• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 24, 2013
    Pasadena
    If anyone is interested, please see my recent post "SB 281 Referendum or not"

I know this will not sit well with some, and others will understand. I believe that it is not our right to put to simple majority vote, a fundamental and UNALIENABLE right. I believe that it is the wrong approach. Unalienable means can not be taken away- what are we saying when we put this up to majority rule? America is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC, not a democracy as some believe.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I know this will not sit well with some, and others will understand. I believe that it is not our right to put to simple majority vote, a fundamental and UNALIENABLE right. I believe that it is the wrong approach. Unalienable means can not be taken away- what are we saying when we put this up to majority rule? America is a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC, not a democracy as some believe.

Thank you for your input and decision on the matter Delegate.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

Thank you for your efforts and your comprehension of our Constitution.:party29:

Any chance you can run some refresher courses for some of your fellow lawmakers?:o

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

I can't agree more with him. I would not want an 2A issue, or any constitutional issue on a ballet in the most 2A supporting RED state in the US. never mind this stupid BLUE state.

If any constitutional issues is ever on a ballet, your asking voters to let you know if we should follow the constitution any longer. Arguing in court about things like what the words really mean is one thing. Voting if the constitution matters any longer is very much another.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Delegate Dwyer,

I am always humbled by your honesty and patriotism.

Thank you for fighting the intelligent fight.

Mr H

Banana'd

Thank you for validating what many of us have been saying all along.

See you at the BBQ!

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    I wish the rest of our political leaders were like you!

see you at the bbq and I ordered a bunch of raffle tickets!

thank you for your service

cougar70

Jan 15, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    It is always so easy to choose the the easier expected pathway and it is refreshing to be shown a better more proper pathway.

After all, if we allow this God given Constitutional Right to be lessened or taken away by any kind of voting, which will be the next Right to be abridged or taken away?
    Brian

----------------------------------------

That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms…
    – Samuel Adams, in “Phila. Independent Gazetteer”, August 20, 1789

rotag

Mar 9, 2012
    pasadena

I agree 100%, it should be heard by the court, not referendum.

wesser1

Dec 19, 2012
    Havre de Grace
    Delegate Dwyer, I fully support you 100% on this. I have been saying all along that referendum is not the way to go. We might take votes on privileges, but we cannot take votes on rights! Thanks for continuing to fight the good fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom