• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Are you under investigation for anything?

OPM investigations count, so if you're having an SSBI, ANACI, NACI, PPR, or SSBI-PR (hope you don't have a SSBI-PR going on) you'll get either a "wait" or a "delay" return from NICS.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Who did you buy it from?
    I only saw one at the show, and the dealer with it told me he had to buy it retail, so I didn't even ask the price.

walstib

Jul 4, 2010
    havre de grace
    there were 3 right front 369, center 389,left rear 379 the one for 369 was gone by 10:30 i spent an hour working the price on the 379 they were a gun shop on the coast. i;m a collector have bought 5 bor 6 over the last couple of years and never had a problem. as far as i know i'm not under investigation for any reason.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    there were 3 right front 369, center 389,left rear 379 the one for 369 was gone by 10:30 i spent an hour working the price on the 379 they were a gun shop on the coast. i;m a collector have bought 5 bor 6 over the last couple of years and never had a problem. as far as i know i'm not under investigation for any reason.

I hope your paperwork gets back quickly for ya! :thumbsup:
    And am looking at that blue 10/22 take down for my son .

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Did you have to get clearance to go on a military base or other sensitive area?
    I assume this is a general question, so a general reply.

In most cases, one does not need a clearance to merely access a military base, just a valid reason for being on the post. There are exceptions to this, but it works as a general rule.

There are areas on most bases that will require a clearance, or multiple levels of clearances, for further access. Some of those will merely be offices within a building; some may be entire buildings, some may be entire sub-campuses within the main post (think NSA on Fort Meade, or the launch complexes at Cape Canaveral).

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I recently got "Delayed" buying a Savage 111 from Dicks. Been 5 days now, still no response. I just got my Collectors Status two weeks ago. :mad54:

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    It's probably because of the backup from all the handgun permit apps that are in the works. :D
    I called NICS and talked to a lady (who was useless) and that's pretty much what she said, altho she didn't know for sure. Just said backlog.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I assume this is a general question, so a general reply.

In most cases, one does not need a clearance to merely access a military base, just a valid reason for being on the post. There are exceptions to this, but it works as a general rule.

There are areas on most bases that will require a clearance, or multiple levels of clearances, for further access. Some of those will merely be offices within a building; some may be entire buildings, some may be entire sub-campuses within the main post (think NSA on Fort Meade, or the launch complexes at Cape Canaveral).

or photo id.. the wife learned the hard way.. she have to drive back home since she forgot her id. and of course she blames me because i put my jacket on top of her bag. go figures.. :rolleyes:

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I knew someone who got delayed for a long arm and a few days later it came back okay. Better start buying your guns in the woods just in case! Lol.

RustyGunner

Sep 12, 2012
    Just means the NICS examiner saw something he wanted clarified, you'll be delayed until they get an answer. The shop can legally sell the gun to you after a few days, although many stores have a "no sale without a "proceed" response" policy, and if the delay lasts more than 30 days you need a new NICS check anyway.

Since your personal data is flushed from the transaction record 24 hours (IIRC) after resolution, whatever caused the delay may do so repeatedly. If that happens, talk to NICS about being added to their Voluntary Appeals File, which gives them a permanent record of the truth behind the problem, and can end repeated delays.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom