• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Well to be somewhat fair, Pat McDonogh told me the same thing that there would be some gun control legislation passed.

Who is Mcdonogh in district 29?

We have Woods, Odonell, and Bohanon.

Bohanon works for Steny Hoyer, the number 2 or 3 on the national level politician for the democrats.

We need to turn Bohanon hard, this wish-washy BS got to go.

USNRol

Armed Citizen
    Feb 15, 2013
    Leonardtown
    Has anyone taken Bohanon's pulse lately?

Myself and and about 6 others sat with him for about 30 minutes in his conference room in Annapolis on March 5th. It was my first read on his position and I came away feeling like we had been trying to bait hooks with live eels the whole time. He did play the "I'm a country boy and I grew up with guns" card and tried to comfort us by saying he didn't feel banning >10 round "Clips" would do any good. I also remember hearing him say he wouldn't vote yes unless he could be shown how the legislation would actually improve safety. Leaves me hopeful since all reliable and credible data points to the fact these bills will do nothing.

I plan on getting him an NRA membership at his Annapolis office with a subscription to America's First Freedom.

Calls, letters and other correspondence to his office would certainly be useful since he seems so slippery on guns. One could tell he aspires to go places in politics.:sad20:

USNRol

sfchoffman

Full Battle Rattle
    Feb 18, 2013
    What kills me about thier attitude is, something will pass...Hell there has been so much compromise in the past, look where it has gotten us...Thats the beauty of rights, you can elect to use them or not. We don't ridicule people who make the decision not to own guns! So don't restrict my rights because I do ! The 2A is the most restricted right we have already !

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Personally, I wish you'd reconsider the NRA membership. You mentioned it in the meeting and he declined the offer. Simply, he may not want an NRA membership and pushing one on him could be offensive...which we certainly don't need.
    Food for thought.

Myself and and about 6 others sat with him for about 30 minutes in his conference room in Annapolis on March 5th. It was my first read on his position and I came away feeling like we had been trying to bait hooks with live eels the whole time. He did play the "I'm a country boy and I grew up with guns" card and tried to comfort us by saying he didn't feel banning >10 round "Clips" would do any good. I also remember hearing him say he wouldn't vote yes unless he could be shown how the legislation would actually improve safety. Leaves me hopeful since all reliable and credible data points to the fact these bills will do nothing.

I plan on getting him an NRA membership at his Annapolis office with a subscription to America's First Freedom.
    Calls, letters and other correspondence to his office would certainly be useful since he seems so slippery on guns. One could tell he aspires to go places in politics.:sad20:

USNRol

USNRol

Armed Citizen
    Feb 15, 2013
    Leonardtown
    Personally, I wish you'd reconsider the NRA membership. You mentioned it in the meeting and he declined the offer. Simply, he may not want an NRA membership and pushing one on him could be offensive...which we certainly don't need.
    Food for thought.

Politicians are not easily offended by free things in my experience. I don't believe a gift membership which stands only to make him better informed in a topic of immense importance to the thousands of voters clogging the halls in Annapolis, is likely to generate any kind of political retribution. I've corresponded with him subsequently and accept full responsibility as an individual representing myself.

Perhaps someone will get him an MSI membership at some point; both organizations have earned deserved reputations as no-nonsense, stallwarts of 2A rights in Maryland, and who knows - Bohanan may be just the kind of fence sitting power broker to help make Shall Issue a reality in Maryland.

USNRol

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Quite frankly, Bohanan is just pushing the party line by making statements like that. Once again he proves that he is no friend to us. I am not willing to compromise on 281 or anything like it. Remind him that we, as Marylanders, have compromised before (7-day wait, 20round mags, etc) and where has that gotten us?

The government will give us nothing. They have nothing to give, they only take. Well, I am tired of them taking and have had enough of it. No compromise from me.

^^^^^
    This

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Bohanan to support concealed carry or any other pro 2A issue. I was the one setting up meetings with Bohanan at his District office. He has backed away from my requests lately and if you folks want to get face to face with him you need to contact him personally to set up your meeting. He is definately spouting the party line and is riding the fence by not taking a public stand. I know he is feeling the pressure and now is not the time for District 29B folks to back off. My feeling is regardless of what the final outcome is or how he votes, we in 29B need to rally together and vote this Steny cloned career politician out of office.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    JohnB may very well vote "No" if and when the bill comes up for a vote. But, as we told him face-to-face, that is simply not good-enough for us this time around.

He will only vote no if he gets permission from the legislative leadership -- and that permission will only be forthcoming if they are confident that they already have more than enough votes to pass it without JohnB's support.

We told him up-front that a no vote is inadequate. That we want and need him to speak out on this issue now, in an attempt to influence other delegates. This request clearly made him very uncomfortable -- he said that he "...didn't know if he could do that". His subsequent inaction makes his ultimate decision quite clear.

It is truly sad that, although he WAS born and bred in St. Mary's county, he has hitched his political career to Steny. We need to remind him of who it is that he works for. Does he for Miller, Busch, O'Malley, and Hoyer? Or does he work for the people of St. Mary's county?

There is only one way to effectively remind him of who he really works for. That is to show him that the citizens of District 29A can remove him from the House of Delegates at our next opportunity.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Who wants to be my campaign treasurer? We probably won't have any campaign funds to speak of.

I am about ready to switch party and run against Bohanon in the primary! As retribution for not supportting his constituents before party politics.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I visited his office on 3/5 as well. I was unable to find him. I talked with his support staff that said he had no position yet. I saw him downstairs and tried to get his attention. He knows me, but had this determined look on his face like a New Yorker walking to the subway.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Who wants to be my campaign treasurer? We probably won't have any campaign funds to speak of.

I am about ready to switch party and run against Bohanon in the primary! As retribution for not supportting his constituents before party politics.

I'll start going door to door for you.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    LAST Chance for JohnB to Speak Out LOUDLY and Stand-Up with Us

From NRA-ILA:

URGENT: House Vote on Governor’s Gun Control Bill Imminent – More Restrictive Amendments Being Considered

Contact Your State Delegates IMMEDIATELY!

Right now in Annapolis, state legislators are considering amendments to Senate Bill 281, Governor Martin O’Malley’s deceptive and far-reaching attacks on your right to self-defense. Time is of the essence: a vote could occur at any time and the list of horrible anti-gun amendments is long. Call your state Delegate or Delegates immediately and urge them to stand strong and oppose SB 281, and all anti-gun amendments.

With the 2014 elections next year, it is important to keep in mind that a vote in support of an amendment that bans “only” specific guns by name or model, or an amendment that bases your ability to defend yourself on whether or not your firearm has purely superficial features is still a gross overreach of power and an infringement on our fundamental rights. There is no room for compromise. Residents of Maryland deserve legislators who would rather stand up for the essential liberties and fundamental rights of their constituents than be a puppet of the anti-gun Governor.

This could be your last chance. Call your state legislators NOW. Urge them to oppose Senate Bill 281, its companion House Bill 294, and any anti-gun amendments or legislation that hinders a law-abiding citizen’s right to self-defense. Contact information can be found here.

bn_bullet

Nov 15, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    John Bohanan can be reached at (410) 841-3227.

I called at 9:30pm tonight and surprisingly Mr. Bohanan himself answered. He thanked me for my call and is obviously feeling the pressure.

CALL NOW and MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County

I'm in:thumbsup: dirtbag has to go.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    John nearly ran into the chamber this morning when we were up there for our "silent protest." I was near the door of the chamber, looked up and said "Hi John" when he got to me, but he kept eyes front and went inside. I guess that's because his staffer tells people on the phone that he has "no position" on the gun bills.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    PS: A delegate informed us that Johnny Bo voted FOR the gas tax "by mistake." Reportedly, he hit the wrong button "by mistake" and the speaker closed the board before he could take it back. Many members of the house were up in arms about the way the speaker ran the gas tax vote.

Congratulations: you'll pay at the pump for John's fickle finger.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    PS: A delegate informed us that Johnny Bo voted FOR the gas tax "by mistake." Reportedly, he hit the wrong button "by mistake" and the speaker closed the board before he could take it back. Many members of the house were up in arms about the way the speaker ran the gas tax vote.

Congratulations: you'll pay at the pump for John's fickle finger.

Yep -- he gave us "the finger" on the gas tax and he'll give us the finger on 2A issues as well.

Well, just as he can punish the voters of his district by voting in Annapolis in March of 2013, we can return the favor by voting in St. Mary's county in 2014.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Just got off the phone with Bohanans aid. She stated that he would vote against 281.
    Vote pandering? You make the call. I let it be known that he did not win last election by a large margin. If illigals don't need fingerprinted to drive,(a privilege), then we as citizens should not be required to be fingerprinted to exercise a right.
    BURN UP THE PHONES BOYS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom