• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I hope you’re right but it sure doesn’t seem that way, at least for Maryland. And, CA, NJ, NY, MA...

Three words: buy more ammo.

Years ago, I needed some shotgun ammo and overheard a couple discussing ammo at the store. Woman says, "You should get more XYZ." Man says, "We already have plenty of XYZ." Woman then says, "You can never have too much ammo."

Whether it is ammo or reloading components, they will be invaluable if the 4th box must be opened. Otherwise, they'll supply your training and hobby until it becomes your survival.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Question is when will Maryland gun owners put a stop to this? Holding up stupid signs and yelling in small numbers only makes a mockery of the gun community. This has gone on too far enough.

Soon you will have an ammunition license requirement bill, gun insurance bill, can only buy 50 rounds of ammunition per month bill, yearly police checkup on your guns bill (like they do in Japan), when does this stop? You already have legalized gun-confiscation aka "red flag" and ERPO.

My friend in Maryland use to tell me people would stand up when they ban guns, then MD banned guns and mags (SB281), then he said they will stand up when they come to confiscate guns, now MD has legalized gun confiscation.

Wow just found out Oregon actually has a bill proposed to do exactly what I just randomly thought of. Actually limit the amount of ammo you can buy per month. The Oregon bill proposed would allow you to only buy 20 rounds of ammunition per month and mag size to 5 rounds and require a permit prior to purchasing or possessing a firearm.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/01/1...agazines-to-5-rds-ration-ammo-to-20-rds-month

This is unbelievable, these politicians need to be confronted.

I mean look at the organized left, for as much as we despise them they had some screeching b1tch stop Sen. Jeff Flake in the elevator which ended up DELAYING the Senate committee vote on Justice Kavanaugh.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Again, what do you propose? The Dems have a veto-proof majority in the GA. What do we threaten them with? What leverage do we have?

You need to make these politicians afraid of you, fear is your leverage. They propose these bills because they are not scared of you, they know you will make some noise, shut up, and just get use to it and stop complaining, and now you are primed for the next gun control, wash rinse and repeat.

After being in Maryland for so long, I am now adjusting to American freedom in North Carolina and let me tell you it's true there is some conditioning you have to snap out of. I know what its like being behind "battle lines."

I've seen people here openly confront any stupid politician that try this stupid stuff. You should see how people talk on the NC and SC gun forums about politicians and their agents, a lot of them are absolutely not scared to put these politicians in their place. If there was even a real chance of a Red Flag law being passed in Raleigh, you'd probably have 50,000+ people show up and shut down the capitol.

When people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is freedom.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    If every gun owner in Maryland agreed to put up $1,000 one election year, we could literally BUY every democrat in the GA..

Not only would this nonsense stop, but we’d also get carry, and probably a bunch of other bills that would take us all the way back to the 80’s in terms of freedoms.

Money can fix this. And $200 million dollars in campaign funding in state elections is too big to say no to.

We could literally OWN them, if we were willing to commit to it. $1,000 a person is insignificant compared to what it could buy us as a group.

But we are notoriously cheap. And that is our undoing. People will spend $1,500 or more on a rifle, but won’t spend less than that to buy a politician. And unless everyone does it, in a coordinated fashion, it’s a waste.

We COULD do this. But we’re too cheap.

I guess it’s really not that important to us afterall.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If every gun owner in Maryland agreed to put up $1,000 one election year, we could literally BUY every democrat in the GA..

Not only would this nonsense stop, but we’d also get carry, and probably a bunch of other bills that would take us all the way back to the 80’s in terms of freedoms.

Money can fix this. And $200 million dollars in campaign funding in state elections is too big to say no to.

We could literally OWN them, if we were willing to commit to it. $1,000 a person is insignificant compared to what it could buy us as a group.

But we are notoriously cheap. And that is our undoing. People will spend $1,500 or more on a rifle, but won’t spend less than that to buy a politician. And unless everyone does it, in a coordinated fashion, it’s a waste.

BINGO

we couldn’t get everyone here to donate a dollar for anything much less every gun owner in md to donate a grand.

That’s the problem with the nra and any other 2a groups, funding.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

BINGO

we couldn’t get everyone here to donate a dollar for anything much less every gun owner in md to donate a grand.

That’s the problem with the nra and any other 2a groups, funding.

I'll bite. Which of you is going to start the PAC? I'll kick in my grand when there is a clear plan of action and I know it won't be wasted. I think there are those on the board who know that I have a history of putting my money where my mouth is.

Not taking shots or knocking the idea... just get a little tired of hearing that the problem is the fault of those doing something because we aren't doing enough. If there is an effective place to park the money and we want to raise the challenge, I'm in. Maybe MSI is the place... I don't know... would like to hear their thoughts.

And as for "buying politicians"... let's find a better term. I find that distasteful no matter if on the right or the left.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I'll bite. Which of you is going to start the PAC? I'll kick in my grand when there is a clear plan of action and I know it won't be wasted. I think there are those on the board who know that I have a history of putting my money where my mouth is.

Not taking shots or knocking the idea... just get a little tired of hearing that the problem is the fault of those doing something because we aren't doing enough. If there is an effective place to park the money and we want to raise the challenge, I'm in. Maybe MSI is the place... I don't know... would like to hear their thoughts.

And as for "buying politicians"... let's find a better term. I find that distasteful no matter if on the right or the left.

If I new of a TRUSTED organization I would donate today, right now, myself. But alas I don’t know of that organization, I donated more than a grand to legislators and 2a groups every year for as long as I remember, but me, nope, no one wants me holding anyone’s money.

But money is the problem without the shadow of a doubt. And getting money out of most gun owners ain’t gonna happen period. That’s why every 2a group is crying for funding and every politician is for sale. It’s just that simple.

Folks here won’t even be able to agree on that. They will just bitch about someone saying it.

How about every gun owner donate 1k to msi or $500 to msi and $500 to the nra ( or your preferred 2a . .Org) today?

$1000 to whichever md rep is the best 2a champion in md or the best republican to run next time for Governor??

Shit we can’t get a majority of gun owners to donate to squat

We couldn’t get a majority on here to donate to rack when he was arrested

Money is the problem, with the right amount of money anything can be fixed

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    My view here might not be popular and I mean no disrespect personally to any who donate money or write letters and make calls.

Why is the solution to give more money to politicians and lobbyists? when you do that, the other side does the same and it ends up ultimately giving the politicians more money and more voice. If gov has not forcibly taken enough money through taxes already, now we are talking about giving even more money that ultimately goes toward politicians. That is now how it is supposed to work.

Not supposed to work > pay taxes, then, the side who donates more money to their side gets what they want. If that were the case, I bet we could donate to have government waste reduced and stop the spending at a rate higher than can be paid back, reduce handouts to make people to get off of the system as opposed to staying on it. I'll donate if my donated money can affect that change. Put me down for 10k

Unfortunately, we are not the majority anymore. Not in America. The media and the schools have "the majority" of the people willing to be infringed upon for "the greater good".
    The media controls the narrative. You can't donate money to have the media that shapes the opinions of the majority changed. Fortunately the last time they tried to shape opinion with the maga hat kid in DC and the stolen valor guy beating a drum the media got busted. But look how they shape opinion, it's real. This is only an example of what got busted. How many stories that shape minds that are "fake news" don't get busted?

Great example. I'm a fan of 2a, but if not for this forum, I would have missed that Great MSI article that was posted up that I read just this morning.

I posted in another thread:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=5456846#post5456846
    post 38

Trust me when I say I understand about how the 4 boxes work.
    The soapbox
    The ballot box
    The jury box
    The cartridge box

There is a 5th box. Its.the money box.

But I think people forget about the money box. The money box is what I think people overlook.

I called it the 5th box, it's really box 3.5

Let's make an example of this.
    The money box.
    Dicks sporting goods
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...oods-ramps-up-gun-control-push-hires-lobbyist
    Looks who's website it's on.
    How many here have bought anything from dicks since this took off? I'm embarrassed to admit, I'm guilty. I'm going to change that from this point on though. But we need more to work at it.
    There is not enough organization and solidarity on our part. We don't have mainstream media to get a message out for our cause.

Bottom line, giving money into the game you don't want to play only makes the game bigger. The players are after money and power.
    LaPierre makes how much a year?
    Don't get me wrong, I like making as much as I can, I'm a business guy. I'm just saying that some of the players in the game would not play if they did not make the salary they make. I point this out because they are more about the money than the cause. Would LaPierre work for 80k a year or would he find something else that paid more? The guy who would work that job and fight making 80k a year, that's the guy you want, give him a bigger salary, sure, no problem with that. Just sayin.

I don't know the answer, I just know that donating money, writing letters and calling politicians doesn't seem to be changing anything.

I'm not downing anyone who has in fact donated money for years, I'm just saying that looking at it from where I stand, I get pissed knowing that the money is donated and the letters are written and calls made and the infringements keep coming.

Maybe once they ban everything they will cut down on the amount of taxes they decide to take and allow you to keep more of your hard earned dollars in your pockets.

They don't need to confiscate anything. That is dangerous and would incite fighting and force people to take sides.

But, If they ban things little by little and we have no solidarity, and people get caught one by one by one and generation after generation comes along.

I mean, how many of you would give your kids your stash of guns knowing that they are going to go to prison for life if they ever get caught with it? It's kind of like the country's debt, but we have control over it. Let me explain. The debt that gets run up is passed along to our children and their children and it's a tax burden that is never ending used to pay for things that we might not support. We as individuals don't want to pass that burden, but we have no choice.

With our stash of "illegal banned weapons" we have a choice. We have the choice to pass them along to our kids and risk them getting caught and going to prison for life on multiple felony counts. Many on here even many who are very very pro 2a would not want their kids to have that risk so the guns would not get passed along. This furthers the Americans from guns adn the freedom that 2a provides to us.

I know it was a bit of a rant, but FFS I never thought that this country would go the way of the social justice warrior like it has to the point that it infringes on anyone they oppose and they get away with it.

I debated on hitting delete once this was typed up but figured i'd hit post instead. (how many of you guys do that from time to time)
    Thanks for reading (or not reading) my rant.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You need to make these politicians afraid of you, fear is your leverage. They propose these bills because they are not scared of you, they know you will make some noise, shut up, and just get use to it and stop complaining, and now you are primed for the next gun control, wash rinse and repeat.

After being in Maryland for so long, I am now adjusting to American freedom in North Carolina and let me tell you it's true there is some conditioning you have to snap out of. I know what its like being behind "battle lines."

I've seen people here openly confront any stupid politician that try this stupid stuff. You should see how people talk on the NC and SC gun forums about politicians and their agents, a lot of them are absolutely not scared to put these politicians in their place. If there was even a real chance of a Red Flag law being passed in Raleigh, you'd probably have 50,000+ people show up and shut down the capitol.

When people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is freedom.

Again, what’s your plan? You have no PLAN!!!

We can’t get people to show up in Annapolis on gun bill days. It’s always the same faces.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

We can’t get people to show up in Annapolis on gun bill days. It’s always the same faces.

There is NO short term plan that is going to provide instant gratification. It is kind of like the gun control game that is being played. They are whittling away at us little by little. Death by 1,000,000 cuts is what they are doing.

That is essentially what we need to do. We need to get more and more people involved in the shooting sports and involved in home/self defense. Short of a complete catastrophe that reduces government to pretty much nothing, the only way gun control goes away is by slowly getting more and more people involved in this.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville

I think that mentality is part of the problem. Take the tea party - there was no plan, not one single organization, it was a group of people that spontaneously started doing something because they were all finally pissed off enough to show up. Or more local, patriot picket.

There seems to be too much of a group mentality in the 2A community - this thought that NRA, GOA, MSI, someone - anyone - needs to be helming a movement. And, at times, it seems like those that do helm the movement jealously guard their position.

You aren't going to get gun owners as a group to get more aggressive in their push than the NRA. But you can get individual gun owners to take up your cause. If someone wants to make a push for a position that you support, don't discourage them because they don't have infrastructure. Death by a thousand paper cuts works both ways.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

A friend was working MSI booth at a gun show. Prospect walks by with just such a rifle. Couldnt spare $20 to help make that he'd continue to be able to own it.....

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think that mentality is part of the problem. Take the tea party - there was no plan, not one single organization, it was a group of people that spontaneously started doing something because they were all finally pissed off enough to show up. Or more local, patriot picket.

There seems to be too much of a group mentality in the 2A community - this thought that NRA, GOA, MSI, someone - anyone - needs to be helming a movement. And, at times, it seems like those that do helm the movement jealously guard their position.

You aren't going to get gun owners as a group to get more aggressive in their push than the NRA. But you can get individual gun owners to take up your cause. If someone wants to make a push for a position that you support, don't discourage them because they don't have infrastructure. Death by a thousand paper cuts works both ways.

I show up. I try to get other people to show up. A lot of us do. Maryland has always had a problem with turn out. The libs in the GA have a big majority, and there is no perceived threat to that.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County

So...

How much will each gun owner need to pony up to "own every Democrat" on Federal side?

MD is only part of the problem.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    A friend was working MSI booth at a gun show. Prospect walks by with just such a rifle. Couldnt spare $20 to help make that he'd continue to be able to own it.....

Yet, you have absolutely no idea if he donated $10,000 to NRA and/or 2AF earlier in the year. Your friend, and now you, judge the person based upon a mere second in time, with absolutely no idea what, if anything, that person has done to support the 2nd Amendment.

Stop worrying about what others have done for the 2nd Amendment today. Worry about what you can do for the 2nd Amendment today. "Constitution" also works in place of "2nd Amendment" in that preceding sentence.

Also, maybe the gentleman in question with the rifle does not agree with MSI's methodology.

I'm a NRA Benefactor member, are you? If you aren't, does that mean I did more for the 2nd Amendment than you? Amazon contributes a portion of what I spend there to the NRA or 2AF depending on how I feel about the organization. So far, I have contributed $131 to the NRA through Amazon.

Yada, Yada, Yada. Too much complaining, not enough doing.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC

Exactly right, these guys want some organized plan. Honestly just go find those politicians and deal with them. Maybe have tens of thousands of people (the more the merrier) show up open carrying long guns in Annapolis--former MD AG Doug Gansler said open carrying rifles is legal in MD right? So exercise that right. Even the rights you people do have you're too scared to exercise (I get why) but collectively make a stand.

As for money, you will never be able to outspend Bloomberg. Trying to buy Democrats is not a viable option, they hate guns, money isn't going to change that. Many of them are also quite affluent people.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    ...show up open carrying long guns in Annapolis--former MD AG Doug Gansler said open carrying rifles is legal in MD right? ...

You are a funny guy.

You probably won't be arrested for open carry, per se, but you will be arrested for something else (and depending on the nerves of the responding officers, maybe worse, if you take longer than 2 nanoseconds to comply with their orders to drop).

Open carry is an option some places, but here it very well may get you killed. Not advisable.

And carry of weapons during anything that resembles a protest is explicitly illegal, to boot.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    You are a funny guy.

You probably won't be arrested for open carry, per se, but you will be arrested for something else (and depending on the nerves of the responding officers, maybe worse, if you take longer than 2 nanoseconds to comply with their orders to drop).

Open carry is an option some places, but here it very well may get you killed. Not advisable.

And carry of weapons during anything that resembles a protest is explicitly illegal, to boot.

Yeah they're going to arrest all 30, 40, 50, 60, 70,000 people...

A Ravens game at full has 70,000 people show up. Have to get people to show up for their Second Amendment. Even fellow gun owners from VA, PA, NC, WV would show up in support for their fellow gun owners in Maryland in a massive rally.

Yeah ok whatever. I know what I would do in that situation. You are still thinking like a good subject. I got news for you, if you're 70,000 man strong, officers aren't doing shit. Just look at what happened in Nevada.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom