• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    In the past issue of the "County Times" http://countytimes.somd.com/archive/2013/01-jan/2013-01-10.pdf Del Wood (Dist. 29A) says "I agree with the Second Amendment but we are taking about a weapon for hunting or protecting your property." "Do we need assault weapons? I don't think so."

I think that some friendly correspondence form his constituents are needed to help him change his mind.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    He isn't gonna change his mind, he has been a Delegate since the late 80's, at almost 80 yrs old it is time to vote him outta office and bring in a younger fresh perspective for St. Mary's County.......

KCain

Dec 16, 2012
    Arbutus, Maryland
    In the past issue of the "County Times" http://countytimes.somd.com/archive/2013/01-jan/2013-01-10.pdf Del Wood (Dist. 29A) says "I agree with the Second Amendment but we are taking about a weapon for hunting or protecting your property." "Do we need assault weapons? I don't think so."

I think that some friendly correspondence form his constituents are needed to help him change his mind.

Please show me in the Second Amendment where it mentions "Hunting" or "Protecting your property"? Have any of these idiots read the Second Amendment? If not they should shut up!... They seem a lot smarter when they don't speak! :mad54:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    He isn't gonna change his mind, he has been a Delegate since the late 80's, at almost 80 yrs old it is time to vote him outta office and bring in a younger fresh perspective for St. Mary's County.......

We need to try to change every mind we can.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Never mind about changing his mind -- probably not possible since he has (D) behind his name and has been part of the Annapolis establishment forever.

But nevertheless concur with the recommendation that we barrage all of our representatives with snail-mail, phone-calls, and e-mails. Our messages must be polite and respectful messages, but they must also be both clear and strong.

And let's make it clear to those representatives who have relatively conservative constituencies that we will no longer tolerate that old Annapolis game of them asking Mike Busch and Mike Miller for permission to vote with their constituents, but only after the Mikes have ensured that there are already enough (D) votes to pass the legislation.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Best quote ever, seen on-line a few days ago:

"Rosa Parks did not necessarily NEED to sit in the front of the bus.

I do not necessarily NEED a black-rifle.

It's about RIGHTS!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom