• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Courts have previously ruled that the 2nd amendment covers commonly used firearms. AR-15s and the like are commonly used firearms, therefore the people have the right to attain them.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    The violence of action for non-police officers is usually more intense because the victim is at the mercy of the criminal as to the time and place which a crime takes place. The police use the same tactics (time and place) when apprehending criminals and usually with multiple officers.

If anything the citizens have more of a need for high standard capacity magazines and semi-auto firearms than the police.

YMMV

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Where did you come up with it?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    No, because we are part of the militia we need arms suitable for military service. So if not M16/M4s, then certainly AR-15s with 30-round standard magazines.

I am glad Dwyer is introducing this and will be writing reps in order to support it. And since firearms are now not considered defensive weapons LEO should have to prove they have a "good and substantial reason" like the rest of us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Your going about this all wrong. While I understand the message and think it makes a valid point, your falling into the trap.

Obtaining a CCW permit for me would be easy as hell due to my documented experience. Instead of agreeing with this it should be fought tooth and nail......like all the other erroneous bills.

In the last three weeks I've had two guns pointed at me....one went boom 7 times and instead of fighting for all rights your agreeting with crap legislation? Your better than that sir we both know that. I saw your previous thread and admired your commitment, but as soon as police are mentioned you drop your guard on the words of one man that doesn't represent any real street cop.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Your going about this all wrong. While I understand the message and think it makes a valid point, your falling into the trap.

Obtaining a CCW permit for me would be easy as hell due to my documented experience. Instead of agreeing with this it should be fought tooth and nail......like all the other erroneous bills.

In the last three weeks I've had two guns pointed at me....one went boom 7 times and instead of fighting for all rights your agreeting with crap legislation? Your better than that sir we both know that. I saw your previous thread and admired your commitment, but as soon as police are mentioned you drop your guard on the words of one man that doesn't represent any real street cop.

I'm sorry man, I was half joking, and I don't really mean that. It's hard to sense sarcasm thru a screen.

I don't really think LEO should go through all that, it's why you went thru the academy. I was mainly basing my sarcastic comment on that ******* chief out in commiefornia who said "defensive use of firearms is a myth, they're only used to threaten and intimidate".

I don't think you should be running around like bobbis in the UK, with nothing but a billy club and a stupid hat.

This whole issue is getting ****ing ridiculous, to put it simply.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm sorry man, I was half joking, and I don't really mean that. It's hard to sense sarcasm thru a screen.

I don't really think LEO should go through all that, it's why you went thru the academy. I was mainly basing my sarcastic comment on that ******* chief out in commiefornia who said "defensive use of firearms is a myth, they're only used to threaten and intimidate".

I don't think you should be running around like bobbis in the UK, with nothing but a billy club and a stupid hat.

This whole issue is getting ****ing ridiculous, to put it simply.

Agreed

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Whoever thinks this is anti-cop safety, etc, I don't think the sponsor has any illusions about this actually passing. I think it's more of a statement that our 2A rights shouldn't be infringed in this manner. I don't want cops to have to go out and do their jobs with reduced capacity weapons.

It will go no where, but I like it.

Yep.

I'm imagining SWAT gearing up and pulling bolt-action hunting rifles off a gun rack. I am amused.

Haha, I was thinking that too.

"Hey Bill we got our new service weapons in!"

"Great, open up the crate and let's check out the new hardware!"

"Bill...what does this packing slip say? What is a Mosin Nagant? I bet it's awesome."

:lol2:

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    This forces anyone in opposition to this bill to cite reasons WHY police would need these tools. Any argument they present has equal application to the need of law-abiding citizens for these tools of defense. If politicians wish to continue to push gun infringement without opposing this bill, it forces them to disarm LEO's...which is pretty damned unlikely to be a popular sentiment.

This is the real golden nugget in this proposed law.;)

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Most of the country's SWAT teams are now basically paramiltary units with all the over kill toys they bought with DHS funds. Little bohonk sheriff's dept's are now running around with tanks or anti personnel vehiicles bought with our dollars.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agreed it is a tough and fiery issue and a lot of police officers are being put in a bad position all around. Trust me when I say that seeing some of our higher ups in our departments advocate for strict gun control "on behalf of all of the officers of______ Police Department" and using our safety as an excuse and bargaining chips infuriates a lot of us. It's a catch 22 because speaking out publicly on the issue against our departments wishes can cost us our livelihood. I'm a big believer in shall issue and the second amendments as it is intended. i know what Dwyer is trying to do but this bill has unintended consequences and these liberals in Annapolis just might pass it to take even more gun rights away.

He's pointing out the stupidity of the bill as it applies to non-LEO citizens. The .gov has determined through deep thought and exhaustive research that 10 rounds is more than enough to neutralize any threat. Since the police and the people they serve and protect (but not really protect, because the courts have established they are not obligated to do that) encounter the same criminals, it should be enough for the police, too. If you need to make the argument that the police need more rounds than non-LEO citizens, then you are making the argument that the mag limits are not a good thing.

Futher, Delegate Dwyer is a dog lover. He knows that when LEOs have extra rounds, they tend to use them on people's pets. (just kidding)

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    I see the bill as an legitimate attempt to demonstrate the value and importance of the very items that that antis are attempting to ban.

The "evil black rifles and large mags" that the antis say have no place in civilized society will be defended by those same people as "necessary" to maintain a civilized society.

Good on you, Delegate Dwyer. This bill shifts the usual negativity of the gun issue to one of lawmakers having to positively defend why guns are good. Clever.

Vikingpwr67

Jan 28, 2013
    Baltimore
    Lol this is the most idiotic bill I have ever seen in my life. Put this guy in a fire fight with a pen knife and see how that works out for him.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Lol this is the most idiotic bill I have ever seen in my life. Put this guy in a fire fight with a pen knife and see how that works out for him.

No more idiotic than what Frosh is putting forward.

Dwyer knows it doesn't have a chance in hell of passing. But it'll generate some thought and debate in Annapolis that will carry over to the anti-gun bills.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    And to think, I can remember when HCPD were limited to 6 shot .38 special revolvers. The big debate was about the officers being allowed to carry Mod. 19 S&W's because they could use .357 mag instead of .38 spl.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Not much thought for the police officer who has to risk his life against a criminal who will not follow laws and use any weapon they choose. Don't put officer's lives a risk just to make a statement. This is bill is just as stupid as the ones trying to restrict gun ownership.

The point exactly - firearms that will not protect the police will not protect the law abiding. The goal here is not to bring down the options offered to the police, but to increase the options offered to Citizens of the State.

Of course I believe that the police should be limited in their choice of firearms, to a reasonable degree. Select fire shotguns are not needed by the police.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    What pisses me off about this entire bill is that Del. Dwyer is doing the same thing as our wonderful president is doing. He's trying to make people look at the police as enemies against the 2A. If you ever stopped scowling and cussing an officer under your breath and took the time to actually talk to him about 2A rights i'd be willing to bet you would be surprised with their outlook on it.

Your missing the point of the bill, it is not designed to be restrictive to the police, it is designed to be permissive the the Citizens.

You are already trapped in a agressive gun control mind - think.

Free your mind, so the NRA robo-calls can get through to your brain.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I really need to learn to have some patience with the people who didn't quite "get it" when Dwyer posted this on his Facebook. Man, they were pissing me off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom