doubt you could get a sub 10 round magazine for it.

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    Wonder if on the ar's they are listing all manufactures of lowers which is registered? The one I ordered is made by code red which isn't on their list so hopefully should Maryland go the same way maybe sneak it in!

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    Wonder if on the ar's they are listing all manufactures of lowers which is registered? The one I ordered is made by code red which isn't on their list so hopefully should Maryland go the same way maybe sneak it in!

Nope, you have to read the paragraph preceeding the list. They got you here, "This list is intended only as a guide and is not meant to be an exclusive, exhaustive list as there may be additional weapons that will also meet the amended definition under the new law."

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    Oh ok I didn't even look up too I just got looking at the lists. Glad to see that they are not considering the 10/22 to be an assault rifle anymore though

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    It seems the VZ 58 flew right under the radar. Problem is, they only make 30 rounders for them.

You fail to understand, just because it's not yet on the list does not mean that it is uneffected by the ban. The VZ-58 takes a detachable magazine and has a bayonet mount, threaded barrel, muzzle break, and a pistol grip! Of which only one is required to ban it, even with 10 round magazines, which do exist for it!

It is BANNED!

Don't think the Ruger 10/22 is safe, only some configurations, MIGHT be legal and then with only 7 round magazines!

Mark

Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    the 7 rd capacity was a smart move on their part because they know other states will likely adopt a 10 rd limit not a 7rd limit. That means most people will be ok to own 10 rd mags so manufacturers will make 10 rd mags just like they did during the Clinton AWB - but they wont go through the trouble (expense) of tooling up and making 7 rd mags - which means more guns will not be able to be sold in NY as you simply won't be able to find a 7 rd mag made for them.:mad54:

kwaters4

Aug 14, 2012
    Fallston
    This whole thing is disgusting. Then again the founding fathers beat the British with muskets that only took one round at a time. I'm sure if Washington had another term he would have pushed for a ban to limit all that took over a half of a round...... The whole thing is a damn joke. I remember when people used to have pride because they lived in America..... Not any more.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    This whole thing is disgusting. Then again the founding fathers beat the British with muskets that only took one round at a time. I'm sure if Washington had another term he would have pushed for a ban to limit all that took over a half of a round...... The whole thing is a damn joke. I remember when people used to have pride because they lived in America..... Not any more.

Americans are too interested in having sex, getting high, and watching reality TV now to care about things like this anymore...

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Here's how it will go down in my opinion. The left knows that if there was an all out assult on guns at a Federal level then there is a good chance people would fight. Knowing that they will do it state by state, one at a time. Who from PA is going to run to NY to help them fight laws like this. If they went after guns all at once on a Federal level they wouldn't have the man power to fight us. State by state they do. The non-left states and their citizens will just shake thier heads but will not help in the fight because it don't affect them.
    Also if they did it at Fed level then law suites are just geared toward the Feds. Can the NRA, SAF and others afford major lawsuites in 20 or more states at the same time that will last for years? Hell no and the left knows it so this is the route they are taking. state by state incementally.

We are in for the fight of our lives folks, will you step up r step back and accept opression?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    The Militia Act of 1903 reorganization or Dick Act, also known as the Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654 , The militia encompasses every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45. All members of the unorganized militia have the absolute personal right and 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms of any type,

http://www.saf.org/LawReviews/Mullins1.htm

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The Militia Act of 1903 reorganization or Dick Act, also known as the Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654 , The militia encompasses every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and 45. All members of the unorganized militia have the absolute personal right and 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms of any type,

http://www.saf.org/LawReviews/Mullins1.htm

So what about the poor old geezers over 45? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom