• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I tried to change the hammer spring on my P30. Long story short, I took the hammer spring bearing apart and a bunch of parts flew out. I can't even find them on the exploded view diagram. Can anyone get on the phone with me for a few minutes and talk me through how this fits together? PLEASE HELP!

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    UPDATE: It turns out that the unexpected parts (including an odd medal ball) that came flying out are part of the pistols internal lockout mechanism. They are not pictured on the exploded diagram. That is very disappointing. HK should fix that. Anyway, I got it back together.

Sean415

Unrepentant HKholic
    May 28, 2013
    Pics would help. I think it's a simple fix. Souls like your hammer spring and internal lock out stuff just came apart. Usually happens when you take out the roll pin because its under so much pressure things tend to pop out pretty fast. Don't stress it as long ass you have all the parts that is ;)

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    It's not necessary in terms of the function of the gun, but I didn't realize what it was at first.

All is good now. I got it back together. Sorry, I'm not going to take it apart again for now, so no pics.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I've been warned by people far more knowledgeable than myself to never take apart an HK pistol beyond normal field stripping

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    The sear assembly looks ridiculous. I know enough not to try that. I changed out my main spring and safety plunger spring tonight. The DA and SA pulls both feel better. Other than the lockout assembly debacle, things went smoothly. I'm glad I did it.

jb1677

Jan 21, 2013
    I am picking up one soon, was told to bring or buy lock - I guess all don't have internal lock?

HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    If it's a new one it probably has a lock. The lock is in the mag well towards the bottom. It comes with a key for engaging it. Make sure you disengage more inserting a mag or it can break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom