• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's an AR lower made for mp5 mags and I am dead serious.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oh. I thought you were gonna try mixing AR and MP5 components. It love to try that too! We can make it happen.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    8 inch. A 45ACP can lose velocity in a 16 inch barrel. That's why the TSMG is 1O.25 inches.

Saw that in the link Doc posted, seems after 14 or so inches, velocity starts dipping down. Makes that choice easy!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    https://www.cmmginc.com/product-category/rifles/9mm-guard-rifles/

CMMG has a "radial delayed" blowback 9mm and .45 ACP AR. No more heavy buffers/springs. Reduced recoil. Should be a better suppressor host with less ejection port bark. The complete rifle isn't priced terribly, but you can buy a bolt/barrel for <$400. Not sure it will work with Colt pattern mags. I'll let you know when I get my barrel/bolt in.

Just buy a CZ Scorpion. Anything with an AR charging handle suppressed is going to give you some gas and debris blowback into your face, unless you go with a side charging upper like a Spartan or similar one that does not use the charging handle.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just buy a CZ Scorpion. Anything with an AR charging handle suppressed is going to give you some gas and debris blowback into your face, unless you go with a side charging upper like a Spartan or similar one that does not use the charging handle.

Scorpion is direct blowback. Delayed blowback will reduce the gas blown back. The large volume suppressor I am going to put on it (11.5” tube, reflex design) should fix the rest.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I struggle a bit with 45 acp ARs. I would like to get one but find it hard to justify when I have several 300 blk the shoot 245 gr loads and 9mm uppers with a colt mag block. 300 blk is basically the same energy as 45 acp but I don’t have to worry about dedicated lowers, new mags, etc. I can also use my 9mm supressor! I’m not saying that I don’t want one, but 1k+ for an upper lower combo, 600+ for a 45 supressor, 100+ for mags. Getting into a 45 acp AR would be an expensive endever and I wouldn’t be able to use my SBR lower with a mag block like I do with 9mm.

I do wish that they made a delayed blowback 9mm upper in 11 inches so that I could use it on my SBR in MD. I think it would be more pleasant to shoot, cleaner and quieter when suppressed.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    8" barrel and pin/weld the suppressor mount?
    I measured my Navy 3lug mount, and it only added about .75". Presumably, pinning that plus the combo of Magpul ACS-L plus Vltor A5 plus Magpul 0.7" buttpad will get you there. You'll have a bit of an expensive monstrosity at the end... frankly, chopping the 16" barrel to 10.5" is going to be cheaper than doing all that other stuff.

I did some more research, and it turns out this system is not compatible out of the box with guns that are using Colt double-feed mags. CMMG said that they were going to return to the problem in late-2018/early-2019, as, obviously, there is a huge market for retro-fitting old Colt-style guns with something better than direct-blowback.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I got my bolt/barrel in today. Definitely a no-go on a Colt pattern lower. The raised feedramps aren’t liking the basically standard sized BCG. I have an 80% Glock lower I’ll mill out later this week and try out over the weekend.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'll be waiting to hear the results. Haven't bought anything yet, I'm letting you guys be the guinea pigs. ;)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'll be waiting to hear the results. Haven't bought anything yet, I'm letting you guys be the guinea pigs. ;)

Thinking of getting a decibel meter to compare direct blowback vs delayed. Particularly interested in the ejection port noise. I can use my Multimount on both my 9mm ARs.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Thinking of getting a decibel meter to compare direct blowback vs delayed. Particularly interested in the ejection port noise. I can use my Multimount on both my 9mm ARs.

I'm guessing delayed ought to be good for a few decibels over direct, maybe not a huge difference, but again I'm just guessing.

I have to get my list together so I can get working on that. Have the links for the lower and the tube, and bolt/barrel - but that's about it for the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom