• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Are there variances of the delta rings (say one for rifle length forends vs. carbines)? Also, the retaining ring on the front end of the forend, is that attached to the gasblock/front sight, or is it independent? The reason I ask is that I picked up a Magpul M-Lock front end for one rifle and I'm pulling off a delta ring setup from another to make it a free float and wanted to reuse the delta ring setup if I could. The only differences in the rifles are ones a carbine and the other is rifle length.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Are there variances of the delta rings (say one for rifle length forends vs. carbines)? Also, the retaining ring on the front end of the forend, is that attached to the gasblock/front sight, or is it independent? The reason I ask is that I picked up a Magpul M-Lock front end for one rifle and I'm pulling off a delta ring setup from another to make it a free float and wanted to reuse the delta ring setup if I could. The only differences in the rifles are ones a carbine and the other is rifle length.

No difference in delta ring, the only difference in the retaining ring is old style (triangular) and the new style (round). The new style is backwards compatible and is what you want for the M-Lok forend.

ETA: Crap forgot about the old flat style delta ring and the new style tapered ring. New style is also backwards compatible.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Being that there is only one retainer, I'm guessing you mean the part that is near the gas block, though you say not facing the muzzle. That's the triangular piece I've got.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Being that there is only one retainer, I'm guessing you mean the part that is near the gas block, though you say not facing the muzzle. That's the triangular piece I've got.

Yes that part, it has two sides, a side that faces the upper/handguard and a side closer to the muzzle, if you can post a picture of the side that faces the upper I can tell you if you have old or new style.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    Enpdr7f.jpg

Pretty sure it's the old style...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member