• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jt2100r

Aug 2, 2014
    Huntingtown
    I always get delayed , took 3 days. I then got denied, got that reversed ,got a UPIN and the last time was delayed 1 day.Its hit or miss.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I have had a UPIN for years, still get delayed days. Even had my PA carry denied (another thread here), filed an appeal, good to go. On the appeal I included my UPIN, still took a week.

OP did you apply for PA permit, if so any delay?

Last edited:

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I get delayed about 50% of the time.
    I have a far from common first and last name.
    I was In the Navy from 1988-2014.
    Hold a MD collectors license, USCG Masters license and a TWIC.
    Held and continue to hold a TS/SCI with poly since 1992
    I alway provide my SSN.

I have no idea why I get delayed so often.
    Usually it's resolved within 30 minutes but has taken a day or two.

Last edited:

03gsxr1000

Speed Demon
    Jul 4, 2010
    I was delayed in March 2023. Waited 5 days and picked it up. I have MD CCW, collectors license, HQL etc. I thought it was a fluke, but today (two months later) was delayed on the “NICS” again. I called the FFL from the first delay, they informed me it was still in delay. I got some results from the FBI online. How can I fix this? The experience of being delayed is comparable to having your credit card declined on a first date. The fact that it is still delayed is worrisome. I’m waiting for a knock on my door due to an error.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpeg
      IMG_0702.jpeg
      299.4 KB · Views: 59

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I routinely get delayed. Used to be anywhere from 5-7 days (some places don't honor the Brady Law and won't release even when they legally can).

I filed an appeal with the FBI and got myself a UPIN (it's a free process, you can do it online now).

Took approximately 3 months. Now I list my UPIN on all my 4473s, I get about 20% instant approval, 80% delay but the delays are much shorter. Some a few hours, longest with UPIN has been 2 days.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Funny thing is I have never had an approved until I got my upin. Either a similar name or my little discharge of a firearm charge in howard causes it. Like I never had an approved at all, always delayed, released 3 days later. Even had a shop check ncis 28 days later, still delayed. Yes I put my SS.

Once I got my upin approved in 30 seconds everytime.

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I used to get delayed as well, every time.
    Turns out, I'd missed a court date, had a bench warrant issued, got pulled over and arrested. I paid the ticket that evening, but the magistrate never filed a disposition on the case, so it still showed as open.
    I called NICS in Wva and she gave me the name and number for a court clerk in Annapolis who was able to resolve the issue and expunge the open case.
    Never a problem since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom