• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just picked up one of these from Jlowes.
    Does anyone have any experience with one ?
    Feel free to offer any advice.
    Thanks.

I don't have a Delton built gun but I have one of their uppers, it was my 2nd AR and has been flawless. 1000s of rounds of all quality. One of the better budget ARs out there. Have a couple more of their uppers squirreled away for future builds since their sales are usually awesome.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    How do they compare with a Ruger AR?

Ive looked at the Ruger nothing to write home about, seems like a solid mid-line build. Its getting hard to tell them apart, that said the one thing that makes you say "maybe" is Ruger's legendary customer service.

Plus there is just an irony to a Ruger AR given Bill Ruger's support of various gun controls.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Bill Ruger didn’t support gun control. He showed a willingness to compromise which he felt was necessary to avoid a total ban.

What I like about the Ruger AR is their barrel profile...it is not as heavy as many other HBAR profiles. Plus there is another feature or two which is unique.

treadhead88

Panzerfahrer
    Jun 20, 2009
    Cecil Co.
    Thanks for the views/comments guys, I appreciate it.
    It seems that the Del-ton is a good rifle, good to know I didn't buy junk.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I wanted to add an inexpensive HBAR to the safe and so I bought the same rifle from JLowes this week also. For the money, there is really not much to complain about. The fitment between the upper and lower is tight as a glove and it seems to be a good little package.

I will say that I was unable to remove the cam pin from the BCG as it hits the gas key. I was finally able to remove it by prying it out with a small screw driver (not recommended btw). I had to force its reinsertion to put it back together. I contacted John and he is going to find out how Del-Ton wants to handle it. Its not a big deal IMO, as long as they replace the BCG. I wont be real happy if they ask me to send it to them so that they can trouble shoot it. I just want a new one.

I took it out to the range today and ran a magazine through it just to make sure everything functioned properly. It did.

Attachments

• 20190301_194217.jpg
      20190301_194217.jpg
      39.7 KB · Views: 281
    • 20190301_194220.jpg
      20190301_194220.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 279

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thanks for the views/comments guys, I appreciate it.
    It seems that the Del-ton is a good rifle, good to know I didn't buy junk.

It will work fine for you and you can always upgrade to a higher end upper later as long as you keep it HBAR later if the mood strikes you.

treadhead88

Panzerfahrer
    Jun 20, 2009
    Cecil Co.
    Sorry to hear your having that issue, I hope they can work it out easily!
    I'll have to look at mine when I get a chance, I haven't had a chance to break it down and clean it yet, been a little busy.
    I hope to get to it tomorrow, I will share what I encounter.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I’ve had a DTI Echo since 2016. I took it to the SOTAR armorers course after about 1000 rounds and we didn’t find any issues at the time. Prior to a mysterious boating accident it had a binary trigger too. It’s probably got about 3000 rounds through it now and I don’t think I’ve really cleaned it since Chad’s class a few years ago. Still runs just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I've had a 16" heavy 1/9 CL MPI del ton middy upper since about 08 or so. It rides on a tactical innovations t15bdx lower w/ 4.5 timney skeleton. The only real issue was that the barrel nut was barely hand tight when I swapped the factory delta ring hand guards for a YHM diamond tube. It's functioned great. Here's a picture from a month or so ago when I hit up the range with my pop. It's a 10 rnd group @ 100 yards with oooooollllld xm193, with a Leopold 1.25-4 at 4x.

It shoots better with quality ammo/hand loads, and for some reason really liked some 62 gr ati I shot a while back and got .75" groups with.

Attachments

• 20190105_130634.jpg
      20190105_130634.jpg
      76.1 KB · Views: 239
    • Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 21.34.15.jpg
      Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 21.34.15.jpg
      40.6 KB · Views: 238

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    I put this together last year with a 11.5 del-ton upper I got on their black friday sale. Runs great.

Attachments

• IMG_3189.jpg
      IMG_3189.jpg
      52.8 KB · Views: 239

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    I had a Delton untill my boating accident. I loved it. In fact i prefer it over the Windham i used to own that was lost in the same accident. Probably 1k rounds through it. Very accurate and no issues. Sucks its in the bottom of the bay now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom