• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    DE, like MD, could be 2 states. DE up north is a liberal sh!thole. Southern DE, MD Eastern Shore, and the VA peninsula would love nothing more than to form the 51st state of DelMarVa.....

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    I'm implying that they are depressed because their entire lives smell like sh!t from dupont. humor..

I'm try to figure out the "smell like sh!t" from DuPont part. Interesting comment coming from a gun owner since they started as a gun powder manufacturer and owned Remington for a time.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    DE, like MD, could be 2 states. DE up north is a liberal sh!thole. Southern DE, MD Eastern Shore, and the VA peninsula would love nothing more than to form the 51st state of DelMarVa.....

Delaware "up north" is Democrat, but for the most part isn't anything like other liberal states. As far as firearms, we don't need to register our firearms and can open carry freely. I would love to move back to my birth state, Maryland, but I'm afraid that won't happen since you don't have those freedoms.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Yes this is an old post, but I just wanted to point out that none of the bills were passed except for the one regarding background checks. In my book, not a big deal as I have nothing to hide.

This may get me in trouble with the more conservative members but if background checks for mental health issues and felonies keep these two groups from obtaining legal weapons then I am all for background checks.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    This may get me in trouble with the more conservative members but if background checks for mental health issues and felonies keep these two groups from obtaining legal weapons then I am all for background checks.

if is a big word

If the laws associated with background checks are not enforced, then the point of doing background checks don't mean squat.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    I'm try to figure out the "smell like sh!t" from DuPont part. Interesting comment coming from a gun owner since they started as a gun powder manufacturer and owned Remington for a time.

Now im confused. The dupont plant smells like shit. Always. When it wafts south it infects delaware with the smell. Perpetually. If i lived in a state that smelled of shit perpetually, id gargle with buckshot (allusion to depression). I thought my quip was pretty straight forward.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    If the laws associated with background checks are not enforced, then the point of doing background checks don't mean squat.

agreed we need to enforce the laws we have on the books before we suggest new ones.

so when was the last time someone was found guilty of trying to illegally buy a firearm after they did not pass a NICS check?

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    Now im confused. The dupont plant smells like shit. Always. When it wafts south it infects delaware with the smell. Perpetually. If i lived in a state that smelled of shit perpetually, id gargle with buckshot (allusion to depression). I thought my quip was pretty straight forward.

What DuPont plant are you referring to?
    You might be smelling New Jersey, but seeing you live in Arizona you must have an incredible sense of smell.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    Didn't mean it as an attack, I just disagree with the 'I have nothing to hide' line of reasoning.

I myself have nothing to hide, but I won't permit warrantless searches and I think all secondary gun sales should be face-to-face.

Never took it as an attack. My comment was tongue in cheek.

As far as background checks, if I sold a gun FTF to someone I didn't know, I would insist on a check.

Here is the law as written. It still allows family members to not require the check.

AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 11 AND TITLE 24 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR TRANSFER OF FIREARMS.
    Synopsis of Orginal Bill:
    (without Amendments) Federally licensed firearms dealers (FFLs) are required to perform criminal history background checks on prospective firearms purchasers. However, when the sale or transfer of a firearm does not involve a licensed dealer, no background check is required. This is an enormous loophole—one in which convicted felons, minors and other prohibited purchasers can readily avoid background checks and more easily acquire guns.
    This bill would require that a criminal history background check be performed in connection with the sale or transfer of all firearms, with a few exceptions noted below. Background checks would be performed by licensed firearms dealers, who are already required to conduct a background check whenever they sell a firearm or when requested by private parties. Dealers would be required to maintain records of such background checks in accordance with state and federal law.
    Background checks would not be required in private party transactions (1) in which the buyer or transferee is a member of the seller or transferor’s immediate family (parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, sibling or spouse); (2) involving antique firearms and certain replicas thereof; (3) involving the return by a licensed pawnbroker of a firearm to the person from whom it was received; or (4) involving qualified active duty and retired law-enforcement officers. Persons who violate this act would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor for a first offense. Any subsequent offense would be a class G felony.

For a responsible gun owner, it shouldn't be a big deal.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Never took it as an attack. My comment was tongue in cheek.

As far as background checks, if I sold a gun FTF to someone I didn't know, I would insist on a check.

Here is the law as written. It still allows family members to not require the check.

AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 11 AND TITLE 24 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR TRANSFER OF FIREARMS.
    Synopsis of Orginal Bill:
    (without Amendments) Federally licensed firearms dealers (FFLs) are required to perform criminal history background checks on prospective firearms purchasers. However, when the sale or transfer of a firearm does not involve a licensed dealer, no background check is required. This is an enormous loophole—one in which convicted felons, minors and other prohibited purchasers can readily avoid background checks and more easily acquire guns.
    This bill would require that a criminal history background check be performed in connection with the sale or transfer of all firearms, with a few exceptions noted below. Background checks would be performed by licensed firearms dealers, who are already required to conduct a background check whenever they sell a firearm or when requested by private parties. Dealers would be required to maintain records of such background checks in accordance with state and federal law.
    Background checks would not be required in private party transactions (1) in which the buyer or transferee is a member of the seller or transferor’s immediate family (parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, sibling or spouse); (2) involving antique firearms and certain replicas thereof; (3) involving the return by a licensed pawnbroker of a firearm to the person from whom it was received; or (4) involving qualified active duty and retired law-enforcement officers. Persons who violate this act would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor for a first offense. Any subsequent offense would be a class G felony.

For a responsible gun owner, it shouldn't be a big deal.
    I respect your opinion and we can agree to disagree.

If we ever at a Carroll County meet-up together, I would be proud to buy you the beverage of your choice. :thumbsup:

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011

Or we could just stay at 50 and let the liberal parts stay together connect by a short patch of highway or something and let the decent states go there. IT is pathetic that my patriot brothers and sisters in Maryland are not allowed to protect themselves

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011

You make a good point and most gun owners in a way would probably agree.

Here is why many don't.

ANY LIBERAL ISSUE like gun control if you give an inch they push for a mile. I wont debate gay marriage as its settled in Delaware and Maryland, but think of it this way. Many places it started with civil unions ( an inch) and a mile ( calling it marriage) was pushed for.

Think of the civil rights movement. Started with being treated equally. now its about special rights for some instead of equal rights for all.

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    I recently went to ocean city andthe gps took us through some rural country part of deleware for about 45 minutes and I got a great vibe, me and my wife. She even said she wanted to live out there in the country. So I hope deleware isn't a baby Maryland.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I recently went to ocean city andthe gps took us through some rural country part of deleware for about 45 minutes and I got a great vibe, me and my wife. She even said she wanted to live out there in the country. So I hope deleware isn't a baby Maryland.

Pretty much is little MD already. I-95 urban New Castle County/Wilmington pretty much dominates rural Kent & Sussex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom